• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta: Special Edition |OT| Fly Me To Wii U

Rosur

Plan to start bayonetta 1 tonight (first time playing bayonetta) Spent the weekend playing civ rather than this.

Hugstable

Banned
HOLY SHIT

*Chapter X Spoilers*

They just brought back fucking bosses as normal enemies in the fifth verse of the level. This game ain't holding back at all

Dizzy-4U

Richie

So I bought this package of Bayo goodness, which is acclaimed to hell and back.
I LOVED The Wonderful 101 and that on its own was enough to trust Platinum with anything, let alone a release that's reaching serious status for GOTY candidate.
I have never played the original Bayonetta, so that's an extra (and quite juicy) incentive to get onto it and play it.
I actually managed to purchase it earlier than its official release day.
...And yet, it sits next to me untouched, waiting for whatever the time will be when I can put down Hyrule Warriors and its addictive-as-sin Adventure Mode.
Help me, GAF.
Help me reach the moon.

(Posted this in the Hyrule Warriors OT, but it's more fitting here I think...)

Seriously worried that by the time I get on my senses Smash U will be out.

Neff

So I bought this package of Bayo goodness, which is acclaimed to hell and back.
I LOVED The Wonderful 101 and that on its own was enough to trust Platinum with anything, let alone a release that's reaching serious status for GOTY candidate.
I have never played the original Bayonetta, so that's an extra (and quite juicy) incentive to get onto it and play it.
I actually managed to purchase it earlier than its official release day.
...And yet, it sits next to me untouched, waiting for whatever the time will be when I can put down Hyrule Warriors and its addictive-as-sin Adventure Mode.
Help me, GAF.
Help me reach the moon.

If you like W101, you'll like Bayonetta, and that's that.

Richie

If you like W101, you'll like Bayonetta, and that's that.

I LOVED TW101, how it regarded you fine tuning your skills, all the richness in combos, how it was so over the top crazy from the get-go and how the stakes only kept growing...I also appreciate humor in my games so Bayo had my heart the second she went "flock off" in the E3 trailer.

Kamiya just Tweeted:

ベヨの任天堂コスチューム…それぞれ懐かしい効果音も楽しめるんだけど、ベヨの時とジャンヌの時で効果音が違うのに気付いた! て誰も言ってこないんだけどどうなってるの…

Basically, he's wondering why no one has pointed out to him that the sound effects when using the Nintendo costumes are different when using Bayonetta and when using Jeanne yet.

Further;

ジャンヌはゲームの事をよく知らなくて8bit時代で止まってるからああいう音になってる設定…

'Jeanne doesn't know much about games; she's stuck in the 8-bit era, which is the reasoning behind using those sounds for her.'

KHlover

Banned
Kamiya just Tweeted:

Basically, he's wondering why no one has pointed out to him that the sound effects when using the Nintendo costumes are different when using Bayonetta and when using Jeanne.

Probably because everyone rushed through Bayonetta 1 to catch up and is now busy playing Bayonetta 2 (At least I did :p)

Playing for 2 hours on last weekend for the first time with a WiiU Pro Controller... I have to get used to the face button placement. I'm so used to the 360 controller that I press the wrong buttons all the time at the moment... strangely enough, I don't have this problem as much on the WiiU pad (there these buttons are a little bit too small).

But it's only a matter of time until I get used to that.

Only started last night; not played bayonetta before but completed other character action games.

I suck at bayonetta :(

Only got silver in the prologue am cry. This game is gonna eat me alive lol

that damn run!

final 2 levels left going to get some breakfast at McDs 6:30 am been at this all night

after food I end this story and start story 2 when I wake up later LOL

Frodo

Finished my first play through yesterday. Got a silver in total. Last chapters were a rain of Stone awards thanks to some stupid deaths and QTEs, but not too bad since it has been a few years since the last time I played it...

Now, let's replay everything.

walnuts

Don't know if somebody posted before, but right now both Bayonetta games are at the top 2 of the eShop, at least in America.

bayonetta-2-wii-u_244540_pp.jpg

Will Bayo 2 get great sales in NA, AU and EU regions?

Blu(e)

Concerning the eShop versions, does anyone know if the discount for picking up Bayonetta 1 (when you pick up 2 and vice versa) is permanent? I can't find any information regarding it.

Kinsei

Banned
Is there any way to see how many chapters total you've done? I've just spent about 40 minutes replaying the prologue over and over again, and I'd like you know how close I am to getting Sai Fung.

Is there any way to see how many chapters total you've done? I've just spent about 40 minutes replaying the prologue over and over again, and I'd like you know how close I am to getting Sai Fung.
I don't think so, just gotta keep replaying. Chapter 7 might be faster to replay if you have the bracelet of time

tsab

Concerning the eShop versions, does anyone know if the discount for picking up Bayonetta 1 (when you pick up 2 and vice versa) is permanent? I can't find any information regarding it.

I believe so. Just like the discount for upgrading VC games is permanent.

KNT-Zero

Easily one of the best guides of how to master dodge offset

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOVVmm4KOm4

What pure platinum is and how to get it:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXl6XSEnLPY

some Combo videos for you guys to aspire to:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQVjSjvVPag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSP9eMmM-Fw

Bayonetta developer commentary... Its low res but fun to watch in chunks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwvSd4kcfdk

Bayonetta weapons..... slight spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSfKJ3Po8Ps

I was watching the Dodge Offset tutorial video with automatic subtitles, when suddenly...

SSV2Ycb.png

So, I'm on chapter 5 and it sounds like I really need to get good at a handful of combos that end in a wicked weave and learn to dodge offset. Is there a good place to go to practice, or should I just keep throwing myself at Grace and Glory until I can do it, not worrying about dying a thousand times?

Edit: well, that was a nicely timed post above mine. Will check out those videos today.

Clefargle

Kamiya just Tweeted:

Basically, he's wondering why no one has pointed out to him that the sound effects when using the Nintendo costumes are different when using Bayonetta and when using Jeanne yet.

Further;

'Jeanne doesn't know much about games; she's stuck in the 8-bit era, which is the reasoning behind using those sounds for her.'
Neat, I wonder how Rodin sounds in the peach suit :p

Forgot how great the atmosphere was in this game. Between the art and music it really sets an interesting tone. I love going to Rodin's just because of the vibes.

Just did Chapter 13. Really enjoyed that boss fight. Felt very satisfying.

Although I still very much suck, I've managed to keep my deaths to around 5 in each of the last three chapters, which is a huge improvement on 30+ in Chapter V. Went back and re-did Chapter 1 and jumped from a stone to a gold statue without even really trying (was just farming halos). Feels good to know that I've improved at the game, though, even if it's not much. Anyway, not long to go until I'm finish now (I think)!

popyea

Is there any way to get rid of the Miiverse button on the GamePad? I'm playing off TV and that shit is so distracting. :/

I found out by reading the manual that if you disable miiverse posting in the parental controls menu, the icon no longer appears. A pretty dumb way to do it, but it's something. Hopefully they patch in a proper option.

jorgejjvr

I've only played the demo of bayonetta 2 but damn bayo 1 seems much harder, and that witch time is harder to pull off. I also find it funny that the difficulty levels are very easy, easy, and normal. Easy is too easy and normal is like hard lol

Iorv3th

Just got through Chapter... 2? That boss fight at the end with that QTE. I forgot how annoying it was and ended up getting a stone on that level because I had to use so many continues. Even though I had a few golds and 2 pure platinums :(.

Don't know if somebody posted before, but right now both Bayonetta games are at the top 2 of the eShop, at least in America.

bayonetta-2-wii-u_244540_pp.jpg

Will Bayo 2 get great sales in NA, AU and EU regions?

It's not like the games have any competition on the console. Of course any noteworthy release will be on top, after the usual months of barren release schedules. Don't expect amazing sales...

GulAtiCa

Theone from angel attack is temporary, the ones you buy from the Gates of Hell are permanent. No idea if the angel attack ones go away when leaving a chapter or not.

So those increases from the 4 hearts you can find in levels are temp too? The # of heart parts I have is always saved, but not the increase. Would make the game easier to survive if those increase from those hearts stayed with me lol

BadWolf

So those increases from the 4 hearts you can find in levels are temp too? The # of heart parts I have is always saved, but not the increase. Would make the game easier to survive if those increase from those hearts stayed with me lol

Nope, those are permanent.

It's like Devil May Cry.

Top Bottom