• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta: Special Edition |OT| Fly Me To Wii U

Draconian

Ok, so I was getting really frustrated at the amount of times I kept dying, but today I discovered dodge offset, and oh wow, this game feels so much better now. I feel like I've been fighting with one hand tied behind my back this whole time. Now this game feels so much better!

SuomiDude

I knew the genre wasn't really for me, but I still expected a bit more from these games. Bayo 1 was a pain in the ass, ok it took a lot of time to get into the game mechanics, but man did it try to screw me over all the time. Cheap QTE deaths, bad camera angles and sometimes just too much going on at the same time. I played on normal and eventually I got more than just stone awards, but even after beating the game I felt like I didn't really get the game. I tried on hard but even the chapter 1 is impossible, so I gave up immediately and moved on to Bayo 2.

Now I started accidently on easy, 2nd Climax, as I thought the text saying this mode is for experienced players meant medium level. But it wasn't and I didn't notice it until about halfway through. I just thought the game was easier than the first one. Got lots of gold and platinums, though rarely throughout a whole chapter. Now the improvements, no cheap QTE deaths, thank god. The game is already better than Bayo 1 and The Wonderful 101 could ever hope to be because of that. And maybe I just got a bit better in general, but I'm now enjoying the fighting a lot more than in Bayo 1 and it makes a bit more sense, or maybe it was because of the easier difficulty setting? I still don't really understand the story after beating this game, but it was interesting to follow nevertheless. This game was a lot shorter, which is a shame, but maybe, just maybe it encourages me to sometimes try to play it through again.

There seems to be lots of unlockables, but I mean unlocking the most expensive item
halos? Yeah, nope. Is it really worth it? Also got a second character to play (didn't get one in Bayo 1 after beating the game), does it have a different story?

Siegmeyer

Is there any way to tell how many stages you've completed? Trying to get to 100 to unlock Sai-Fung but have no idea how close I am.

danmaku

There seems to be lots of unlockables, but I mean unlocking the most expensive item
halos? Yeah, nope. Is it really worth it? Also got a second character to play (didn't get one in Bayo 1 after beating the game), does it have a different story?

The Platinum Ticket allows you to fight a secret and crazy hard boss, so it's worth it only if you're really good at the game and want more challenge. Playing with Jeanne doesn't change the story, she just has different properties compared to Bayonetta (it's harder to get witch time but her weave attacks are more powerful).

The Platinum Ticket allows you to fight a secret and crazy hard boss, so it's worth it only if you're really good at the game and want more challenge. Playing with Jeanne doesn't change the story, she just has different properties compared to Bayonetta (it's harder to get witch time but her weave attacks are more powerful).

Just wanted to add that there are cheatcodes in this game which let you get items and characters for less halos.

cheatcodes

trixx

So i just beat bayonetta.

I'm confused as to what I just played. It was awesome and confusing at the same time.

My complaints are: what the hell did I just play, camera issues and air combat. That contributed to a lot of confusion while playing the game.

I beat the game on easy and I still don't really know how to play...

The credits had me like wut.

Bog

Junior Ace
Bayonetta 1 is pretty tough to go back to after the second game. The QTE deaths, the bad camera... I feel like it's never actually my fault when I die in Bayonetta 1. It's probably still a decent game on its own, but it's really no contest when you put it side by side with the second game.

Garou

So i just beat bayonetta.

I'm confused as to what I just played. It was awesome and confusing at the same time.

My complaints are: what the hell did I just play, camera issues and air combat. That contributed to a lot of confusion while playing the game.

I beat the game on easy and I still don't really know how to play...

The credits had me like wut.

On easy the game is so automated, might as well just watch YouTube-videos.

Draconian

I've gotta say, I don't get the hate for Route 666 in this thread. All of the
motorcycle portions
I made it through just fine without dying once, and I don't think I'm good at this game at all. For me it was a "Holy crap, this is happening" segment, and my favorite chapter of the game so far.

SuomiDude

Ok, so I can forget that one.

Just wanted to add that there are cheatcodes in this game which let you get items and characters for less halos.

cheatcodes
Those required halos are much bigger than what they cost in the store, what gives? Also noticed that there's a secret chapter if you complete all the Alfheims, though this is only for Bayo 1 it seems. Bayo 2 cheats didn't mention anything about similar chapter.

But yeah, might return to Bayo 2 at some point, but now I'm clearing my backlog, so it can wait.

motorcycle portions
I made it through just fine without dying once, and I don't think I'm good at this game at all. For me it was a "Holy crap, this is happening" segment, and my favorite chapter of the game so far.

it's by far the worst segment in the game. I hated it with every inch of my body.
It's like all the sonic games: just because it's fast doesn't make it great or even good.

motorcycle portions

didn't have much of a problem with it. it's just a little too long, that's all. best music ever, naturally.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Bayonetta 1 is pretty tough to go back to after the second game. The QTE deaths, the bad camera... I feel like it's never actually my fault when I die in Bayonetta 1. It's probably still a decent game on its own, but it's really no contest when you put it side by side with the second game.

Definitely. The game was a 10/10 back in 2010 but now it's like a 7/10 game when Bayo 2 rolled around and ironed out all the flaws which are so obvious now you go back to. Like god damn, the instant death QTEs and vehicle sections are the absolute worst even if the music is great.

Orgen

Trying to get all the unlockables and I'm getting a hard time :(

Questions:

What does the Eternal Marionette do? Is there another way to get it than go through the campaign on Easy? (I still don't have Jeanne).

Need to beat the Lost Chapter but I'm getting my ass kicked so I'm trying to beat the game on Infinite Climax to get the Pillow Talk. Will it help me? Any other advice to beat the Lost Chapter? (accesories, weapons...)

Thanks!

trixx

On easy the game is so automated, might as well just watch YouTube-videos.

Yeah I noticed this once i was hitting punches and kicks were coming out and ending my combos. Had me very confused when i started playing.

Will have to replay it again.

Nimby

Banned
Man, I suck so bad at this game. 5 deaths on Chapter V is normal for newbies right? And with like 3 bloodshots and a purple witch heart :\

Jezan

Man, I suck so bad at this game. 5 deaths on Chapter V is normal for newbies right? And with like 3 bloodshots and a purple witch heart :\
Yes don't worry about it yet, the first playthrough the game will make you suffer. Just learn it, but don't get down if you cant get a nice grade, it will be later, for now just enjoy it

I've been playing Bayonetta 1 before starting 2, and I like the game a lot. I am terrible at it, though. Where posters in this thread say they died five times on certain levels, I died like 15 or more times (and not because of QTEs). I have seemingly gotten better (I've been dying 5 times max in the latest levels), but not by much.

I just saw Chapter 14 in the Kamiya playthrough, and good God, I do not want to go through that! I am actually dreading playing that. I really like this game, though. Can't get over Bayonetta and her clone's dance off, lol.

Ozium

Just finished Bayo 1 while preparing for 2 (I last played it on PS3, so playing it on Wii U it feels almost like a new game)

Are there unlockables for beating Hard and Infinite Climax mode w/ Pure Platinums or is it just bragging rights? I want to unlock most things before I venture over to Bayo 2.... I know there is an unlockable for getting platinum on Normal, but unsure if there is anything for doing that on the harder difficiulties...

thanks

Draconian

Gracious and Glorious are the equivalent of Kamiya screaming "GIT GUUUUUUUUD" at you from a mountaintop. I feel like I cheesed that fight, but good grief getting near them is asking for a beat down if you aren't extremely careful.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished this yesterday. I liked the first half way more than the second. I hated the overly long 'pallette cleansers' like the motorcycle segment, flying and the terrible turret section near the end. To top it all off, every major boss got recycled too. It's a bit disappointing to see a visually creative game like this bogged down by some of these elements.

The first half was great because the new enemy types and bosses kept coming, making the combat super fun. Then the second half descends into monotomy pretty quickly.

Finished on normal, never had any trouble advancing, but I mostly got stone awards (which is normal for a first run apparently). Weapon combo I used most was the katana + claws on feet. I loved the charged orb for the electro-claws.

First I thought about replaying the game to find all weapons/challenges, but I may just jump to the sequel immediately. I don't feel like replaying the last chapters.

Finished this yesterday. I liked the first half way more than the second. I hated the overly long 'pallette cleansers' like the motorcycle segment, flying and the terrible turret section near the end. To top it all off, every major boss got recycled too. It's a bit disappointing to see a visually creative game like this bogged down by some of these elements.

The first half was great because the new enemy types and bosses kept coming, making the combat super fun. Then the second half descends into monotomy pretty quickly.

Finished on normal, never had any trouble advancing, but I mostly got stone awards (which is normal for a first run apparently). Weapon combo I used most was the katana + claws on feet. I loved the charged orb for the electro-claws.

First I thought about replaying the game to find all weapons/challenges, but I may just jump to the sequel immediately. I don't feel like replaying the last chapters.
Not strictly aimed at you personally, but I never did understand why the turret section gets compared to the on-rail segments when measuring awful gameplay. Not to say the turret portion isn't boring and completely superfluous padding, there's no denying it's a lacklustre distraction, but it's short and very easy to Pure Platinum with Metal Slug tactics (read: jumping out of it when projectiles are about to hit you), which is something you can't say about Route 666 and the Afterburner homage. At worst the turret's something dull that ultimately leaves me indifferent by the end of it, as opposed to dreading going through it and outright hating it being necessary for progress.

Anyways: I'd suggest still replaying the first half on a higher difficulty for a number of reasons. Getting more accustomed to some of the techniques (like Dodge Offset) brought up in this thread whilst under pressure by the more aggressive enemies, for the most part more interesting Verse spawns, trying out different weapons, refining how you extend extend your combos + aiming for higher ratings, et cetera. Will make Bayonetta 2's 3rd Climax (the equivalent of B1's Normal) all the more enjoyable, never mind B1's gameplay feeling like a chore after 2.

popyea

Will make Bayonetta 2's 3rd Climax (the equivalent of B1's Normal) all the more enjoyable, never mind B1's gameplay feeling like a chore after 2.

What makes it a chore for you? It's definitely harder, but to me it's more robust and rewarding. Or are you talking strictly about how certain minigame sections turn replaying into a chore?

I've yet to play Bayonetta 1 and 2, but I bought Wonderful 101 last year and it was tough. I hated the game for weeks (maybe months), died all the time. Every now and then I would play it again because I soooo wanted to like it. Then, all of a sudden, it just clicked and I started loving it.

I always thought Bayonetta was an easier game to get into. In fact, when I started playing W101 I got very interested in Bayonetta, because Bayonetta looked like a more straightforward game. However, after I started to like W101 and understood how it worked, the opposite happened: I loved W101 complexity so much that I tought Bayonetta would be too simple and straightforward.

Now I see these guys frustrated about it, and I'm really confused. Oh God.

What makes it a chore for you? It's definitely harder, but to me it's more robust and rewarding. Or are you talking strictly about how certain minigame sections turn replaying into a chore?
Camera being Ninja Gaiden Xbox levels of bad, some cheap artificial difficulty in places (usually environmental hazards) that plague otherwise fun encounters, framerate with worse lows than 2's, some long unskippable cutscenes first time around, certain bosses having annoying attacks or just falling flat in general (like Jubileus) and so forth.

The moment-to-moment combat against standard enemies is still top-of-the-line, but too often something existed that was detrimental to the overall flow in my eyes. "Rewarding" I can agree with since it punishes the player more without Umbran Climax existing either and requires more precision, but "robust" (when compared to Platinum's later work) is not a word I'd use to describe the first game with how it feels relatively rough around the edges. It's probably my least favorite title of their catalog out of the ones I played; still have to go through Madworld and Vanquish, so this could change admittedly.

I've yet to play Bayonetta 1 and 2, but I bought Wonderful 101 last year and it was tough. I hated the game for weeks (maybe months), died all the time. Every now and then I would play it again because I soooo wanted to like it. Then, all of a sudden, it just clicked and I started loving it.

I always thought Bayonetta was an easier game to get into. In fact, when I started playing W101 I got very interested in Bayonetta, because Bayonetta looked like a more straightforward game. However, after I started to like W101 and understood how it worked, the opposite happened: I loved W101 complexity so much that I tought Bayonetta would be too simple and straightforward.

Now I see these guys frustrated about it, and I'm really confused. Oh God.
I played Wonderful 101 well before Bayonetta 1 too with some similar frustration - I quite frankly felt inept - until it finally clicked, and I'd still recommend playing through B1. It is indeed more straight-forward or rather more traditional in comparison, but it's still worth it for how smooth controlling Bayonetta feels like in conjunction with experiencing the... flamboyant characters. It also has depth in other ways, though by the end of the day W101's execution remains wholly unique.

Bayonetta 2 surprisingly catapulted itself as my favorite in the genre, though. It'd be a tough call to make if Wonderful 101 had more refinement / cut the fat in places, but it's still a solid #2 in my book.

I played Wonderful 101 well before Bayonetta 1 too with some similar frustration - I quite frankly felt inept - until it finally clicked, and I'd still recommend playing through B1. It is indeed more straight-forward or rather more traditional in comparison, but it's still worth it for how smooth controlling Bayonetta feels like in conjunction with experiencing the... flamboyant characters. It also has depth in other ways, though by the end of the day W101's execution remains wholly unique.

Bayonetta 2 surprisingly catapulted itself as my favorite in the genre, though. It'd be a tough call to make if Wonderful 101 had more refinement / cut the fat in places, but it's still a solid #2 in my book.

Good to hear, thanks! I guess I'll eventually get it, seems like I'll end up liking it.

Draconian

Chapter XV has to be my least favorite chapter in this game for two big reasons.
It's not the repeated bosses/enemies either. The turret section is just bad. Heck, it's not even like it's hard, it's just extremely repetitive. The platforming section on the way to the golem is equally awful. When I finally did make it to where you're supposed to go, I jumped on one of the plain tiles (apparently you can only witch walk on the glowing ones) and fell straight down. Between this and the missile section that dominates Chapter XIV, well, I hope this last chapter is a lot better.

Renewed

So I finally got around to finishing the game. Holy moly, I'll take my Silver and proceed to git gud for Hard. I feel Kilgore's too strong since I was pulling off Platinums against enemies that previously rekt me.

So final thoughts: There are chapters that were a slog to play through again if I failed for any reason. But it still remains a great experience. Especially the end. YEESSS.

Took a peak at Hard difficulty and this is going to be fun. Gonna get into it as soon as I stop getting overtime at work.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Not strictly aimed at you personally, but I never did understand why the turret section gets compared to the on-rail segments when measuring awful gameplay. Not to say the turret portion isn't boring and completely superfluous padding, there's no denying it's a lacklustre distraction, but it's short and very easy to Pure Platinum with Metal Slug tactics (read: jumping out of it when projectiles are about to hit you), which is something you can't say about Route 666 and the Afterburner homage. At worst the turret's something dull that ultimately leaves me indifferent by the end of it, as opposed to dreading going through it and outright hating it being necessary for progress.

Well that was my main complaint: it is boring and feels like padding, in levels that already lack fun combat scenarios, in contrast to the first half. I don't think anyone who plays an action game like Bayonetta, is itching for this kind of segment.

I have since restarted on hard and I completed chapters I-IV in one swoop. Not with good rewards mind you, but I was surprised at how smooth it went. I started a replay because I missed weapons like Odette and Kilgore, I want to try them out.

I love the PKP combo. It's tempting to abuse it. You can't beat the results: quick, long range effect, high damage,...
btw it's so easy to trigger panther mode in combat. If you're just a tad too twitchy with dodging, it's too late. Hope it's mapped to a different button in 2.

Well that was my main complaint: it is boring and feels like padding, in levels that already lack fun combat scenarios, in contrast to the first half. I don't think anyone who plays an action game like Bayonetta, is itching for this kind of segment.

I have since restarted on hard and I completed chapters I-IV in one swoop. Not with good rewards mind you, but I was surprised at how smooth it went. I started a replay because I missed weapons like Odette and Kilgore, I want to try them out.

I love the PKP combo. It's tempting to abuse it. You can't beat the results: quick, long range effect, high damage,...
btw it's so easy to trigger panther mode in combat. If you're just a tad too twitchy with dodging, it's too late. Hope it's mapped to a different button in 2.
Yeah, I don't disagree with the turret being a needless element in that specific stage, since "at least it's easy and short" is the sole compliment I can give it. Still far worse sections in the game that are a painful drag, however.

The PKP combo is indeed great whether or not you use the katana; the effectiveness of it is something they toned down a tad in Bayonetta 2, but it's still strong for a quick Wicked Weave. Also, one tip with accidental Panthers: the button mapping for it is the same in the sequel, but in both games you can opt to use the jump button for dodging when locking on to an enemy to completely eliminate that possibility.

Ninja Dom

This is what I was using on my Hard Playthrough.

Main Weapons: A) Scarborough Fair on both hands and feet. B) Shuraba on hands and Durga on feet.

Accessories: Selene's Light (Instantly triggers Witch Time if you're hit by an enemy), Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa (gives you the PARRY move, you'll hear Bayonetta say "Not Quite" if you perform a Parry correctly, plus the enemy will be knocked back).

jeemer

Camera being Ninja Gaiden Xbox levels of bad

I actually liked the ninja gaiden camera for that style of game... As long as I have the ability to centre the camera by pressing a button I don't mind. It felt so satisfying to enter a room, make a mental note of where enemies are and successfully keep track of them while handling the fight.

In fairness though, I probably loved ninja gaiden far too much for my own good.

I actually liked the ninja gaiden camera for that style of game... As long as I have the ability to centre the camera by pressing a button I don't mind. It felt so satisfying to enter a room, make a mental note of where enemies are and successfully keep track of them while handling the fight.

In fairness though, I probably loved ninja gaiden far too much for my own good.
Personally, being forced to babysit the camera at every waking moment does nothing more than detract from the experience. Xbox' Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta 1 (2's is miles better) and Metal Gear Rising were some of the worst in the genre I had the displeasure of enduring; too often would they suddenly jerk towards a random direction because you so much as thought about running near a wall or obstacle, and mapping a button to recenter it on command is nothing more than a band-aid solution. My tolerance for this is very low, whereas I'm more forgiving if a game opted for something a little more unorthodox like W101's top-down view or God Hand's method. Both of which rarely pissed me off with their camera.

It's a difference in preferences evidently, so (without meaning to be sarcastic here) good for you that it was a non-issue.

It's kind of tough for me to put either Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden Black's camera over the other. Not to say they aren't both really bad in certain situations (although I think this is true for every game in the genre unfortunately), but Bayonetta's is at least fairly solid the majority of the time. NGB's is only fine half the time, but at least that game lets you instantly center the camera with a shoulder button (except when it occasionally doesn't.....what the fuck is the cameraman doing during the Alma fight?)

I second being really into God Hand and Wonderful 101's cameras. Of course they wouldn't work in Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, but they're definitely much less frustrating to work with.

I'm kind of surprised another poster said he thought the tower level near the end was one of his least favorites. I won't defend the turret section at all, it's lame and I don't understand why it exists, but aside from that the chapter is pretty great. It's long, it's decently challenging, and you get to fight pretty much every enemy in the game. What is there to hate about it? The platforming part near the end is really no big deal.

It's kind of tough for me to put either Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden Black's camera over the other. Not to say they aren't both really bad in certain situations (although I think this is true for every game in the genre unfortunately), but Bayonetta's is at least fairly solid the majority of the time. NGB's is only fine half the time, but at least that game lets you instantly center the camera with a shoulder button (except when it occasionally doesn't.....what the fuck is the cameraman doing during the Alma fight?)

I second being really into God Hand and Wonderful 101's cameras. Of course they wouldn't work in Devil May Cry or Bayonetta, but they're definitely much less frustrating to work with.

I'm kind of surprised another poster said he thought the tower level near the end was one of his least favorites. I won't defend the turret section at all, it's lame and I don't understand why it exists, but aside from that the chapter is pretty great. It's long, it's decently challenging, and you get to fight pretty much every enemy in the game. What is there to hate about it? The platforming part near the end is really no big deal.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Ninja Gaiden's recentering sometimes not even working properly at all. Good times.

I think one glaring issue with the tower (beyond the redundant distractions) is that it didn't feel as if the level design accommodated the enemies you fought, which is more apparent of a shortcoming on the higher difficulties. Gracious & Glorious, the Joys, the dogs etc. by definition are all fun to fight and put up a nice challenge, but the location itself is usually on the cramped side going from Verse to Verse. It's a big problem when the opposition here is aggressive or mobile (or both), with a few even having fairly long range, on top of the camera easily losing control of itself in these relatively restricted environments. Small arenas were typically avoided in Bayonetta 2 by contrast, with awkward elevation such as the tower's staircases (which sporadically caused you to whiff an attack) also being kept to a minimum. The chapter is indeed a cool endurance test of sorts, but the camera made it rather cumbersome more often than not.

Also, small world sirilpalazzo
/

Draconian

That platforming part is padding for the sake of padding. It wasn't fun and the part where you finally get near the end and have to bounce off of the part of the wall that isn't lit was irritating. I don't have a problem with the concept of the level, but why they threw in these elements that frankly nobody asked for is puzzling to me.

I did finish this the other day. The last boss was pretty cool, though not all that challenging, but then again I really liked Prudence too, and he was a piece of cake.

Nimby

Banned
I loved the final boss, is there a more epic final boss than that? It wasn't hard, but it was insanely fun.

I really enjoyed the game, I thought it was a bit short though, could have used like two more chapters. And the QTEs, whoever thought those were a good idea needs a stern talking too.

Veelk

Banned
I played some Bayo 1 on a whim today on the Wii U, and I had some serious slowdown in one fight in chapter 4.

I just want to ask, are there any known issues with the Wii U version, or was that just an anomaly I don't have to worry about repeating?

Adaren

I played some Bayo 1 on a whim today on the Wii U, and I had some serious slowdown in one fight in chapter 4.

I just want to ask, are there any known issues with the Wii U version, or was that just an anomaly I don't have to worry about repeating?

I don't recall any fights in Chapter 4 that are abnormally laggy, either when I played it on WiiU or 360...

There is, however, a bug that existed on the 360 version: if you initiate a Torture Attack that requires a lot of space in a small area, the game will pause for possibly several seconds while it flails about trying to find space to position Bayoneta, the enemy, and the torture device. This has a very high chance of happening with the Iron Maiden torture attack on some of the collapsing bridge segments in Chapter 4. So, if the lag was during a Torture Attack, it was probably this.

I'd expect the bug to be present in the WiiU version as well.

Veelk

Banned
I don't recall any fights in Chapter 4 that are abnormally laggy, either when I played it on WiiU or 360...

There is, however, a bug that existed on the 360 version: if you initiate a Torture Attack that requires a lot of space in a small area, the game will pause for possibly several seconds while it flails about trying to find space to position Bayoneta, the enemy, and the torture device. This has a very high chance of happening with the Iron Maiden torture attack on some of the collapsing bridge segments in Chapter 4. So, if the lag was during a Torture Attack, it was probably this.

I'd expect the bug to be present in the WiiU version as well.

That's bizarre. No, my fight was when the two fire dog things show up in Chapter 4.

Maybe it was just a wierd thing, but the frame rate went down to 20 fps. It didn't chug, it just slow-mo'd the game. Weird. Hopefully it won't be a huge issue through the game.

Adaren

That's bizarre. No, my fight was when the two fire dog things show up in Chapter 4.

Maybe it was just a wierd thing, but the frame rate went down to 20 fps. It didn't chug, it just slow-mo'd the game. Weird. Hopefully it won't be a huge issue through the game.

I just realized that I'm thinking of Chapter 5, and you're probably thinking of Chapter 3...
I guess I need to go brush up on my Bayo 1 again. XD

Dryk

I finally got to starting this today. Got through the two prologues and I'm mostly wishing the game would let me off the leash for a bit so I can get a better grasp on the combat.

BadWolf

Need to beat the Lost Chapter but I'm getting my ass kicked so I'm trying to beat the game on Infinite Climax to get the Pillow Talk. Will it help me? Any other advice to beat the Lost Chapter? (accesories, weapons...)

Thanks!

The key accessory to Lost Chapter is Star of Dinèta, it's crucial to staying alive since LS isn't balanced about giving you health pick ups like Bloody Palace in DMC.

Aside from that I used Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa and Evil Harvest Rosary for when Infinite Climax kicks in.

Most of the bosses, including the final boss, can be taken out using the camera trick with Shuraba or Pillow Talk.

My weapons were:

Primary - dual Scarborough fair
Secondary (big damage) - Shuraba + Fire Durga on legs
Tertiary - Whip + Fire Durga on legs

Used Pillow Talk for most of the bosses (Shuraba can be used in the same way but it's charge attack does less damage so fights would just take longer).

Nimby

Banned

I don't remember any slowdowns, it dropped when a lot was happening on screen but nothing like that.

There's some serious slowdown throughout the game, which unfortunately isn't all that much better in the Xbox 360 version either.

danmaku

It's normal, the game slows down to a crawl in certain sections, like the part with transparent angels (don't remember the chapter). I also found a gigantic slowdown at the end of chapter 1, during the last phase of the boss. I have no idea of the cause, since there's nothing especially complex on screen. It's not game breaking, but quite annoying.

Astral Dog

There are some annoying parts, the turrent, some platforming, that part on the elevator where you have to run, but at the same time that is one of the most memorable final levels on an action game,great music and art direction, i missed a final charpter like that on the sequel.

deoee

I'm about to get this treasure on monday.
Will be my first Bayonetta (except the bayonetta 2 demo) I'm about to play.

GAF, how can I make my body ready for this?

Top Bottom