• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just finished a session of Plyocide. Still my favorite BB workout ever!

A shame that I couldn't do the plyo push-ups that I could do before though :(

Well I strained by back last week at work so I had to restart P90X today. I did a lot better on Ab Ripper X today than I did last Tuesday, I can tell. I'm really excited to be able to start this program for real!

Chris R

Start of week 3, and I still hate the Total Body Circuit, mostly because I can't seem to nail the oblique push ups or plank walks, and have issues keeping up with the 180 squat burpee rate everyone else is pushing out.

At least I'll wake up feeling the good sore tomorrow morning.

They are about the same. PlyoX burns your legs, but Plyocide exhausts you.

Thats fine

But yea I start X2 Core tomorrow. I havent been this nervous/excited since the very first time I started P90X. I guess I'm just worried that I'm gonna fuck up on these new moves. Going from nailing P90X workouts to starting fresh is pretty daunting

3 weeks to the day after I started my recovery week and it's finally finished
3AQmK.gif
Can't wait for Thursday to smash the third fitness test and move onto month 2 :)

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Start of week 3, and I still hate the Total Body Circuit, mostly because I can't seem to nail the oblique push ups or plank walks, and have issues keeping up with the 180 squat burpee rate everyone else is pushing out.

At least I'll wake up feeling the good sore tomorrow morning.

Oblique push ups are the hardest move in the routine.

As to the 180 squat burpees, strive for perfect form at your own pace & don't worry about the pace in the video. This is a very complex move and form trumps speed.

It's nice to finally keep up and even out pace people in month 2 of insanity this go around. However, it comes at a cost of high fatigue the next day.

I personally find max recovery to be the hardest to have perfect form throughout. Those slow push-ups...

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Thats fine

But yea I start X2 Core tomorrow. I havent been this nervous/excited since the very first time I started P90X. I guess I'm just worried that I'm gonna fuck up on these new moves. Going from nailing P90X workouts to starting fresh is pretty daunting

Good luck man! P90x2 is freaking awesome.

I'd recommend you to see the videos before you do the workouts to get an idea of what kinds of moves you'll be doing. There's a ton of new stuff compared to the og p90x.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Blew away my fit test numbers yesterday, but I have plenty of work remaining to do.

Er. So does consistent nausea during Ski Abs mean I'm doing it right? :/

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Anyone in here travel for work regularly?

Do you guys find it hard to eat well while on the road?
I don't, but if you end up having to eat takeout regularly, go with Chipotle. It's probably the healthiest of the major fast food chains, and it's Tony Horton-endorsed, ha. You have complete control of what you get and how much of it, their site has a nutrition calculator, they use good ingredients, etc.

When I've been on the road, I would always just snack regularly, which is more or less what I do daily anyway. Nuts, protein bars, etc. to avoid getting hungry at inopportune times.

Chris R

Oblique push ups are the hardest move in the routine.

As to the 180 squat burpees, strive for perfect form at your own pace & don't worry about the pace in the video. This is a very complex move and form trumps speed.

I just need to work on my plank/pushup form. It's garbage, and my poor upper body strength isn't helping.

Plyometrics X really is my favourite workout, not fond of Kenpo X though and it seems like it'll never leave my weekly rotation.

Try Kenpo Cardio plus from P90X. I substituted it in and never looked back.

I want to keep improving my overall general strength and fitness. Would the pros recommend P90X2 or T25 at this point?

My wife just started T25 today and she said that after completing Insanity (last summer) she thinks T25 is more "boring"...

Now on to me. I am a delivery driver, and as such I have HORRENDOUS eating habits. Right now Im 167lbs, 5' 11" and even though I look kinda fit, I am rocking a belly that wasnt there before (all those Cokes and pizza lunches sure do add up!). So, I want to do T25 to lose that belly, and I know that I have to eliminate completely the soda intake. Im planning on having a good breakfast, do the T25, have a power bar for lunch and then have a complete dinner at night (I get home around 830PM). Will this help me lose the belly fat? I dont want to lose a lot of weight, but I do want to work on the belly area. Any advice?

SteeloDMZ

Banned
My wife just started T25 today and she said that after completing Insanity (last summer) she thinks T25 is more "boring"...

Now on to me. I am a delivery driver, and as such I have HORRENDOUS eating habits. Right now Im 167lbs, 5' 11" and even though I look kinda fit, I am rocking a belly that wasnt there before (all those Cokes and pizza lunches sure do add up!). So, I want to do T25 to lose that belly, and I know that I have to eliminate completely the soda intake. Im planning on having a good breakfast, do the T25, have a power bar for lunch and then have a complete dinner at night (I get home around 830PM). Will this help me lose the belly fat? I dont want to lose a lot of weight, but I do want to work on the belly area. Any advice?

I wouldn't recommend skipping the lunch and just replacing it with a bar. What I'd do to lose the fat would be focus on eating way more protein (chicken, fish, turkey, egg whites, protein powder, etc) and decrease the amount of fat and specially carbs.

Cake Boss

Banned
ANy tips for the p90 chest workout? I can do all of the other ones fine but this one I always have a problem with it, its mostly those slow ass pushups and the other pushup sets, my forearms is a piece of shit, can barely do them.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
ANy tips for the p90 chest workout? I can do all of the other ones fine but this one I always have a problem with it, its mostly those slow ass pushups and the other pushup sets, my forearms is a piece of shit, can barely do them.

Do push-ups on your knees.

If your hand wrists hurt, you should try to get a pair of those push-up stands.

I wouldn't recommend skipping the lunch and just replacing it with a bar. What I'd do to lose the fat would be focus on eating way more protein (chicken, fish, turkey, egg whites, protein powder, etc) and decrease the amount of fat and specially carbs.

Thanks for the advice. The problem is that the only thing I can actually eliminate is the lunch, or replace it with something that doesnt need to be cooked (Im a delivery driver, and dont have access to a kitchen during midday for obvious reasons). I thought the power bar would be the better option because of this.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Hmmm, if you can't carry small food containers with you, then the bar should be ok. I recommend a quest bar, which tastes great and also has good nutrients.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.

Alpha: Cardio is the easiest workout. My advice to her would be to skip to week 4, doing the last two weeks of Alpha (the two hardest weeks since you're doing the most challenging workouts more often) to learn the moves & flow, and then go right into Beta.

She should also try to go as low into the squats and lunges as possible -- perfect form at all times with full range of motion.

Mastadon

Banned
Man the Total Body Circuit is an absolute killer. Quite happy that I managed to do most of it without modifying though. Hopefully Ab Intervals tomorrow will be some welcome respite.

I don't, but if you end up having to eat takeout regularly, go with Chipotle. It's probably the healthiest of the major fast food chains, and it's Tony Horton-endorsed, ha. You have complete control of what you get and how much of it, their site has a nutrition calculator, they use good ingredients, etc.

When I've been on the road, I would always just snack regularly, which is more or less what I do daily anyway. Nuts, protein bars, etc. to avoid getting hungry at inopportune times.

Nearest Chipotle in Houston is about 10 miles, too far.

I guess a veggie sub at subway would be okay.

FOOTE

Try Kenpo Cardio plus from P90X. I substituted it in and never looked back.

I want to keep improving my overall general strength and fitness. Would the pros recommend P90X2 or T25 at this point?
I recommend them both but if I were to pick just one it would be X2. Its amazing.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
4th day of following Fat Shredder as humanly close as possible. Oh god I'm so hungry. And I kinda hate chicken now :p

Gonna stick to it though. It's all on the mind!

Can I do P90X2 with just dumbbells/a pull-up bar? Or do you pretty much need the extra equipment?

Would like to get back into a routine but really tired of P90X now.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Can I do P90X2 with just dumbbells/a pull-up bar? Or do you pretty much need the extra equipment?

Would like to get back into a routine but really tired of P90X now.

Yeah you can but I STRONGLY suggest to get the stability ball and a foam roller. The stability ball is just a fantastic piece of equipment for core and resistance moves, and the foam roller will help you immensely for recovery.

Yeah you can but I STRONGLY suggest to get the stability ball and a foam roller. The stability ball is just a fantastic piece of equipment for core and resistance moves, and the foam roller will help you immensely for recovery.

Are the little balls needed/recommended? ...

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Are the little balls needed/recommended? ...

I don't think so, at least not at first. The medicine balls are pretty expensive (in some moves you need 4) and they make a workout that's, let's say, 10/10 in terms of difficulty turn into 15/10. I'd use them after having completed a round of X2.

gotoadgo

Skipping t25 stretch day...am I a terrible person? Finished week 1 though. Hope to see some results as I progress.
Why are you skipping it? Do you actually have something on or is it just because? If it's just because I'd encourage you to do it especially as it's only 25 minutes. It's a slippery slope once you start skipping days.

Korosenai

Why are you skipping it? Do you actually have something on or is it just because? If it's just because I'd encourage you to do it especially as it's only 25 minutes. It's a slippery slope once you start skipping days.
Yea this. And stretching workouts are awesome for your body.

walei

LOL so I completed my second Total Body Workout for T25's Alpha week 5 last night and it killed me. It didn't help that the weather was 32C (90F) and I only had a fan blowing in my general direction. I was so drenched in sweat after the workout in the cool-down stretch I couldn't even do the interlocking fingers because they kept on slipping off of one other...and I just decided to go and sit under the cold shower.

Tonight I guess will be relatively easier with Cardio but I'm already scared of tomorrow's Total Body Workout + Lower Body Focus...

solxe

Neo Member
Hey guys, new to the forums and on day 4 with insanity.

26years old, just slightly overweight and never been fit really, also I smoke so this is really kicking my butt. But I can already feel a burst of energy slowly building and my lungs improving.

I've cut out carbs and sugar out of my diet and my diet consists of lots of meat, mainly chicken, greek yoghurt/eggs for breakfast and lots of greens for lunch and dinner. How bad is it to consume some fruit here and there, like peach, bananas, apples?
Should I get some kind of proteindrink? I'm aiming at weightloss first with insanity and the migrate to p90x when I get the gear.

gotoadgo

Hey guys, new to the forums and on day 4 with insanity.

26years old, just slightly overweight and never been fit really, also I smoke so this is really kicking my butt. But I can already feel a burst of energy slowly building and my lungs improving.

I've cut out carbs and sugar out of my diet and my diet consists of lots of meat, mainly chicken, greek yoghurt/eggs for breakfast and lots of greens for lunch and dinner. How bad is it to consume some fruit here and there, like peach, bananas, apples?
Should I get some kind of proteindrink? I'm aiming at weightloss first with insanity and the migrate to p90x when I get the gear.
Nothing wrong with fruit in my opinion, full of good stuff. Just don't go crazy on it like anything. Avoid fruit juice like the plague though, it's as bad as soft drink in terms of sugar content.
Protein shakes are great post workout drinks blended with some fruit and milk(low fat for your goals I guess, I'm tiny so I use full cream) and will help recovery and buil muscle. Also helps if for whatever reason you have a low protein day to supplement some in with minimal fuss.
Good luck with insanity! It's tough at first but if you kick the cigs and stick with it you'll see results really quickly.

Le-mo

Starting the beta phase of T25 this week so I can't wait. Once I'm finished with T25 I'll be starting Body Beast. The wait should give me enough time to get more equipments for Body Beast.

solxe

Neo Member
Nothing wrong with fruit in my opinion, full of good stuff. Just don't go crazy on it like anything. Avoid fruit juice like the plague though, it's as bad as soft drink in terms of sugar content.
Protein shakes are great post workout drinks blended with some fruit and milk(low fat for your goals I guess, I'm tiny so I use full cream) and will help recovery and buil muscle. Also helps if for whatever reason you have a low protein day to supplement some in with minimal fuss.
Good luck with insanity! It's tough at first but if you kick the cigs and stick with it you'll see results really quickly.

Alright, yea haven't touched juice for ages so no problem there. I'll look into protein shakes, you can use water instead of milk right? Want to minimize my lactos intake (lactos intolerant).

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm building the motivation to stop smoking every day, working out is a great motivator :)

Top Bottom