• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Before David Lynch's 'Dune", there was Alejandro Jodorowsky's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I saw that 'Ultimate Collection' listed for something like 130 pounds. And then this for just over 20: link. But with the same amount of pages, so I went with that :p. Can't wait.

I ordered that a couple of days ago after watching this doc, however my estimated delivery date is April :(. I guess it's in demand again for obvious reasons.

Flipyap

I'm not convinced it would have been a disaster. Jodorowsky did legitimately good work in the 70's as a director.

Edit: talking about back then. Nowadays, yeah, not sure how well it would turn out.
It probably could achieve some of its goals in being a stylish all-day endurance run of a movie (though maybe not the part where he was trying to change the world by creating a celluloid messiah), but it would still be a movie made by a crazy man who fell so deeply in love with his own idea of what Dune should have been from the start, to the point where he wouldn't even acknowledge what the book was about.
I don't think there's much to be gained by turning Dune into an even more extreme hero-worship tale than the adaptations we already have. There's just so little of value in that.

Fjordson

It probably could achieve some of its goals in being a stylish all-day endurance run of a movie (though maybe not the part where he was trying to change the world by creating a celluloid messiah), but it would still be a movie made by a crazy man who fell so deeply in love with his own idea of what Dune should have been from the start, to the point where he wouldn't even acknowledge what the book was about.
I don't think there's much to be gained by turning Dune into an even more extreme hero-worship tale than the adaptations we already have. There's just so little of value in that.
*shrug* just think it could have turned out really good. Jodorowsky was a talented director in his prime, would have been neat to see his talent backed by a proper budget and a top notch cast & crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom