• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Carson: I Was Stuck Endorsing Trump, But He Promised Me A Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Carson: I Was Stuck Endorsing Trump, But He Promised Me A Position

“I didn’t see a path for [John] Kasich, who I like, or for [Marco] Rubio, who I like. As far as [Ted] Cruz is concerned, I don’t think he’s gonna be able to draw independents and Democrats unless has has some kind of miraculous change… Is there another scenario that I would have preferred? Yes. But that scenario isn’t available.” Pressed to clarify, Carson said he meant he’d prefer to have backed one of the other candidates.

Carson then said that Trump had promised him a role in his administration, “certainly in an advisory capacity.” Asked by NewsMax’s Steve Malzberg whether this meant a cabinet position, Carson declined to “reveal any details about it right now, because all of this is still very liquid.”

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising “the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.” The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail — two years if the violation was willful.

What a ringing endorsement.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Villain.png

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Sellout confirmed, but it wasn't like he ran to do anything but sell his books anyways.

These bribed hands

Carson then said that Trump had promised him a role in his administration, “certainly in an advisory capacity.” Asked by NewsMax’s Steve Malzberg whether this meant a cabinet position, Carson declined to “reveal any details about it right now, because all of this is still very liquid.”

Federal law expressly prohibits candidates from directly or indirectly promising “the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy.” The penalty for violations could include fines or a year in jail — two years if the violation was willful.

Carson about to sabotage Trump. The GOP may have found their man to stop Trump.

Of course he was promised a position. Maybe the Health Department, given his background?

Christie's probably in line for U.S. Attorney General if Drumpf can somehow pull off an unlikely victory in the general election.

So attempted matricide and potentially breaking campaign law. Dr. Carson has really been padding out that résumé since retiring has he?

massoluk

Banned
Whoever, being a candidate, directly or indirectly promises or pledges the appointment, or the use of his influence or support for the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/599

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Trump or Carson didn't know this.

Did Carson just admit to committing a felony? Did Carson just admit to Donald Trump committing a felony? Will anything come from this? I mean come on man.

I know nothing will come of this...but goddamn if this wouldn't be the best way to end Trump. Carson incoherently mumbling out something incriminating.

So attempted matricide and potentially breaking campaign law. Dr. Carson has really been padding out that résumé since retiring has he?

yeah what the hell? Where are the Feds? Maybe they're just dumbfounded with the open admission and cluelessness of Ben Carson that it just feels like some mundane thing and totally not a crime.

Valhelm

contribute something
If Reince and his goons don't run with this with all their firepower, they're even more inept than the seem.

BiggNife

Was watching Trump's rally yesterday and Christie sure sounded like he was promised something too.

I don't think Christie would be dealing with any of Trump's shit unless he was offered VP. It's the only thing that makes sense. All of a sudden this dude who is known for flying off the handle is acting like an obedient dog with a shitty owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom