• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Carson: I Was Stuck Endorsing Trump, But He Promised Me A Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Honestly listening to it. I don't see the cause for uproar, he didn't really confirm it'd be a cabinet position just that he'd be involved somehow. And I detest them both.

RPGCrazied

And there it is, just like Christie, was promised some part in his administration.

So basically selling out for your own good.

Sianos

So Trump was a Clinton plant meant to cause chaos within the republican party and the republicans entered Carson as a safeguard just in case. Both play the fool for the general public because they're not actually supposed to win but Trump upon realizing he has a chance took the opportunity to secure the other party's nomination for the Clintons and the Republicans countered with their own trump card

Political chess has been taken to the next level

hahahaha

it would be beautiful if the gop latched onto to this and tried to make it into something - they're masters of misinterpretation and selectively (or so they claim) obfuscating (or so they claim) stupidity, this is right up their alley as a prime target

i doubt anything will come of it either way, but it's the thought that counts

This might actually be illegal. Yeah, this kind of quid pro quo happens all the time, but the thing is, the standard of evidence makes it basically impossible to prove unless someone just comes out and says it.

Like, for instance, Ben Carson just did.

I can all but guarantee it was for US Attorney General.

Surgeon general's more likely imo.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That's fucking hilarious.

That's like going to a job interview and going "Well, this company isn't my first choice. I don't really want to work here. I liked your competitors more. It's just that I know a guy who works here and he told me that he would get me a nice place here. But it's not all set in stone yet so I probably shouldn't be talking about it that much."

If this is true, then Carson can't even sell out properly. To be honest, nothing is going to stop the people that plan to vote trump.

Here's a scary thought:

Who would be Trump's Secretary of State?

You know - the person who would ultimately go to Mexico to deliver the bill for the huge wall they are supposedly going to pay for?

lol

You would need someone with huge balls to represent President Trump to foreign leaders and ambassadors.

Watch him pick someone like Linda McMahon. She actually has some political experience, in addition to WWE show appearances. She can bring Roman Reigns with her, assuming he isn't hurt at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom