• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout (Stacks with GCU)

Kaibutsu

I think anyone that thinks they qualified for the promo with a ~$95 purchase might want to re-check their order confirmation. Otherwise I could see a lot of unhappy buyers thinking they got the promo when they didn't.

Wow, that's totally weird. I double checked all my orders just to be sure and I didn't have that problem, like my Yakuza 0 & Nier Automata preorder came out to:
$95.98 with GC discount before tax ($47.99 x2)
My order status shows the order total being $77.02 with tax ($38.51 x2) after the $24 discount
and each game when you take the tax out comes to $35.99

I wonder if the offer was glitched for some people and not others, strange

Wow, that's totally weird. I double checked all my orders just to be sure and I didn't have that problem, like my Yakuza 0 & Nier Automata preorder came out to:
My order status shows the order total being $77.02 with tax ($38.51 x2) after the $24 discount

I wonder if it was maybe a glitch that they corrected some time during the day today? Otherwise I'm not sure.

I've been checking my orders, and I'm getting the same as you. $35.99 per game before tax.

Wow good call whoever mentioned the Galaxy Tab A 7" tablets. Been looking for a decent tablet for the kids. Got the exclusive silver one + some earbuds to go over $100 and got those for about $80 shipped.

Kawika

So how does this work with a Visa Debit card. I assumed they would charge my account as it shipped but then I got a bunch of charges hitting my bank. So does this go back to my account or I am basically prepaying $400+ worth of games? No Visa CC here. Just 2 MC & 1 Amex.

So how does this work with a Visa Debit card. I assumed they would charge my account as it shipped but then I got a bunch of charges hitting my bank. So does this go back to my account or I am basically prepaying $400+ worth of games? No Visa CC here. Just 2 MC & 1 Amex.

From what I understand, Best Buy does a hold on your account for 5-6 days after making your order, and then removes the hold. They then put a hold again 5-6 days before the game comes out, and you're finally charged once it ships.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I think anyone that thinks they qualified for the promo with a ~$95 purchase might want to re-check their order confirmation. Otherwise I could see a lot of unhappy buyers thinking they got the promo when they didn't.

Original subtotal was $95.98, pending charge on my Credit Card is $77.02

Everything looks like it should on my end.

I just tried another order and once again saw the Visa discount drop out after I clicked order, charging the full amount.

Glad I got a working one in this morning.

Same, I put in several $~95 orders last time and they're still showing up at ~$78 after tax. Some of those have since shipped. I was charged the discounted price.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Someone figure out how to make it work on eshop cards. :(

They're 15% off at the moment. If you have a BB credit card, you can opt for the 5% rewards back on top. So, thats about 19.25% off. No minimum/limit on purchase either.

That's not too shabby.

ar4757

Best Buy is da bomb

Just got 2 years of GCU for $25 (better than 2 years @ $30!) thanks to a recent promo which due to confusion then gave everyone another 2 years for free

I had preorders from August with $10 off $100, canceled all of the remaining items that still haven't come out for this one. Sweet - also, time to preorder Nier, assuming and hoping I enjoy the demo!

Mr. Hyde

I've noticed a second pending charge on my card as of two days ago. It's the same amount as the one from the 12th which is still pending. Is anyone having this issue?

Top Bottom