• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout (Stacks with GCU)

Ashtar

Okay so far I got
Mass Effect + Yakuza 0
God of War + Horizon
Nioh + Persona 5
Guess I'll get
For honor and Ghost Recon
RDR2 and ???

Dio

Banned
I did the 2 game preorder thing last time this came around, so it's great it came back.

Now I preordered Nioh and Persona 5 - last time it was Yakuza 0 and Nier Automata.

Huge savings - that's a total of 178 dollars spent for 4 brand new games and GCU for 2 years so I keep getting the 20% off.

Total, that would have been 270 dollars off the bat.

had the same issue so I gave up. It is probably possible if you order adds up to 110 or higher so the rewards certificates applied don't bring the total to below the required amount for the visa offer.

Oh that's probably it. Okay good to know as I'm going to make another order here :) thank you!

sense

Okay so far I got
Mass Effect + Yakuza 0
God of War + Horizon
Nioh + Persona 5
Guess I'll get
RDR2 and ???
Spider-man, days gone or Detroit. I even ordered death stranding and ff7r knowing full well they 2018 or 2019 lol

Spider-man, days gone or Detroit. I even ordered death stranding and ff7r knowing full well they 2018 or 2019 lol

Nice. I held off on games that don't have a firm release date only because for game like God of War 4, Days Gone, Spider-Man etc I would probably want the limited editions or editons that bring steelbooks which I'm a sucker for.

Picked up Persona 5 steelbook edition and GhostRecon Wildlands Gold Edition in one order and Resident Evil 7 and Horizon Zero Dawn Collector's Edition in another. Pleased because they are games I was going to get day one regardless so I saved some coins.

daemissary

So glad this is back because I missed it the first time. Got Mass Effect Andromeda + RE7 on one order and Persona 5 + Red Dead 2 on another.

Are there any other sweet Visa Checkout deals? I saw the Starbucks $20 gift card for $10 but I don't really go there.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Bummer, it keeps giving me an error when I put in my credit card info: "Sorry, we're unable to process your request at this time. Please verify that your information is correct and try again."

Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

I picked out two Wii U games and three amiibo and it came out to exactly $100 and some change.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Bummer, it keeps giving me an error when I put in my credit card info: "Sorry, we're unable to process your request at this time. Please verify that your information is correct and try again."

Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

I picked out two Wii U games and three amiibo and it came out to exactly $100 and some change.

I was able to add my card on the Visa Checkout site and now it's letting me use it on BestBuy.com...now to push myself to fucking do it.

So with this promo, cancelling my Persona 4 Collector's Edition, and repreordering with the promo allows me to get 30 dollars of psn cards for only 6 dollars!

Works for me. :)

dhlt25

I already got all the pre-order I wanted last time this came but went back and grab last guardian, mario maker and kirby robobot for $84 today. Not bad at all

Kaibutsu

Welp, didn't expect that to happen... So my preorders consist of:

Fianl Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age
Danganronpa 1&2 Reload
Gravity Rush 2
Yakuza 0
Nier Automata
2 copies of Berserk & the Band of the Hawk
Resident Evil 7
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chp Limited Edition
Dragon Quest VIII
Horizon Zero Dawn
Nioh
Persona 5 Take Your Heart Edition
Xcom 2 for the PS4 since it's on sale this week

Holy shit, i'm surprised my credit card company hasn't called me because of the temp charges

Oxn

No to ask the question what is VCO (i know what it does, but what is it really?) and how Visa make money off this service.

mohuerta

Don't forget if you want some 4k movies they also have Buy2 save $10 or Buy3 save $20 deal going.
Got 2 orders in.
Horizon Zero Dawn,
The Mechanic 4k,
Divergent: Insurgent 4k,
Divergent: Allegiant 4k
Total = $86

God Of War,
Siucide Squad 4k,
Hunger Games 4k,
Hunger Games Catching Fire 4k,
Hunger Games MockingJay p1 4k,
Hunger Games MockinJay p2 4k
Total = $87 after $35 reward certificate.

The Hunger Games movies come out $11 cheaper if you buy the 4 individuals as opposed to the 4 pack.

Probably going to preorder some games with this. Random question if anyone happens to know. Is the Super Deluxe Edition of Mass Effect Andromeda digital only or does there happen to be a physical version available as well? I can't seem to find the latter on the Best Buy site.

Kaibutsu

Probably going to preorder some games with this. Random question if anyone happens to know. Is the Super Deluxe Edition of Mass Effect Andromeda digital only or does there happen to be a physical version available as well? I can't seem to find the latter on the Best Buy site.

The Deluxe edition that costs $10 more? There is a physical version of it or is there another version you are thinking of?

edit:
There's a Super Deluxe as well that goes for $99.99. I was leaning toward that but I can't seem to find a physical version anywhere. The digital version is listed here.

lol, it really is called the "Super Deluxe Edition". I thought you just couldn't remember the name of it. Way to go EA..

Ashtar

Don't forget if you want some 4k movies they also have Buy2 save $10 or Buy3 save $20 deal going.
Got 2 orders in.
Horizon Zero Dawn,
The Mechanic 4k,
Divergent: Insurgent 4k,
Divergent: Allegiant 4k
Total = $86

God Of War,
Siucide Squad 4k,
Hunger Games 4k,
Hunger Games Catching Fire 4k,
Hunger Games MockingJay p1 4k,
Hunger Games MockinJay p2 4k
Total = $87 after $35 reward certificate.

The Hunger Games movies come out $11 cheaper if you buy the 4 individuals as opposed to the 4 pack.
God bless you for being able to bear those divergent movies

Kaibutsu

Well what if you preorder 2 different games that ship on different dates? If the 1st one ships out, and then you cancel the 2nd?

Be careful with this, last year I ordered some stuff in a similar promotion where one of the items shipped and the other was a preorder. I went and canceled the preorder cause I found it cheaper somewhere else and Best Buy charged me the difference from the coupon discount. I didn't think they could do that but I was wrong hah

Oxn

Be careful with this, last year I ordered some stuff in a similar promotion where one of the items shipped and the other was a preorder. I went and canceled the preorder cause I found it cheaper somewhere else and Best Buy charged me the difference from the coupon discount. I didn't think they could do that but I was wrong hah

Thats messed up. Wasnt planning on doing it, just covering my bases.

What if Horizon turns out to suck?

zulux21

the game comes out to about $36.

you can easily sell it for $40 at launch to someone else to get that back.

or if you can trade if you want, most trade ins are around that price the first week.

Well that seems shady. The discount disappeared for me after I clicked on Check Out. That sounds a tad illegal because you agreed to the amount and they charged you something higher.

Meier

Just ordered some Beats bluetooth headphones (on sale for $100 instead of $200) and some Amiibo AC cards for $86 after the discount. Good stuff!

Thats messed up. Wasnt planning on doing it, just covering my bases.

If you're no longer compliant with the terms of the deal, it only makes sense you're no longer eligible to receive it.

Discount shows up on final page but once you hit place order it gets removed and the full amount is charged. Neat.

Same problem. Prorated discount disappeared. :mad:
And one of my items was digital, already delivered, so I can't cancel that

Glad it's not just me... I wish I knew what the hell the problem was.

I tried four different orders with different browsers/devices/etc... and they all resulted in the same thing. It shows the discount until the second you hit "Purchase", then you see the discount removed for the split second before it loads your confirmation page and see that you've been charged in full. What a load of shit.

watdaeff4

Okay so far I got
Mass Effect + Yakuza 0
God of War + Horizon
Nioh + Persona 5
Guess I'll get
RDR2 and ???

Nier Automata?

Spiderman?

Any of the upcoming FF or KH remasters/remakes?

Tales of Bersia?

If you also have an Xbox - Scalebound or State of Decay 2

Great deal. Already had Gravity Rush 2 and Persona 5: TYHE pre-ordered at Best Buy. Canceled, re-ordered, and now I'm getting both for under $100.

Ralemont

not me
Mass Effect: Andromeda Deluxe
Tales of Berseria
Horizon

$107 with the Checkout and 20 in gift certs. GCU still doin' work.

I tried four different orders with different browsers/devices/etc... and they all resulted in the same thing. It shows the discount until the second you hit "Purchase", then you see the discount removed for the split second before it loads your confirmation page and see that you've been charged in full. What a load of shit.

Make sure your order is over $100 pre tax. Use a filler item like batteries. Place the order then immediately cancel the filler item.

Welp, I'm good for 2017 (and probably part of 2018 and 2019):

Mass Effect Andromeda
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spiderman
Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Gran Turismo Sport
For Honor
Sea of Thieves
Agents of Mayhem
Days Gone
Death Stranding
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Make sure your order is over $100 pre tax. Use a filler item like batteries. Place the order then immediately cancel the filler item.
Actually I thought that was the case but it's not, maybe they corrected it but you can put 2 normal priced games with gcu enabled and it'll only take $24 off and the total will be around $78. No need to order a filler item.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Want to buy a 2DS and Pokémon Moon for my sister's Christmas present but they're out of stock :(

I was gonna ask if they had any for in-store pickup but I checked the website, and nope, no 2DS systems at any of the four local Best Buys....or 3DSXLs for the matter.

No 3DS systems of any size or color at any of the Best Buys. What is up with Nintendo's inventory control?

Actually I thought that was the case but it's not, maybe they corrected it but you can put 2 normal priced games with gcu enabled and it'll only take $24 off and the total will be around $78. No need to order a filler item.

Didn't work for me last time. It would do what people are complaining about and remove the discount at the last second or not apply it at all. I had to do the filler.

Didn't work for me last time. It would do what people are complaining about and remove the discount at the last second or not apply it at all. I had to do the filler.

A good way to do the "filler" is by buying the $70 MSRP deluxe/limited version of the game and pairing it with a regular $60 MSRP game. This works for Mass Effect, Ghost Recon, For Honor, Gran Turismo Sport, etc.

Okay, so I finally found that the issue is that purchases under $100 DO NOT WORK FOR THIS PROMO. At least that was the case for me. The promo credit shows up, the total is $74.xx, but as soon as you click "Purchase", that total changes and you're charged the full amount.

Purchasing something small and cancelling the order immediately after purchase did not work either. Once I cancelled the small item the promo was immediately removed.

The promo ONLY WORKS for me when I actually check out with a $100+ purchase pre-tax.

I think anyone that thinks they qualified for the promo with a ~$95 purchase might want to re-check their order confirmation. Otherwise I could see a lot of unhappy buyers thinking they got the promo when they didn't.

Ended up getting Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect Andromeda for $75, and then threw in Die Hard on blu-ray for another $9 to qualify for the promo. I can't believe I didn't already own Die Hard.

Top Bottom