• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout (Stacks with GCU)

sense

Not working for me. Pre-ordered Horizon Zero Dawn CE and RE7 and the visa promotion is not showing up. Amy idea why? Also I have a visa checkout account btw.

make sure you are logged in, go to cart and click on visa checkout at the bottom and go through the visa checkout screen and select payment. it will only show up at the final screen before submitting order

So I realized I had two games pre-ordered at Best Buy(Yakuza 0 and the Sonic Mania CE) separately and they could easily reach the $100 minimum combine since this promotion covers pre-orders. Went from $111 on separately to $84.50 with the promotion.

Basically I get Yakuza 0 for about $40 and the Mania CE for $45...not bad.

Thanks for the letting people about the promotion again guys.

bumpkin

I have GCU, what do I do to make it pop up on the website?
I think there is a "Visa Checkout" button you can click while going through the buying process. At least that's my educated guess. I haven't tried to use the promo yet.

BHK3

Banned
I think there is a "Visa Checkout" button you can click while going through the buying process. At least that's my educated guess. I haven't tried to use the promo yet.

you need to sign up for visa checkout and add any credit card to use for purchases and then go through the visa checkout process from best buy

I have GCU, where is my GCU discount is what I meant

make sure you are logged in, go to cart and click on visa checkout at the bottom and go through the visa checkout screen and select payment. it will only show up at the final screen before submitting order

This worked perfectly. I had a visa checkout login appear before the final checkout and it worked perfectly. Thank you, RE7 and Horizon CE for $129.54.

Deku Tree

I think that I'm gonna skip this one. I want to buy Nioh digital even if it costs more for the extra pre-order junk, even though I know it's really junk.

My backlog is huge anyway. I should probably just work on that and then buy some 2017 games when they are dirt cheap.

bumpkin

I have GCU, where is my GCU discount is what I meant
When I'm shopping (I have GCU also), I usually see the prices in games get "slashed" and a discounted price shown underneath. I've never had to do anything special to trigger it other than log in to my My Best Buy account.

I hope this runs through Thursday. I was planning to get my wife a lens for her Nikon DSLR for Christmas. $25 off is better than nothing!

...I wonder, is it a one-per-customer thing or could I make multiple, separate $100+ purchases and get $25 off each time?

Shoot, I can't add my card to visa checkout and I HAVE a visa card. no idea why neither my credit or debit won't go through, I just keep getting an error about the information not matching what they have on record. Very frustrating!

kirblar

Shoot, I can't add my card to visa checkout and I HAVE a visa card. no idea why neither my credit or debit won't go through, I just keep getting an error about the information not matching what they have on record. Very frustrating!
Check your card address n phone w your issuer

m@cross

My GCU expired so I used it to get over $100

GCU + Persona 5 + Kingdom Hearts 2.8 = $86 (had two $10 reward certs to use)

I just made another order. GhostRecon Wildlands (Gold Edition) and Persona 5 Steelbook edition for $112.12. This is like taking candy from a baby.

JudgeN

Holy shit this is an insane deal with GCU, it cost 77.02 for 2 games.

Edit: Shit, i went ham ordered like 10 games: If only Nintendo Switch games where up, id get days gone and Zelda.

FF7R / Mass effect Armanda
Nier / Horizon zero daw
RDR2 / God of War
RE7 / Nioh
FF12 Zodiac age/ Gravity Rush 2

sense

the best part is if some of these games qualify for the extra 10$ rewards certificates then we get that as well!

what games get the 10$ reward?

none at the moment but they usually get added closer to their release dates. Sony and Nintendo first party titles usually don't get it but anything else has a good chance.

Edit: Shit, i went ham ordered like 10 games: If only Nintendo Switch games where up, id get days gone and Zelda.

FF7R / Mass effect Andromeda
Nier / Horizon zero daw
RDR2 / God of War
RE7 / Nioh
FF12 Zodiac age/ Gravity Rush 2

That "Armanda" was bothering me.

:p

sense

Anyone have any idea if this works in person? Amazon has the Xbox One Elite Controller for $112. Can I have them (BestBuy) price match then also get the $25 visa checkout discount?

i dont think so.

you can try buying through newegg though. 129.99 plus another 20$ off for visa checkout using code VCOGREEN16 which shows up on the homepage. of course it isn't much of a savings from amazon unless you can get it through newegg without tax :) amazon charges tax for my area but newegg doesn't

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=elite_controller-_-74-103-521-_-Product

I don't know if this was mentioned but if you cancel part of an order, you can still keep half the promo on the other half of an order

Oxn

No, the promo gets cancelled as well

When it is out but they do check if you have the credit to cover the order initially but you won't get charged until it ships

Well what if you preorder 2 different games that ship on different dates? If the 1st one ships out, and then you cancel the 2nd?

All you guys talking about canceling part of your order and still getting the deal are the reason why we can't have nice things. C'mon guys.

sense

Well what if you preorder 2 different games that ship on different dates? If the 1st one ships out, and then you cancel the 2nd?
You can try it but it does say on the cancellation page that any promotion applied will be cancelled as well. The only reason I know for sure is I had an order for 3 games from the previous time this offer was live and I cancelled one item and the entire discount went away. I have not tested how it works if part of an order ships though

Really strange. I see people mentioning that they were also able to use reward certificates with this deal. Whenever I added certificates to my order, the Visa discount disappeared and then as soon as I removed the certificates it reappeared automatically. Is it because I have the GCU discount also being applied and it just doesn't allow all 3 discounts?

Otheradam

Maybe if Best Buy ever reissues me the rewards I used on an item I returned TWO WEEKS AGO I could take advantage of this.

Rewards certs cancel out the visa promo, at least for me. Plus if you bought stuff from black friday on, you won't get points til the end of Jan because of the extended return period.

Kusagari

Really strange. I see people mentioning that they were also able to use reward certificates with this deal. Whenever I added certificates to my order, the Visa discount disappeared and then as soon as I removed the certificates it reappeared automatically. Is it because I have the GCU discount also being applied and it just doesn't allow all 3 discounts?

It's because you need a 95 minimum and the rewards certificate takes it under that. If you buy something more expensive than two $60 games after GCU it should work.

sense

had the same issue so I gave up. It is probably possible if you order adds up to 110 or higher so the rewards certificates applied don't bring the total to below the required amount for the visa offer.

Rewards certs cancel out the visa promo, at least for me. Plus if you bought stuff from black friday on, you won't get points til the end of Jan because of the extended return period.

Damn, I shouldn't have used them on an item I already knew I was going to return (I bought FFXV from BB because Amazon didn't get my copy to me in time, so I returned the Amazon one to BB). Oh well, there's really nothing I want coming out soon anyway.

ended up doing the b1g1 40% off wii u and then got some used games for the b2g1 free.

scored pokken, nsmbU+luigi, xenoblade X, tokyo mirage sessions, and hyrule warriors for $138. less than $30 a game. hopefully the used games come with cases :O

thank god i saw this thread this morning!

in for two orders:

God of War 4 pre-order + Days Gone pre-order + Donkey Kong 3DS

Horizon: Zero Dawn + Kingdom Hearts 2.8 + Music CD

the cost of the pre-ordered titles alone are ~40 a piece after the deal + GCU.

now THIS is a freaking deal. new release titles for this cheap is pretty good.

Top Bottom