• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy $25 off $100 with Visa Checkout (Stacks with GCU)

from wario64 - Best Buy's DOTD adds a few more games, combine a few with some pre orders to hit near or above $100 and get that $25 discount

Dragon Quest Builders PS4 $39.99 / $31.99 GCU
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dragon-quest-builders-playstation-4/5375300.p?skuId=5375300

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness PS4 $24.99 / 19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-oc...essness-playstation-4/4235200.p?skuId=4235200

Worlds of Final Fantasy $39.99 / $31.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/world-of-final-fantasy-playstation-4/4221300.p?skuId=4221300

also code name steam for 3ds ($10), Tokyo Mirage for Wii U ($49.99), and 7th Dragon 3 3DS ($24.99)

Jamaro85

I paid for most of it with a gift card will the gift card balance return to my account if I cancel it? I only just joined GCU and 1st time buying from Best Buy online so i'm not sure how it works.

From their Web site:

If you cancel an order that was paid for with a gift card, the purchase amount will be credited to your gift card within 30 minutes of the cancellation. If you no longer have the gift card, call us to request a new one.

If you still have that card it should be simple. If you don't, it still seems like it will be easy to take care of by giving them a call.

From their Web site:

If you cancel an order that was paid for with a gift card, the purchase amount will be credited to your gift card within 30 minutes of the cancellation. If you no longer have the gift card, call us to request a new one.

If you still have that card it should be simple. If you don't, it still seems like it will be easy to take care of by giving them a call.

Thanks I used an egift card by I'll try it.

huh, doesn't work for me anymore. I tried ordering in-stock games and no $25 discount now.

you have to click on visa checkout in the cart page, not best buy checkout. Digital items (season passes, psn/xbox/steam credit, digital games, etc) don't count towards $100. You have to be at least $95 I think for the pro rating to kick in - ie $96 will get you $24 off, but if you go below $90 ($95?) you won't get any discount.

edit: just tried myself, your right it looks like its fixed. weird, i placed an order 30 mins ago and it worked fine so they must be tinkering.

LiK

you have to click on visa checkout, not best buy checkout. Digital items (season passes, psn/xbox/steam credit, digital games, etc) don't count.

i did! and i ordered physical games and total was $118. it doesn't work anymore.

Got two orders in, not working for me anymore either. Fixed I assume?

same, got 4 orders in. wanted to get Watch Dogs 2 and DQVII. but i was taking some time looking for a 3rd game it was fixed. shiet.

oh well, guess i'll wait for a legit sale for those games now.

Baliis

Damn, was debating between getting Paper Mario Color Splash or Doom+ Dishonored 2, had everything in my cart and all but yea not getting a discount now. Oh well I got in some preordered already for stuff down the line so hopefully they stay.

Jamaro85

Yeah just confirmed this with an order of currently in-stock items, then another with only pre-ordered items. Looks like the deal is dead (perhaps enforced rather, if it's now only allowing it for those who have not used it yet). Hopefully they honor all orders that have already been placed.

jrcbandit

Damnit, I resubscribed to GCU with my first order so I have to wait for my account to get activated again. Now that this promotion is done, guess I wont be pre-ordering any additional games for now ;p.

I wouldn't be surprised if cancellations occur or "price adjustments" for orders that aren't yet fulfilled after the holidays.

unlikely, visa is actually paying for this promo and they have run it multiple times in the past and they run it through many retailers as well - staples, fandango, etc. For all them though there is the fine print that the deal runs until the number of offers runs out, and thats probably what happened here - after 100,000 (or whatever) uses of this $20/100 discount, the offer is turned off.

They did a $10/100 promo over the summer and same thing, people put in a ton of orders and none got cancelled or anything like that.

Unfortunately Best Buy's IT systems aren't the most robust so it develops issues when an order in the far future is using a credit card thats expired, wrong address, etc. They give you 1 (automated) chance to fix it but it can be very difficult to change the ship address and stuff without losing coupons.

man, is the deal really over? was going to cancel my persona 5 collectors edition and reorder it...

or can you just not do mulitple orders with the deal anymore?

Jeremy

can't believe I missed this. I built different carts and was working on figuring out how to go about having the extra $$$ apply efficiently. Now I have nothing.

bigkrev

Jesus, I must have gotten my order of Persona and Yakuza in at the last possible second. E-mail says the order was made at 1:40, and it's posted as dead here at 1:50.

dhlt25

Got all the games I want next year pre-ordered: ffxv, ffxii, nioh, Yakuza also moved my pre order for dqviii and persona over. Also a bunch of cheap movies

Does anyone know how Visa Checkout and Best Buy preorders works if your credit card expiration date is going to change before the order ships?

tmac456

i'm stunned people abusing this caused it to go dead before i could place a single order...

have to assume they are fixing the exploit and will put this deal live again

Toki767

i'm stunned people abusing this caused it to go dead before i could place a single order...

It hit Slick Deals within minutes of going live. It was never going to last long.

Koppai

from wario64 - Best Buy's DOTD adds a few more games, combine a few with some pre orders to hit near or above $100 and get that $25 discount

Dragon Quest Builders PS4 $39.99 / $31.99 GCU
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dragon-quest-builders-playstation-4/5375300.p?skuId=5375300

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness PS4 $24.99 / 19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-oc...essness-playstation-4/4235200.p?skuId=4235200

Worlds of Final Fantasy $39.99 / $31.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/world-of-final-fantasy-playstation-4/4221300.p?skuId=4221300

also code name steam for 3ds ($10), Tokyo Mirage for Wii U ($49.99), and 7th Dragon 3 3DS ($24.99)
Thanks dude got 7th Dragon for like 5.50 cuz I had $15 in certificates.

Woot 3 orders of 77.92 :)

I will never understand why people are so salty here, you win some you lose some. I always check GAF, CAG,and Wario64 for deals and they come through all the time. Just check more often and you will land deals.

Does anyone know how Visa Checkout and Best Buy preorders works if your credit card expiration date is going to change before the order ships?
Best Buy I believe will give you an opportunity to update your payment when they go to charge it before it ships.

I'm not sure how the Visa checkout part of it works.

I wouldn't be surprised if cancellations occur or "price adjustments" for orders that aren't yet fulfilled after the holidays.

Absolutely zero chance they adjust prices. People always say that in threads like this, and it never happens. I have to imagine it would be potentially risky for them legally, which is why it never happens.

Doubt they cancel orders, but it's possible.

It hit Slick Deals within minutes of going live. It was never going to last long.

I was amazed it went as long as it did. It was pretty much up all day yesterday.

Best Buy I believe will give you an opportunity to update your payment when they go to charge it before it ships.

Be very careful about this. This isn't always the case. I had the limited edition of fire emblem fates ordered, and had to update my payment method. I assumed they would send the standard email about payment authorisation failed, click here to update payment method. They didn't. They cancelled it. So it may not always happen.

If you call and get a particularly helpful representative, they can change your payment method no problem. But you may also get reps claiming you can't do that. That you have to cancel and place the order again. Don't do that. That's a lie. They absolutely can do that.

Yeah I hope it comes back today so I can get FFXV this week. Was waiting for reviews and it cost me.

I will be watching in the hopes that it does.

FFXV interests me from an almost academic perspective, but given that the story sounds pretty busted, I know my enjoyment of the game is only going to reach a certain level, and hence why I've got a specific price threshold. This is the only way I'll be picking it up this year.

Ya, I see this normally. What I don't have a grasp on is how Visa Checkout plays a roll in all this. Does Best Buy have the credit card info? Does Visa Checkout do the processing for them? If I update my expiration date, is it on Visa Checkout and it'll trickle down? I really don't understand the relationship between Visa Checkout and Best Buy.

Be very careful about this. This isn't always the case. I had the limited edition of fire emblem fates ordered, and had to update my payment method. I assumed they would send the standard email about payment authorisation failed, click here to update payment method. They didn't. They cancelled it. So it may not always happen.

If you call and get a particularly helpful representative, they can change your payment method no problem. But you may also get reps claiming you can't do that. That you have to cancel and place the order again. Don't do that. That's a lie. They absolutely can do that.

Even calling isn't always good. I had a B2G1 where it allowed some preorders. When I called to change the credit card info, it fucked up the B2G1 and I lost the deal there and there was nothing they could do at that point. With that one, it would have been better had I just waited for the update the info notice.

I think my play here is to call my CC and see if I can cancel this upgrade they sprung on me that I didn't even ask for.

Yeah. I was just waiting on the FFXV reviews to see if it was worth picking up alongside Persona 5.

Rule of thumb is lock in a deal and decide later. You can always cancel or return. There's really no reason to not guarantee the price when you are not committed to it.

Absolutely zero chance they adjust prices. People always say that in threads like this, and it never happens. I have to imagine it would be potentially risky for them legally, which is why it never happens.

Doubt they cancel orders, but it's possible.

I was amazed it went as long as it did. It was pretty much up all day yesterday.

Yah. I noticed this deal while skimming slickdeals yesterday. If it's on slickdeals main page that's normally a death sentence for any good deal. It will be gone in no time.

jrDev

Damn, was about to preorder FF15 and Horizon, plus add the PS4 adapter with this but its not working. Nvm then...also I thought GC worked on accessories, I buy amiibos with discount all the time but the PS4 controller is not getting discounted...

The fine print makes no mention of using it only on your first purchase.

Edit - Never mind, I missed it. Says limit one but it's not enforced.

Totakeke

I tried placing an order and I didn't seem to be getting a discount.

Edit: I guess Google Home specifically is excluded.

Did a preorder of the Horizon CE, cant beat $75 for a $120 CE.

With this stacking with Gamers Club Unlocked, it makes it very hard to care about a digital only future.

maks

Tekken 7 & Resident Evil 7 for $78
Nioh and Nier for $78

Pretty good. Hopefully some of these end up on the 2017 $10 certificate promo. Thanks!

Top Bottom