• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best main female character in a game?

Raiden

Banned
Sure there have been a trazillion topics like this before, but for some sicko reason i really fell in love with:

perfect-dark-zero-20051123110155568.jpg

perfect-dark-zero-20051123110201678.jpg

Ps: No Lara Croft's allowed in here.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Kind of a limited topic.

If a game featured The Boss as the main player character, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

914828_20040820_screen006.jpg

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Raiden said:
Sure there have been a trazillion topics like this before, but for some sicko reason i really fell in love with:

I could never really fall for a girl whose fingernails constantly phase in and out of existence.

Raiden

Banned
Goreomedy said:
Kind of a limited topic.

If a game featured The Boss as the main player character, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

914828_20040820_screen006.jpg

Yeah agree, so ehm new rules...they dont have to be the "main" character.

So i nominate Vela from Jet Force Gemini:

Jet_Force_Gemini.jpg

Johnas

Raiden said:
Yeah agree, so ehm new rules...they dont have to be the "main" character.

Well if that's the case, Jessica from DQVIII is quite a snazzy chick, IMO. I really like her voice actress as well, and I typically despise voice acting in any series other than MGS.

puebla

Julie Strain from Heavy Metal is underrated. i thought the game was good.

heavym.jpg

i always thought her character design was ill. hopefully they come out with another game, but this time for a console.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
did people here read the thread title before posting? the boss IS NOT a main character therefore disqualified.

Samus wins this easily

Error2k4 said:
did people here read the thread title before posting? the boss IS NOT a main character therefore disqualified.

Samus wins this easily

He said in another post that non main characters count too. Therefor The Boss qualifies.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
So, BTW...is this a thread about how a character LOOK, or what they are like (ie their personality etc)? Or perhaps about how much people like the games where these characters appear?

Raiden

Banned
Kiriku said:
So, BTW...is this a thread about how a character LOOK, or what they are like (ie their personality etc)? Or perhaps about how much people like the games where these characters appear?

I justed wanted to have sex with Joanna Dark.

Its an all in in one poll though, personality, looks etc..you choose! My first post was on looks, but thats the i wannahavesexwithjoanna thing again :D

kiriku said:

Myself, I'm going by pure AWESOMENESS.

Tarazet

Valkyrie Profile's Lenneth Valkyrie - bad ass, and the actress' delivery is totally convincing even in battles.
The dragon from Drakengard. The raspy voice makes her a very strong character - shame she doesn't have a name.
The main character from Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Name escapes me at the moment.

maria2.jpg

Return of the honest-to-god ninja maid. Saturn release only, obviously.

Pissed off by Dracula when they were fired after Simon kicked their ass in Castlevania, they raised Maria to show them who really runs the castle.

NINJA MAIDS!

M

muphins

Unconfirmed Member
SolidSnakex said:
He said in another post that non main characters count too. Therefor The Boss qualifies.
Not to mention 'main female character' isn't the same thing as 'female main character,' so the Boss could actually fit.

Yeah the chicks from Fear Effect deserve mention too. Fighting for lesbian rights in videogames. I wish they'd put Fear Effect 3 back into production.

And since someone mentioned Vanessa from P.N.03...I still think she has potential as a character as does the P.N.03 universe. The game just had bad execution. She deserves another chance. But then again, Jade from Beyond Good & Evil did get everything right from plot, gameplay, presentation and everything but nobody bought it. It's a very underappreciated game and deserves a sequel.

Top Bottom