• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best main female character in a game?

Pimpbaa

teacupcopter said:
hotness != greatness. If I wanted a hot videogame character I'd dump into this thread the fighter list from the DOA series.

Hotness can add to the greatness. A great female character has to be attractive plus have an interesting personality.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
jade%201.jpg

800_600_01.jpg

That is all.

I neither need not want every female character in the media I consume to give me an erection. In fact, I'd prefer that they be more intellectually provocative, like The Boss is, rather than yet another grossly proportioned lingerie model cobbled together in 3DS Max by fat, sweaty, pale manchildren for consumption by the same.

Red Scarlet

teacupcopter said:
I know it's just joking, but she doesn't have any personality. What is she about? What does she want? Who is she loyal to? What are her goals?

Basically the answer to every question is "I KILL METROIDS". There is nothing to her character, Duke Nukem is a more complicated guy.

I never thought I'd say this, but play Fusion. She goes into that a bit. Who she is loyal to, etc.

Pimpbaa

teacupcopter said:
Refusal to accept that anything but a sex symbol could be a real women? You can't be over 12.

I'm 29. Video games are fantasy. Applying real life sensibilities to a game is boring.

Pimpbaa

Drinky Crow said:
I neither need not want every female character in the media I consume to give me an erection. In fact, I'd prefer that they be more intellectually provocative, like The Boss is, rather than yet another grossly proportioned lingerie model cobbled together in 3DS Max by fat, sweaty, pale manchildren for consumption by the same.

Your hatred must have shrunken your testicles.

Pimpbaa

teacupcopter said:
Not if you care about the art form, but hey! how many copies of DOA XVB do you own?

Haha, artform. I only own 1 copy. It was a great game. Very relaxing. Anybody who thinks a little T&A will ruin the "artform" needs to grow some balls (or stop being jealous of some polygons depending on which sex).

Pimpbaa said:
Haha, artform. I only own 1 copy. It was a great game. Very relaxing. Anybody who thinks a little T&A will ruin the "artform" needs to grow some balls (or stop being jealous of some polygons depending on which sex).

The Boss will give you some of that if you play till the end of the game if that's all you want.

Pimpbaa

SolidSnakex said:
The Boss will give you some of that if you play till the end of the game if that's all you want.

I'll pass. I think I'm just pissed that there has been no really attractive females in MGS. The males are, the rugged good looks of Snake and pretty boy Raiden....not that I'm gay or anything.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Pimpbaa said:
I'll pass. I think I'm just pissed that there has been no really attractive females in MGS. The males are, the rugged good looks of Snake and pretty boy Raiden....not that I'm gay or anything.
whoa wait a minute you don't play a game if it doesn't have a good looking woman?

Pimpbaa

Error2k4 said:
whoa wait a minute you don't play a game if it doesn't have a good looking woman?

Hell no. My most anticipated game is Animal Crossing for the DS. Thats about as non sexual as you can get.

Pimpbaa

Drinky Crow said:
You're very icky and I hope you get the cheeto stains out of your AnimeCon '95 T-shirt soon 'cuz it's grossing me out.

Ahh come on, I ain't so bad. Lets play nintendogs together.

Pimpbaa said:

Hey, a little T&A is fine. I don't mean to say it isn't, just when you are looking for upstanding portrayals of the female specimens there's more to it than a DD bust. Understand?

Pimpbaa

teacupcopter said:
Hey, a little T&A is fine. I don't mean to say it isn't, just when you are looking for upstanding portrayals of the female specimens there's more to it than a DD bust. Understand?

You're right, C cups can look nice too.

Pimpbaa

Himuro said:
All women don't have to have big breasts you know.. one can look beautiful without big breasts.

That was a joke. I've had girlfriends who were and oogled small breasted women.

J2 Cool

Pimpbaa said:

What?? Have you played the game?

eva9jj.jpg

Pimpbaa said:
Well it was a bit hard to appriciate her beauty with the PS1 graphics at the time.

Eva's in MGS3

mgs35.jpg

You'd probably like her, she's like those women in spy movies that use their sex appeal to con men out of stuff. Really cool character, but nowhere near as good as the Boss.

Pimpbaa said:

Agreed. An attractive character gets your attention long enough so that you care to learn about them.

teacupcopter said:

9800.html

How about Kasumi? I like DD bust :lol

Pimpbaa

Error2k4 said:
I take Pimpbaa is totally diggin Jessica in DQVIII.

Puff-Puff!

I want to make an avatar of the dancing bunny girls in Baccarat but I'm too lazy to hook my ps2 up to my tv tuner card in my pc :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Pimpbaa said:
I want to make an avatar of the dancing bunny girls in Baccarat but I'm too lazy to hook my ps2 up to my tv tune card in my pc.
ask Scarlet, she has some pretty good ones.

sammy

Anyone arguing against Samus hasn't played Fusion ---- She actually has dialogue and narration throughout, you feel pretty bad when she gets dicked over in the game too. And there's plenty of 'hints' into her past....

Also Zero Mission highlights some interesting tid-bits on her childhood :p

Samus is a great character, she just doesn't go into some hour-long monologue about her "dark mystery rogue past" ---- Things are presented minimally throughout the franchise for players that don't need every piece of information spoon-fed to them.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
sammy said:
Anyone arguing against Samus hasn't played Fusion ---- She actually has dialogue and narration throughout, you feel pretty bad when she gets dicked over in the game too. And there's plenty of 'hints' into her past....

Also Zero Mission highlights some interesting tid-bits on her childhood :p

Samus is a great character, she just doesn't go into some hour-long monologue about her "dark mystery rogue past" ---- Things are presented minimally throughout the franchise for players that don't need every piece of information spoon-fed to them.

I agree it's nice having story being presented to you without being spoon-fed with it...BUT I think the Metroid games are generally more like the opposite of that, meaning they barely feed you with anything at all (unless you want to sit and interpret and analyze all the subtle clues and whatnot). I mean, I doubt the games would hurt from a more obvious approach in the ways Samus and the storyline are presented...without actually being spoon-fed with it. Even though the storyline in Fusion was forced onto the player, I thought it was really good and made the game more interesting. I want more Metroid games with the same substance in storyline and cutscenes, but perhaps integrated better with the game and with better pacing.

Tony HoTT

Banned
teacupcopter said:
I know it's just joking, but she doesn't have any personality. What is she about? What does she want? Who is she loyal to? What are her goals?

Basically the answer to every question is "I KILL METROIDS". There is nothing to her character, Duke Nukem is a more complicated guy.

That's what I like about her. I played through metroid 1 when I was a wee lad and didn't know it was a girl until the end. That was awesome to figure out back then.

They should make a metroid where you don't play as Samus, but it never tells you until you beat it. Then you're left with a picture of a dude in a speedo over looking a barren planet.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
sonic4ever said:
9800.html

How about Kasumi? I like DD bust :lol

*saves*

Seriously, though. I don't mind super hot chicks in games, but I'd prefer it if they weren't so hot. Mainly because it draws in a retarded, greasy audience, and then the developers decide to concentrate more on boobs than gameplay, and so on.

Top Bottom