• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best movie ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenov

tumblr_mk18kcNmMZ1s76u1ho1_500.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzDOpvukhNo

Moonkid

I love the ending to Sympathy for Mr.Vengeance. It serves as a conclusion to the plot but it's very much a continuation of the themes of revenge and violence. I love that Park Chan Wook actually ended the way he did because nothing else feels right in these types of films.
Memories of Murder
I'm glad you didn't spoil the actual final shot, it's such a powerful one.

JGLS

There Will Be Blood

tumblr_mj5sxgIPDM1r3d8abo2_r4_500.gif

Excellent writing and acting, exquisitely shot. And so, so quotable.
"I AM THE THIRD REVELATION"
"DRAIAAAAAANAAGE"
"I drink your milkshake. I drink it up."

Whiplash is the one that comes to mind since I saw it recently. I was feeling so many different emotions. Just thinking about it makes me want to watch it again.

inm8num2

Les Diaboliques - too good to spoil here.

Spoorloos (The Vanishing) - also too good to risk spoiling for those who haven't seen it.

Night of the Living Dead - for its powerful social commentary
KwfPUM2.jpg

The Thing (1982) - just an incredibly tense way to close a movie
WzQ1xn0.jpg

nick nacc

Banned
the-prestige-ending-o.gif

I have so many. But one I haven't seen yet is the Prestige. The dialogue exchange is sooooo good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHKan75x7GI

Alfred Borden: You went half way around the world, you spent a fortune, you did terrible things - really terrible things, Robert, and all for nothing.
Robert Angier: For nothing?
Alfred Borden: Yeah
Robert Angier: You never understood why we did this. The audience knows the truth: the world is simple. It's miserable, solid all the way through. But if you could fool them, even for a second, then you can make them wonder, and then you... then you got to see something really special. You really don't know? It was... it was the look on their faces...

Fargo
I love this ending because after all of the ridiculous events of Marge's day she still has her tv and her husband

Terminator 2
So this such a great end to everyone's arc in the movie Sarah and John and even the T-800 are different individuals then they were at the start of the movie

Sin city
So I mostly like this ending cause the movie ends the way it started

The great dictator
Not much to say other then Great speech

Brakke

Banned
The I Forgot About This Movie Until Right This Second But It Totally Fits Award goes to Burn After Reading.

c0e48a912ca9a7071a156ac405292849.jpg

Shawshank Redemption

the-shawshank-redemption-1994-bluray-720p-x264-wiki19875022-11-05.jpg

I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom