• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Playstation Game of all Time has been decided.

I never liked the Crash Bandicoot gams, so I'm really surprised they are so high, and over better games like SotN and whatnot. I didn't even know they were that respected. Total left field for me, but eh.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
2 too many Crash titles on that list. Probably for the best a Wipeout didn't make it up there and make everyone sad.

At least theyre still making Final Fantasy's, eh!

oti

Banned
LOL @ Crash badicut making it 3rd and 4th place
I've played the demo and it was so crappy!

200.gif

Illucio

Banned
Metal Gear is at the top because this poll came out right when the last game was released renewing interest/idea let alone all the shit happening with Kojima has people giving him even more praise in their mind.

I feel like this is very inaccurate do to it's timing and if we we're to revisit this same poll in the future the results would had been mostly different.

Shizuka

Crash fans are crazy. I love me some crash but it doesn't belong in the top 5 of greatest PS1 games.

Also worst PS1 FF being on the list is bleh. Tactics got robbed.

If there is a single franchise that deserves to have a spot on the PS1 top 5, it's Crash Bandicoot. It's not crazy at all, actually.

Metal Gear is at the top because this poll came out right when the last game was released renewing interest/idea let alone all the shit happening with Kojima has people giving him even more praise in their mind.

I feel like this is very inaccurate do to it's timing and if we we're to revisit this same poll in the future the results would had been mostly different.

Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7 were going to be 1 & 2 no matter what. The only question was the order. I thought it'd be FF7, but i'm not surprised that MGS took it.

Someone needs to buy the Metal Gear IP, hire Kojima and assemble a quality team for him to work with. And then force him to work within a regular triple A sized budget...

liquidtmd

Banned
MGS1 will always hold a special place in my heart and it holds up fairly well, I did a playthrough not all that long ago.

Its fascinating to look at 1 and then look at V. Many steps forward, many steps sideways, many steps back.

Rabbot, Vibri and Parappa warmed themselves around the flaming drum, the fire flickering and spitting shadows against the brickwork of the underpass. In the distance, a party pushed against the nocturne, music and laughter echoing into the night.

The three remained silent as they sought places to sleep against a rusting Piranha, its once-proud chassis now pock-marked with rust and splashed with faded graffiti, suspensors long-dead.

The fire died. The underpass was thrown into darkness, with nothing but the distant sound of freeway traffic and the thumping rhythm of celebration.

graffix13

Lol no.

Metal Gear Solid is so overrated. Tenchu was released the same year and I remember thinking it was the superior 'stealth' game. Yet EGM, GamePro, etc. told me that MGS was stealth done right.

Top Bottom