• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Playstation Game of all Time has been decided.

Fusebox

Banned
Wow 1 and 2 are my fave 1 and 2. I finally agree with a poll!!

Except for the Crash stuff, was never into it.

MGS really is the greatest.

MGS1 number is the correct choice.. I will be missing you snake

mgs2-346-200.jpg

nakedeyes

Banned
Crash fans are crazy. I love me some crash but it doesn't belong in the top 5 of greatest PS1 games.

Also worst PS1 FF being on the list is bleh. Tactics got robbed.
Wow! I am an equal opportunity FF lover, and tactics is indeed the shit. But I have never heard anyone who thinks 7 is the worst PS FF! I mean, that clearly goes to 8 ( which is a game I still absolutely adore ).

libregkd

I'm surprised the original Crash game is that high up, it definitely doesn't hold a candle to Crash 2 or 3. My picks were MGS and Crash 2 though so at least one of them made it.

khaaan

The games should go on sale to celebrate.

Not that I really care, I already own all of them. Maybe all the losers should go on sale.

dmshaposv

I love MGS and it defo deserves to be in top 5 (maybe even top 3) but come on...

MGSV just came out, the poll was reeling of the hype and general popularity of the franchise in the last few months. I'd say the poll is a little biased...

Fusebox

Banned
MGS and FFVII aren't just my favourite PSX games of all time, they're my favourite games of all time on any console.

I love MGS and it defo deserves to be in top 5 (maybe even top 3) but come on...

MGSV just came out, the poll was reeling of the hype and general popularity of the franchise in the last few months. I'd say the poll is a little biased...

All polls are biased. All "greatest X of all time" lists are too, assuming they were made by human beings.

Sapiens

Probably could have used SotN instead of two Crunch Bandacor games, but whatevs - all quality right up in there.

Still, SotN, MGS and FFVII were my holy trifecta of games awesomness back then.

Ramenman

HOLY SHIT 50% BANDICOOT faith in humanity restored.

Obviously FF7 and MGS would take the first spots, though I don't care for them at all, but I didn't even hope to see 1 crash game.

RMI

Banned
these crash bandicoot placings are some kind of elaborate joke, right?

In what universe does crash bandicoot place higher than Resident Evil, SotN, Final Fantasy Tactics, WipEout XL, and tons of other amazing PS1 games.

whatever though, #1 is pretty good.

Kasumin

#1 I agree with and I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan. FFVII at #2? Sure. It made a huge impact. #3 and #4? Never played Crash but uh... okay, then?

Kssio_Aug

Great list, but they should change one of those Crash games by something else.

However, was that a PS1 poll only? Or all Playstation Systems?
Cause there are other great titles deserving a place, such as Shadow of the Colossus and Uncharted.

Darknight

Sony should just like forget even Crash existed and stop mentioning it.

They wont fight for the rights...its depressing they keep bring it up. Like biatches, buy Crash so people can play this shit on PS4,Vita already. (Plus Crash being in rumored Battle Royal 2 already FUCK)

Zemm

MGS was the first game I imported, and because our UK TV's were 50hz I had to play it in black and white (more like green and white) and it was amazing. Definetly my favourite game on PS1.

CHC

The Crash games are great but I feel that having TWO of them on a list that's only 4 games long does a bit of a disservice to all the other great series that were closely associated with PS1, like Resident Evil or Castelvania for instance.

a lot of people

Apparently. And, don't get me wrong, they were awesome. But, they just seem largely forgotten to me. You talk PSX around here you hear the usually shit about Metal Gear, Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, Tactics, Symphony of the Night, Resident Evil 2, etc. I've just never seen people get nostalgic about Crash.

MGS5 being out definitely helped MGS1 memories factor, I'm sure. #1 & #2 are totally what you'd expect imo.

I voted for Symphony of the Night, 'cause I like Castlevania, don't I?

smh @ Crash anything... 2 was great back then. 1 is borked just from it's checkpointing and saving system. Never played 3. They don't do much for me other than nostalgia for the era. Crash fans are the new Sonic fans.

Top Bottom