• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda E3 Showcase 2017 - Pardon Our Dust [Over]

What is Starfield?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Van Bur3n

What a bizarre conference in some good and bad ways.

The good being The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein, and Dishonored 2 DLC (only two new games, and DLC).

The bad being everything else including another bullshit for paid mods.

I really don't know what to think. What a fucking mess. Or as Pete Hines put it, "fucking bananas".

Compsiox

Banned
The VR titles don't seem like they were much of a Priority.

Wolfenstein is on the same level as Life is Strange: Before the Storm for me.

It saved the conference.

Zukkoyaki

I honestly thought that was a great conference. Short and focused, great pacing, unique presentation and two incredible announcements that are THIS YEAR!

Felt more like a Nintendo Direct.

Interested in Dishonored 2 DLC, The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein The New Collosus, that's 2 more than anything on MS conference and 3 more than EA, I guess Bethesda has delivered the most so far for me, but it's still a 5/10 conference

Trago

How refreshing is it to see some kick ass AAA games be announced at E3 with a shiny release date next to them?

I hope to god more companies follow in Bethesda's footsteps.

Lol this thread. They announced two brand new 60$ games that are releasing this year. "They didn't announce what I wanted, so why they'd even come?" Ridiculous.

No one is saying that? Everyone is saying those 2 games looked great.

The entire rest of the conference was a huge dud. I'm struggling to see why Bethesda needed their own dedicated conference this year.

plushyp

So basically Wolfenstein, Evil Within 2 and Dishonored 2 DLC? Everything else was VR and eSports right? I missed the starting 10-15 minutes of the show.

That conference felt so unnecessary. They could have just pushed The Evil Within and Wolfenstein to the Microsoft or Sony conference. Oh yeah, and Dishonored.

Hybrid897

No need for a press conference, should've done what Nintendo does imo.

So hyped for Wolfenstein 2 though, The new order was the only FPS I've really enjoyed since HL2: ep2.

Camells

They should do a Nintendo Direct styled presentation next time. Well they actually did something like that just cut the stage parts and that's about it lol so much money wasted for nothing.

d00d3n

Legit question:

Why the hell did they even hold a conference?

Honestly, it felt like a total waste. Super disappointed.

They were going to cancel, but looking back at great successes like Ubi Mr Coffeine and Nintendo Puppet show they were convinced that producing a fake E3 conference leads to great things. Then Pete Hines raised his hand, told everyone about his theme park idea, and now they just HAD TO DO IT!

Ryuuga

Banned
An7V5dl.gif

Brofield

I really should figure out the chronology of Wolfenstein, this trailer looked neat and I kinda want to hop in the series.

Shame no Skyrim release date, but I'll still hold out for late September/early October

JTripper

I'd give that conference a solid 3/5.

Most of it didn't appeal to me but I appreciate them showing stuff that's releasing this year. That Wolfenstein tho

VB5WwlZIt8eRy.webp

The three things they announced (Wolfenstein, Dishonoured 2 DLC, Evil Within 2) were all really cool and I'm excited. But yeah, probably not a whole conference worth of info.

BlizzKrut

Banned
The Sony method is good, but it has the flaw of not giving additional context on what we're seeing, and this conference suffered because of this IMO.

Top Bottom