• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda E3 Showcase 2017 - Pardon Our Dust [Over]

What is Starfield?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toni

Even though I don't care for it being another FPS. Wolfenstein 2 looked cool. I'll Redbox it.

giphy.gif

Plum

This is a weird one. The presentation was just garbage. Felt like a Nintendo Direct but worse. To top that off most of the things revealed ranged from 'eh' (VR stuff) to 'fuck off' (paid mods).

However, Wolfenstein's trailer at the end was great (albeit weirdly cut) and everything being 2017 is a breath of fresh air from 2018 release dates or no release dates. Evil Within 2 had a pretty good trailer even if I don't intend on playing it.

I'll give it a 6/10. Funnily enough my ratings have gone from 3/10 (EA) to 5/10 (MS) to this so, hopefully, the last three continue this upwards trend.

This ended in 40 minutes.

I wonder if they planned on revealing their new IP at one point but backed out for some reason. Idk that ending felt really abrupt

UrbanRats

Im curious what people here are now expecting from sony? Alot of it will be stuff seen already.

ND is going to show the uncharted dlc before going deep into ANYTHING TLOU related.

The only thing that will really be a head turner is FROM SOFT's next project

I don't think they'll blow minds, but i'm interested in seeing more open worlds style gameplay for Days Gone and especially Spiderman.

Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2, and the Dishonored thing were great. Microsoft's was the better show even if they mainly sold me PS4 games.

Oh, and they also just recently C&Ded an indie team with a game name that contained the word Prey because ????? Bethesda is a shitty company

Oh yeah, they had to change the spelling of their game's name. I backed that great looking game too.

They had a gameplay montage at the end of the trailer.

I was sooo glad they did that. I was wondering if they'd show gameplay.

They really should played Evil Within and Wolfenstein on stage given that they aren't too far out. Make it more worth the live show.

Chris R

For me, I'd rank the shows like this so far

EA: D+ (Skate 4 bumps this to a B-)
Microsoft: C+ (Too much of some games, not enough of others)
Bethesda: B- (Would have preferred live transfers instead of the Bethesda-Land stuff)

a916

I would bump Beth up 2 for two very solid games and cool DLC, and knock down MS down 1 for doing a poor job selling their new console.

I'm really not sold on Evil Within 2. I feel like the first one was very much a post RE4 game. It carried with it the same pros (and cons). If they had addressed those cons that are more glaring in 2017, then I'd be more excited.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not sure what everyone here expected out of the smallest publisher with an E3 show who just released DOOM, Dishonored 2, Prey, and TES: Morrowind within the last year.

For my part, not having a conference if you don't have any content? No one asked them to have a conference, it's their decision entirely.

Bethesda continues to do it right in the way of release. I like that many of their games in the last couple years are coming out in the same year they're announced. The industry needs to take notes.

They literally could've put all of these announcements in Microsoft and Sony's conferences and added the Switch Skyrim to Nintendo's video.

Like what the fuck was the point? I honestly feel like there was something else they were going to show, like a Starfield, but for whatever reason had to bail last minute or something.

I thought the constant space themed background was a sure sign of a Starfield announcement. I think this was my biggest disappointment in a while. Oh well. I still believe. 👽

I didn't bother to watch it, but the actual announcements were fine. Two big sequels and new DLC all scheduled for Fall 2017 is a good showing for a third party publisher.

This is probably underwhelming some of you because regulars are so exposed to leaks.

Bethesda has been my favorite conference the last few years, and after delivering last year when I thought they might be light on games to show we were proven wrong. This year felt way off, way different feel and really just 2 games and dlc for dishonored. Like most, I think this didn't need its own conference this year.

a916

Bethesda continues to do it right in the way of release. I like that many of their games in the last couple years are coming out in the same year they're announced. The industry needs to take notes.

Speak for yourself, I like be teased by the future... I know, I'm a sucker lol

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
This ended in 40 minutes.

I wonder if they planned on revealing their new IP at one point but backed out for some reason. Idk that ending felt really abrupt

Glad I wasn't the only one feeling that way. Considering how he was was just lingering there for a moment I thought we were going to get one more surprise.

EA: 3/10 (I liked Battlefront 2 and A Way Out, everything else was zzzz)
MS: 4/10 (Nothing I liked really and nothing to sell me on the Xbox One X but at least it wasn't a snoozefest like EA's).
Bethesda: 4.5/10 (Wolfenstein looked awesome and TEW2 was fine I guess, everything else was boring).

E3 is getting better I guess? lol

Plum

For my part, not having a conference if you don't have any content? No one asked them to have a conference, it's their decision entirely.

Yeah, really seems like the conference is just here because they've done it in the past two years and think the attention is worth the cost. Their original one justified it because it was Fallout 4's big blowout but ever since then it's just showcased small updates and games that could have just been announced elsewhere.

O.DOGG

Pretty excited about the Bethesda games. Looks like they'll be getting a lot of my money come October this year - The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein. I have yet to play Dishonored 2 but I'll likely get it along with the DLC. It's great seeing all the 2017 release dates. Excellent, excellent news. Too bad they didn't announce new single player content for Doom but I'll take what I can get.

K' Dash

At least all the games they showed will launch this year. Tomorrow we will see a glimpse of the PS7 library.

I'll buy Skyrim for Switch, Psycho Break 2 and Wolfy.

8/10

It was mostly CGI crap with some rare interspersed gameplay footage. As a person who has watched all live conferences the last five years or more, this was objectively bad. The theme park framing idea was laughable and very revealing about the thought process over at Bethesda. The coop game shown at the EA conference was honestly more interesting than anything shown here, and I would grade the full EA conference as a 1/10.

It was interesting even for someone like myself who wasn't interested in many of their game. But wait...I have to take that back. This conference actually got me interesting in some of their games I had written off like Elder Scrolls Online. The idea that the only good E3 press conference involves gameplay is ridiculous. The only thing that matters is if it makes you more interested in the games or not. There are now games on my radar that weren't before. That's a lot more than the EA and Microsoft conference did.

Oh and to top it off, I found the whole thing entertaining. The theme park framing was 100% better than listening to speakers I couldn't wait to shut up. Like I said. Seriously. Lighten up GAF.

The jumping around to random cutscenes in the Wolfenstien trailer was very jarring. Like they spliced in some extra scenes to pad out the length. The entire show was shorter than I was expecting.

I think they backed out of showing something else at the last minute. I also didn't notice any hint at their next big game unless those cuts to stars were supposed to be that.

The jumping around to random cutscenes in the Wolfenstien trailer was very jarring. Like they spliced in some extra scenes to pad out the length. The entire show was shorter than I was expecting.

I think they backed out of showing something else at the last minute. I also didn't notice any hint at their next big game unless those cuts to stars were supposed to be that.

They had a constant background of stars and planets with little rocket ships flying through occasionally. I thought for sure that was hinting at Starfield.

Fou-Lu

So why are people assuming Sony's conference will suck now just because the first three have been mediocre? Sony could have all kinds of bombs to drop, we really don't know.

Kind of like "damned if you do, damned if you don't". As Microsoft's conference showed, scripted gameplay or "in-engine cutscenes" can look janky and when it comes to presenting the game and getting people interested, the CG stuff did it well.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome that The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein: TNC are both coming out this year but fuck, October went from one game for me (Shadow of War) to four including ACO. Future backlog incoming!!! LOL.

Some Nobody

At least all the games they showed will launch this year. Tomorrow we will see a glimpse of the PS7 library.

I'll buy Skyrim for Switch, Psycho Break 2 and Wolfy.

8/10

That's 'cause half the shit they showed is stuff that launched years ago. VR add-ons, DLC announcements, and paid mods while telling me Elder Scrolls Legends is finally on phones where it should've started. :p

KillLaCam

Banned
This actually made me sleepy. I've never been this bored at a game conference. I don't even understand why they wanted their own confidence.

They only announced 2 games and 1 dlc. Then showed people watching a trailer for some dlc that is already out (Why?).

BUT HERES SOME VR MODES FOR OLD GAMES AND PAID MODS FOR OLDER GAMES !! That's worth having a conference over.

Top Bottom