• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda has something to say tommorow

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Skyrim DLC hopefully, and hopefully it wont screw up the PS3 version when it eventually comes out.

I don't know why anyone would want a Fallout 4 at this point, we've had two Fallout and two Elder Scroll games this generation, I would want a new Fallout to wait till we had some new consoles (not counting the WiiU at this point) with better hardware.

hemtae

I don't know why anyone would want a Fallout 4 at this point, we've had two Fallout and two Elder Scroll games this generation, I would want a new Fallout to wait till we had some new consoles (not counting the WiiU at this point) with better hardware.

Basically what you're saying is Fallout 4 PC exclusive? I can get behind that. Actually I'd just settle for a totally redesigned engine but whatever.

I'm in the minority but I'm crossing my fingers for a sequel to Redguard:
Redguard.JPG

Fjordson

Yeah, the art style of the guy doesn't really feel like Elder Scrolls to me.

Could always be a CG trailer or something similar, but for DLC? I dunno.

RAGE DLC + Skyrim DLC (including all the cool stuff from GDC) please.

I'd be more jazzed for Rage than Skyrim info just because Skyrim is so damn packed with content as it is. Rage needs some love.
(and maybe a re-release too with some extras)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Hoping it's something new.

The Fallout games, Oblivion, and Skyrim got boring pretty quickly.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws here, but I noticed this, no idea if it means anything. Just coincidence?

FALLOUT4.COM WHOIS
Updated: 4 days ago

Registrant:
Zenimax Media Inc.

Whereas...

FALLOUT5.COM WHOIS
Updated: 714 days ago
Registrant:
Zenimax Media Inc.

And Fallout3.com last updated 422 days ago etc.
I'm not even sure what the updated status means.

This is starting to look more and more like Fallout 4. Who's developing though? Beth themselves? Do they even have the manpower to release Skyrim and Fallout 4 back to back?

injurai

Banned
This is starting to look more and more like Fallout 4. Who's developing though? Beth themselves? Do they even have the manpower to release Skyrim and Fallout 4 back to back?

Once most of the art assets are done, the art team has nothing to work on for the current game, because everything else needs to be programmed. Adding more of that content only works to delay a game so they cut it off at a certain point. (same reason we get day 1 dlc) This is either Skyrim DLC or possibly Fallout 4 announcement which could be possible.

16 August, 2010 :
Eurogamer: But you're already thinking about the next thing.

Todd Howard: Right, so we're in production on the new game, and we have a design going for the one after that.

The one in production turned out to be Skyrim. Something else was already in pre-production in 2010...

Emitan

Please use a new engine this time and target next gen consoles if its Fallout 4.

And hire some fucking writers.

Lakitu

st5fu
It's too early to announce Fallout 4, they only just got Skyrim out the door. Shame it's not Skyrim DLC... I really want more content for it. My guess is that it's some sort of Rage DLC or some other game.

Once most of the art assets are done, the art team has nothing to work on for the current game, because everything else needs to be programmed. Adding more of that content only works to delay a game so they cut it off at a certain point. (same reason we get day 1 dlc) This is either Skyrim DLC or possibly Fallout 4 announcement which could be possible.

16 August, 2010 :

The one in production turned out to be Skyrim. Something else was already in pre-production in 2010...

Alright, I can definitely see this working. Looking forward to the announcement tomorrow. Even if it isn't F4 it should be something big.

Rage DLC sounds awful. Did enough people even buy that game to justify DLC? One of the few games this gen I didn't play all the way through and traded in.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Please use a new engine this time and target next gen consoles if its Fallout 4.

And hire some fucking writers.

Some better animators wouldn't hurt too.

Also, give us stuff to do the in the world instead of going from place to place mashing one key/button. The Fallout and Elder Scrolls series could really use some more interesting combat at the very least.

Fjordson

They probably do. I mean, Fallout 3 was less than two and a a half years after Oblivion.

Though Skyrim was three years after FO 3, so FO 4 any sooner than late 2013 would be a little quick.

Dunno why, but when I saw that collar my first thought went to Sherlock.
Anyway, Fallout 4: GOD PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN.
I'm preparing my tissues.

injurai

Banned
They probably do. I mean, Fallout 3 was less than two and a a half years after Oblivion.

Though Skyrim was three years after FO 3, so FO 4 any sooner than late 2013 would be a little quick.

Well they sure are getting a lot of games in this generation if this is the case. A Bethesda game running on next-gens tech will blow my pants off.

My hope is Fallout 4 coming in 2014 for the pc and unannounced Next Gen Consoles, based on ID tech 6.

I think it will actually be something knew and underwhelming.

I would be pleased with anything Skyrim or Fallout related, but probably not getting it. Probably getting some announcement about something that I don't care about. Which, if that's the case, boo all of you.

Fjordson

Well they sure are getting a lot of games in this generation if this is the case. A Bethesda game running on next-gens tech will blow my pants off.
True. I could easily see Fallout 4 hitting early next gen. Could be to those consoles what Oblivion was to the 360. And it'd be plenty of time after Skyrim.

Really don't think tomorrow will be Fallout related. Either Skyrim related or something brand new.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They forgot to include the line before that:

"Take a fucking shower dude, damn!"
"Tomorrow."

Jibbed

It's the pic in the OP (also found on Bethesda's Facebook page).

Yeah I soon realised and stealth-edited my post, I'm tired :p

Also.. isn't this announcement meant to be today?

Edit: Time to go to bed, I've been seeing 'Yesterday' under everyone's avatars and not looked at the time. Fml.

Top Bottom