• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravocado

As long as it works reasonably well on day one and gets patched quickly and completely enough, I'll be happy. Otherwise, I'm waiting a year or two.

It'd be nice if I could play it on PS4, don't really have the funds to upgrade my humble PC right now.

Player F1 and F2 many times.

If I said I had never played F3 or NV. Which should I play now? Are there mods I should use?

Play both . I'd personally play Fallout 3 first , then all the DLC and then do NV. NV is more enjoyable if you've played Fallout 3 because you'll see tie ins and references to events and characters from Fsllout 3. I personally had more fun playing through NV tho.

Nerokis

From this topic alone I can tell I'm looking forward to every other "No Obsidian, no buy" post in the announcement thread.

I don't even understand where this is coming from. Why would Obsidian be developing Fallout 4? Fallout 3 introduced a lot of people to the franchise, and is a beloved game. As good as New Vegas was, it had the advantage on building on 3 - not sure Obsidian would be trusted with a ground-up process, with the introduction of Fallout to next generation consoles.

And I mean, Bethesda has a team in place that has experience with the franchise, loves the franchise, and has likely long been working on laying the groundwork for the next entry. In the meantime, Obsidian has been plenty busy. Was there ever seriously an expectation Obsidian would be replacing Bethesda as the main Fallout developer?

Fisty

They are basically asking Kojima to make Metal Gear. That's what Obsidian means to Fallout.

And theres no way on gods green earth New Vegas would exist without Bethesda reviving the franchise and making it well-known. You dont get a NV without a FO3, plain and simple.

Also, fuck cross-gen because i dont want cities and towns accessible by one door and 15 seconds of loading.

Wow, 37 pages and counting...

This is the game I've been waiting for since this gen started out. Not sure what platform I'll get it on, unless one platform will have more exclusives, because I lucked out on the 360 rather than waiting around a year for the DLC. I'm worried even though my PC isn't a huge behemoth, I'd like to play it on there just for modding sake. There's just too much fan support for this franchise to miss out.

As for wishlist:

An even bigger open world to pick clean, I don't mind loading to get from one area to another. I like the loading screens with the tips and bits of lore.

More vaults to explore, including scary PT style creepiness.

Robust customizable weapons and armor.

Bring back Super Mutant Behemoths, respawnable if possible. Maybe a new species of mutants where the FEV is actually still mutating. Shoot, I'd love to tackle a Deathclaw behemoth.

Co-Op. Like Dead Island, drop in and drop out. Items you find are duplicated (one for you one for friend. I like having NPCs, but sometimes nothing beats having a friend to lay waste to a raider camp.

Here's for tomorrow!

What if this isn't fallout 4 but instead Fallout Online?

dsWIXxs.png

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Wow, 36 pages and counting...

This is the game I've been waiting for since this gen started out. Not sure what platform I'll get it on, unless one platform will have more exclusives, because I lucked out on the 360 rather than waiting around a year for the DLC. I'm worried even though my PC isn't a huge behemoth, I'd like to play it on there just for modding sake. There's just too much fan support for this franchise to miss out.

As for wishlist:

An even bigger open world to pick clean, I don't mind loading to get from one area to another. I like the loading screens with the tips and bits of lore.

More vaults to explore, including scary PT style creepiness.

Robust customizable weapons and armor.

Bring back Super Mutant Behemoths, respawnable if possible. Maybe a new species of mutants where the FEV is actually still mutating. Shoot, I'd love to tackle a Deathclaw behemoth.

Co-Op. Like Dead Island, drop in and drop out. Items you find are duplicated (one for you one for friend. I like having NPCs, but sometimes nothing beats having a friend to lay waste to a raider camp.

Here's for tomorrow!
You forgot to add no Cross Gen and no timed DLC Exclusivity BS to that list.

Thorgal

The only thing i would love to be changed at least in vannilla Fallout is diferent levels of aggression .

Scenario 1 :

Shoot somebody inside the city ?: everyone and their mother pulls out Assault rifles and rocket launchers and shoot and blow me up to kingdom come .

Scenario 2 :

Accidentally pick up a pencil that was lying next to a couple of free bullets on the counter ? : everyone and their mother pulls out Assault rifles and rocket launchers and shoot and blow me up to kingdom come .

Notice a problem here ?

Oh ,and also body sliders .

I fully understand that it is tough living out in the wasteland but that does't mean everyone , wether he is only 20 years old or 80 is expected to be sporting a perfect set of chiseled abs.

nick nacc

Banned
screw current gen, screw cross gen. PC exclusive bruv. Make this outstanding.

After witcher 3 style quest I really hope they have built a new engine for their sakes.

Agremont

If I said I had never played F3 or NV. Which should I play now? Are there mods I should use?

In my opinion, NV. Much closer to the feel of the originals than F3 in my opinion. Superior in almost every way too.

I recommend playing on PC.

F3 is an alright game though. Definitely worth playing.

Try out F3 first to see if you like it because FNV is similar in game-play, but leagues ahead in terms of story, character writing, and world building.

I would suggest playing through both without mods once, and then using mods(barring things like unofficial patches and non game-play mods) on a second playthrough.

I follow Gopher's youtube channel for mods. It's been a grerat resource for FNV, F3, and Skyrim. GAF also has a modding thread I'm not sure how active it is, but skim through it if you want.

Half-chub, standing by.

Multiple environments would be great. Some green growing back further away from the blast zones. Snowy mountains. And then the typical Fallout 3 shit where everything is really gross and bland and somehow glorious.

Fjordson

I don't even understand where this is coming from. Why would Obsidian be developing Fallout 4? Fallout 3 introduced a lot of people to the franchise, and is a beloved game. As good as New Vegas was, it had the advantage on building on 3 - not sure Obsidian would be trusted with a ground-up process, with the introduction of Fallout to next generation consoles.

And I mean, Bethesda has a team in place that has experience with the franchise, loves the franchise, and has likely long been working on laying the groundwork for the next entry. In the meantime, Obsidian has been plenty busy. Was there ever seriously an expectation Obsidian would be replacing Bethesda as the main Fallout developer?
Well some people simply prefer Obsidian as a developer, so I kinda get the grumbling in that respect. Hell, I liked New Vegas more than 3 (though 3 was still really good imo).

But your second question is definitely valid. I always say Obsidian fans are wasting their breath and should just accept that Bethesda is making another fallout. The idea that Bethesda would drop the IP after one game (a game that was a big hit no less) makes zero sense.

Evil Beaver

I hope you get to play as an android, and the character creator is factory workers choosing your different pats/features/accessories.

Perun

If you loved F1 and F2 do yourself a favor and skip F3. In the essence, New Vegas captures the spirit of true Fallout, Fallout 3 doesn't even try.

Viper3

But it remains to be seen if the DLC will be a timed exclusive for Xbox players again because Obsidian only pull this BS with the 1st DLC of New Vegas and the rest of the DLCs release at the same time on both systems.Bethesda was more than willing to do it more than once with DLC of Fallout 3 and Skyrim so I'm hoping this is not the case again.

I hope so too. I have both the PS4 and XB, but all this DLC exclusivity crap is starting to really annoy me.

cjp

Well some people simply prefer Obsidian as a developer, so I kinda get the grumbling in that respect. Hell, I liked New Vegas more than 3 (though 3 was still really good imo).

But your second question is definitely valid. I always say Obsidian fans are wasting their breath and should just accept that Bethesda is making another fallout. The idea that Bethesda would drop the IP after one game (a game that was a big hit no less) makes zero sense.

I think a lot of people preferred the writing in New Vegas. Having said that, the lead writer on it moved to Guerilla Games anyway.

dugdug

Banned
Have there been any claims of console exclusivity or not? I don't mean DLC, but, like a Tomb Raider deal. Saw someone on my twitter feed bouncing around the idea, and, I just wanted to see if it came from anywhere real.

Have there been any claims of console exclusivity or not? I don't mean DLC, but, like a Tomb Raider deal. Saw someone on my twitter feed bouncing around the idea, and, I just wanted to see if it came from anywhere real.
I would love to see the fallout from that.

Viper3

If you loved F1 and F2 do yourself a favor and skip F3. In the essence, New Vegas captures the spirit of true Fallout, Fallout 3 doesn't even try.

What exactly is that based on? And what is your definition of a "true" Fallout game?

i hope there are vehicles in this one

but not in the sense that everyone has one and theyre all over the place

they should be somewhat of a rarity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom