• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
If you loved F1 and F2 do yourself a favor and skip F3. In the essence, New Vegas captures the spirit of true Fallout, Fallout 3 doesn't even try.

I played F1 and F2 when I was a kid and loved both. I loved FO3. I would never advise anyone who liked the originals to skip it. New Vegas had better writing/quests/items, but Fallout 3 had, in my opinion, vastly superior world design.

McDougles

Adam Boyes retweeted it so i doubt it's exclusive.

I doubt it, too, but a blog post goes beyond a tweet from a personal Twitter account. Most Xbox Wire info is simultaneously posted through the Major Nelson blog.

I found it a bit odd that it's an official Xbox guy's post on a company blog more than anything.

Drayco21

From this topic alone I can tell I'm looking forward to every other "No Obsidian, no buy" post in the announcement thread.

I'll just leave my "No Obsidian, no buy" post here then. The architects of the original, best games are at Obsidian. The writers that made Fallout a world worth caring about and exploring are at Obsidian. Bethesda has proven time and time again they can't write their way out of a paper bag. I loved Fallout, Fallout 2 and New Vegas- Fallout 3 just felt like a mediocre spin-off, and if we're getting more of that, I'm okay with passing on the Fallout: Arkham Origins.

n2IcPmJ.png

Yeah. The teaser announcement on reddit has 7k upvotes. Everyone should be talking about this. All boats rise with the tide.

Agremont

I played F1 and F2 when I was a kid and loved both. I loved FO3. I would never advise anyone who liked the originals to skip it. New Vegas had better writing/quests/items, but Fallout 3 had, in my opinion, vastly superior world design.

That's debatable. There's very little in the way of coherency in the capital wasteland. It's basically a theme park.

213372bu

Banned
" Thanks for waiting for the count-down!

We're proud to announce the classic Vault Suit blue and yellow color scheme is now available for purchase as DLC for certain armors in The Elder Scrolls :Online! But be sure to keep it on in preparation for E3, where we will be able to announce a limited con-exclusive reprint of the original Vault Boy bobblehead!

Also Fallout 4 for Gamecube because Neogaf."

Something that I really want in the series that I feel would bring extra tension to it is for the game to continue in real-time, even though you pull up your Pip-boy. It was way to easy to get in a firefight, and, at the last second, go into your Pip-boy and use healing items, all while the world around you freezes.

Don't worry. Sony will force Ken Levine to announce it at E3.

Ftfy. Remember, Ken had no intention of announcing Bioshock Vita at E3 that year, but Sony said that if he wanted to show off Infinite on their stage, he had to announce Vita support as well, as that was their main push.

On Demand

Banned
I doubt it, too, but a blog post goes beyond a tweet from a personal Twitter account. Most Xbox Wire info is simultaneously posted through the Major Nelson blog.

I found it a bit odd that it's an official Xbox guy's post on a company blog more than anything.

Well MS likes promoting big AAA games like this. If they do have an exclusive it's probably going to be DLC announced at E3. I doubt MS could pull off another timed exclusive with the installed base of PS4 growing.

Branson

And theres no way on gods green earth New Vegas would exist without Bethesda reviving the franchise and making it well-known. You dont get a NV without a FO3, plain and simple.

Also, fuck cross-gen because i dont want cities and towns accessible by one door and 15 seconds of loading.
I super agree. I loved 3 and look forward to 4. But I liked NV more and for those reasons. If anyone was looking to play either of those games I would always say play 3 and then go to NV.

But also F3 wouldn't exist without 1-2. So it's actually Bethesda following Black Isle

Wasp

Three things I want from Fallout 4:

1. No loading. If The Witcher 3 can do it so can Fallout. Entering and exiting dungeons, buildings and towns should be load screen free. Fast travel loading is okay.

2. Less dungeon crawling. Far too many of Bethesda's missions involve retrieving an item from the third floor of a dungeon/cave/building. The best missions are those that make use of the towns and overworld. Bethesda's games have around 400 dungeons (most with multiple floors) and it's definitely a case of quantity over quality. Preferably the time spent outside to inside should be 90/10 not 30/70.

3. No hint of the Gamebyro engine. It was an ugly and poor performing engine, I don't want to see any trace of it in Fallout 4.

Cincaid

Super excited to see what they're revealing tomorrow, hopefully it's not just a CG trailer. Got a long wish list of stuff I'd like to see in a Fallout for the new generation. Me and my PC are ready, hope it's a 2015 release!

2. Less dungeon crawling. Far too many of Bethesda's missions involve retrieving an item from the third floor of a dungeon/cave/building. The best missions are those that make use of the towns and overworld. Bethesda's games have around 400 dungeons (most with multiple floors) and it's definitely a case of quantity over quality. Preferably the time spent outside to inside should be 90/10 not 30/70.

Hehe, I'm the complete opposite. Give me more dungeons, especially dark, spooky and claustrophobic vaults!

Correct me if I'm wrong but when possible, Beth doesn't follow trends in business practices like exclusivity. This will be multiplat. Also, if it's an MMO, I will kill myself

AlterOdin

Good stuff.

But please no Gamebyro (or whatever they call the latest rewrite of the engine). Good mod-support, but just tired of it's "quirky" feel. (IE shit combat, mediocre to bad lighting, floaty movement, etc).

Psoelberg

1. No loading. If The Witcher 3 can do it so can Fallout. Entering and exiting dungeons, buildings and towns should be load screen free. Fast travel loading is okay.

Basically I agree that it's about time there's no loading, but Bethesda games usually have a lot more objects your can interact with, with its own physics, that the player can even grab and move around. So I don't think the parallel between Witcher and Fallout can be made. The way you have to build up the world is so much different.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Gamezone

Gold Member
The countdown is actually the announcement of the remastered version of Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up.

Ok barring exclusive DLC. I just don't see them making any of their major franchise games (ES/FO) an exclusive

The countdown is actually the announcement of the remastered version of Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up.

Ken Levine is gonna come out and dance to it, then moonwalk off stage. Todd Howard will come out and say, "Please understand, so many people hate Gamebryo, that we decided to rewrite our engine. FO4 is currently 25% done with development. Please be excited."

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Ok barring exclusive DLC. I just don't see them making any of their major franchise games (ES/FO) an exclusive

Considering I had to deal with this BS regarding DLC since I was on the wrong end of that deal on top of having the worst version of the Bethesda games (on PS3) I just hope they don't pull Timed Exclusive DLC of any kind again.

I just hope that if this does take place in Boston they don't feel the need to break lore and write in the Enclave, Brotherhood, or Super Mutants unless it takes place decades after 3 and the Brotherhood has sent diplomats to the Commonwealth or something like that.

But please no fucking Enclave or Super Mutants! Death Claws are a bit iffy too.

i hope there are vehicles in this one

but not in the sense that everyone has one and theyre all over the place

they should be somewhat of a rarity

Hell yeah. They should have certain tracks only play out of these abandoned vehicles or whatever. When you hear the music... the car might be operable ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom