• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 18 |OT| It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTM

lol it's like last season of Survivor all over again.

I'm fine with Nicole winning. Paul fucked up taking her to the end.

Then you're in denial or some shit as that's waaaay off the mark.

Nicole played a pretty damn good game. Was it better than Paul's? Maybe, maybe not but the jury chooses who wins not us.

Velcro Fly

This isn't Woo taking Tony on Survivor but man it is dumb

He probably wins with 6 or 7 votes against James.

What is even the point of picking one person over another for the final two if not to beat one? There is no honor in beating a stronger person in the finals.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The people who voted for Nicole were the ones affected by her actions and they saw that as good gameplay...it seemed Paul didn't really start taking control until the end of the season.

And?

He started taking control when it was most important, he was a clutch player. His biggest mistake was taking Nicole to the final 2.

And?

He started taking control when it was most important, he was a clutch player. His biggest mistake was taking Nicole to the final 2.

It means the jury are still thinking of Nicole as the power player because she voted them out and they're still thinking of Paul as the guy who keeps saying "friendship" walking around with an inflatable duck around his waist

Ganhyun

Everyone mad that Paul lost needs to go blame Paul, not the jury. He should never have taken the bigger threat to win with him to final two.

Day said she didn't want Paul to come out when they revealed the last member of Jury, so I wonder why she voted for Nicole...

She was probably hoping for the schadenfreude of seeing him lose to Nicole, because she's petty, confrontational, and vindictive, and of course she got her wish.

Da'Vonne is now the official Ruiner of Things on Big Brother.

I love Da'Vonne. Just not right now.

BTM

It means the jury are still thinking of Nicole as the power player because she voted them out and they're still thinking of Paul as the guy who keeps saying "friendship" walking around with an inflatable duck around his waist

she made the right moves at the right times and was ALWAYS viewed as a threat meanwhile. If you don't think that's 'good gameplay' then what show are you watching? xD

I think we're in the minority lol.

Also, I'm curious how Paul's game is so much more deserving than Nicole's. They both played great games and fortunately for Nicole, 5 out of the 9 jurors favored hers over Pauls.

chris121580

Everyone mad that Paul lost needs to go blame Paul, not the jury. He should never have taken the bigger threat to win with him to final two.
I respect his reasoning though. He said Nicole deserved a shot because James had done nothing. He felt she deserved to be there. It sucks the way it turned out but he was trying to do the right thing

But then you get a repeat of last season where people were discrediting Steve for not taking Vanessa to the Final 2.

I respect his reasoning though. He said Nicole deserved a shot because James had done nothing. He felt she deserved to be there. It sucks the way it turned out but he was trying to do the right thing

Like, honorable move and all but that's fucking stupid, game-wise. You're playing for half a million dollars. That was not the time to "reward" someone for playing harder.

I think we're in the minority lol.

Also, I'm curious how Paul's game is so much more deserving than Nicole's. They both played great games and fortunately for Nicole, 5 out of the 9 jurors favored hers over Pauls.

I'm a bit irritated that everyone is blaming Day for Paul picking Nicole...and 4 other jury members picking Nicole.

This was Paul's game to lose and he did...even Nicole had enough sense to take James in the event she won the final competition...

So you would play that fast and loose with a half a million dollars after 99 days in a Truman Show box?

NYR

Day said she didn't want Paul to come out when they revealed the last member of Jury, so I wonder why she voted for Nicole...
They were vets. You can bet they made a deal outside the house for some cash, they all talked to each other. I would bet money on that.

kendrid

Banned
They were vets. You can bet they made a deal outside the house for some cash, they all talked to each other. I would bet money on that.

This theory has been thrown around with James and Nicole for at least a month now. Obviously he would have vote for her if he was getting money outside the house.

UberTag

Paul was always going to be the underdog heading into tonight given the pre-gaming by the vets and Production favor towards them.
Having Day as a voice of influence in the jury house certainly didn't help matters.
It's quite possible that he would have lost to James as well.

Paul thought he had it in the bag against either of them, which led him to his moronic decisions to cut James and give flippant terrible answers to the jury questions Very satisfying to see a smug asshole get denied the win, even if it rewards *ugh* Nicole.

ameleco

This sounds like a mess.
Yeah like half the house is nominated or what? At this point why not just make it like survivor? I guess we'll have to see how it works.

"shocked that more people didn't vote for Nicole" - Day, lol. What is with this? At least Julie/Jeff know whats up. Also Day confirms no one would've voted for James. Man, Paul why :'(

cory64

TsTJ4SU.jpg

I think I'm done watching reality games for the year. But it was fun watching them with ya gaf!!!

Survival winner, didn't deserve it. Big Brother winner, same. But it's all good. The one I feel bad for is Meech. She got too emotional.

I think both Paul and Nicole played really good games, just both very differently. Nicole was much more low-key only winning comps and trying heavily to sway opinion when needed (first week) and every week after Paulie was evicted. Paul pretty much put himself in the dog house from the start and did a good job of getting back into people's good graces.

A lot of people like to shit on Nicole in comparison but Paul put himself in that bad situation that he had to work to get himself out of, while Nicole truly made sure there were always bigger targets than her, and moved from alliances when needed to form new majorities. Not to mention Paul had really bad jury management, calling out people in eviction videos is probably the dumbest thing you can do in this game.

Anyway glad Nicole won, would have been happy with Paul but she deserved it too. Following this season on reddit reminded me that a good amount of fans will pick a favorite, usually an underdog or entertaining player and twist logic and reason to argue they played the best game and anyone else they don't like sucked.

Tregard

Soothsayer
And Day: I don't wanna give it to Nicole! I don't wanna give it to Nicole!

*gives it to Nicole*
tumblr_nesxmkxM4v1ttma2yo1_250.gif

You could even see she was cheering for Paul during his speech, I just don't understand her reasoning whatsoever.

So pissed that Paul lost on a 5-4 WITH Bridgette & Michelle's vote! I was absolutely convinced he had it because it looked like Day was going for Paul the whole time. Such a sour ending, hopefully OTT will be better.

AgeEighty

Man, what the hell was that?

Nicole played a good(ish) game, but Paul had by far the better, more well-rounded one. It's fine to say that a good social game can win, but a good social game plus success in comps plus being more actively involved in plotting should win.

And I agree with people's confusion over Da'vonne. I don't get it. Did production coach her to act misleadingly before the vote for some reason? Because otherwise, who does that? The pre-vote Paul cheerleading was so over the top; why would she do that if she had no intention of voting that way, unless it was suggested to her?

At least Victor beat out James for AFP, which is a bit of a silver lining. But man, terrible, terrible end to a terrible, terrible season.

I'm signed up to watch at least the first month of OTT, so we'll see what happens. But man am I bummed about how that turned out.

I think Big Brother players need to wake up to the fact that it's not always about who plays the better game, but who is more likeable.

Guys like Dr. Will would never win Big Brother today. People like Meech, DA, Natalie etc would bring up his lies and obnoxious behaviour.

It's the same reason Dan didn't win against Ian. The game has changed. People were more open to backstabbing back then, now it'S all about "I don't want to get blood on my hands".

Except Nicole had tons of blood on her hands, backstabbed every single person etc.....Paul was such an obnoxious unlikable dick (mocked Paulie when he was getting evicted, bullying people) that she won anyway. Just like Survivor, big moves mean nothing if you can't make yourself likable. And players who make big moves win these shows all the time, but they're not obnoxious unlikable dicks that answer questions about their terrible behaviour with "I'm a wild and craaaaazy guy, friendship pissed your boy catchphrase durr hurr"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just caught up to the finale and what a joke. Paul was easily the best player in this game outside of Victor, Big Brother fucks it up again.

Except Nicole had tons of blood on her hands, backstabbed every single person etc.....Paul was such an obnoxious unlikable dick (mocked Paulie when he was getting evicted, bullying people) that she won anyway. Just like Survivor, big moves mean nothing if you can't make yourself likable. And players who make big moves win these shows all the time, but they're not obnoxious unlikable dicks that answer questions about their terrible behaviour with "I'm a wild and craaaaazy guy, friendship pissed your boy catchphrase durr hurr"

Yeah, Paul played a good game, but his jury management was terrible.

Even Natalie's jury question was something like: "You played well, but you were so disrespectful to me and many other players. Why should we vote for you?"

And he responded something like: "I can't hide who I am."

I thought his final speech was pretty good, but he didn't do well in the question/answer session.

Plus Nicole brought up a few good points about manipulating the players in power to go after her targets.

Getting through Natalie and Meech's Combo HOH without either her or Corey going up on the block was pretty good gameplay.

UberTag

I think it's cute that you guys bring up the finale night Q&A and speeches to rationalize why a certain person won when it's been stated countless times that the jury voters have almost always already made up their minds which way they intend to vote before those even play out.

Kifimbo

Just watched the finale.

Paul should have won against both, but he only has himself to blame. Lowering your own odds of winning because James wasn't a snitch in the final days like Nicole was a snitch was so fucking dumb. This is the end of the game, it doesn't matter if the other person is plotting behind your back. There is no next week. He won't come after you. He is just trying to give himself better odds to win. Which is what you should have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom