• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 18 |OT| It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammex

Just caught up and I can't believe he didn't take James. Such a monumental mistake. I mean he deserved the win over either of them but taking a chance like that was insane. Bet he'll be kicking himself for that for a long long time.

And the reason he gave at eviction for taking Nicole? Because she was a rat who reported back to him that James was scheming with her (never mind that Paul himself was scheming with both of them). I think it's more likely that he didn't want to reward useless James with 50k, but didn't want to lose his jury vote by telling him that, so he made up a bs reason, and he thought he was being magnanimous in letting Nicole tag along to his coronation party.

Koomaster

Just watched the finale.

Paul should have won against both, but he only has himself to blame. Lowering your own odds of winning because James wasn't a snitch in the final days like Nicole was a snitch was so fucking dumb. This is the end of the game, it doesn't matter if the other person is plotting behind your back. There is no next week. He won't come after you. He is just trying to give himself better odds to win. Which is what you should have done.
Yeah it was a bizarre speech, talking about not wanting to be stabbed in the back again - how? This is finale night, James isn't going to win HOH and vote you out next week dude.My friend and I were both gobsmacked and were talking moments before how it's going to be Paul/James in the finale.I guess you can play a great game, make it to the end and still lose because you played yourself.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I think it's more likely that he didn't want to reward useless James with 50k, but didn't want to lose his jury vote by telling him that, so he made up a bs reason, and he thought he was being magnanimous in letting Nicole tag along to his coronation party.

This would make me like Paul even more tbh. Season has been somewhat redeemed for me since James finished outside of the money and lost AFP.

AgeEighty

And the reason he gave at eviction for taking Nicole? Because she was a rat who reported back to him that James was scheming with her (never mind that Paul himself was scheming with both of them). I think it's more likely that he didn't want to reward useless James with 50k, but didn't want to lose his jury vote by telling him that, so he made up a bs reason, and he thought he was being magnanimous in letting Nicole tag along to his coronation party.

Yeah, his justification made no sense: "I chose the person who was more loyal to me." Why would loyalty matter when you're down to final 3? You're not in alliances anymore; you're openly gunning for one another.

UberTag

Yeah, his justification made no sense: "I chose the person who was more loyal to me." Why would loyalty matter when you're down to final 3? You're not in alliances anymore; you're openly gunning for one another.
To be fair, Paul had minimal knowledge about Big Brother heading into this season. He was a recruit. So he had little to know understanding of jury dynamics or that he needed to alter his approach to the game as it went on. He's not too dissimilar to Survivor's Russell Hantz in that respect.

AgeEighty

To be fair, Paul had minimal knowledge about Big Brother heading into this season. He was a recruit. So he had little to know understanding of jury dynamics or that he needed to alter his approach to the game as it went on. He's not too dissimilar to Survivor's Russell Hantz in that respect.

Sure, but you could say the same thing about many of the past players and winners.

NYR

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...1/item/danielle-lickey-big-brother-top-932182

How did you get on Big Brother?

I was recruited! I was approached.
What made you want to do Big Brother?

I was recruited! I was sitting on the couch blind as f--- at The Bungalow in Santa Monica. I love the Bungalow! I go there like three times a week! So I was just sitting at the Bungalow and some guy came over to me and was like, "Hey, do you see that girl over there? She's a casting director." He introduced me to her and she texted me like four months later. They kept getting mad at me [though]. They were like watch more shows, stop going to the Bungalow! They said I need to stop going on dates and stop going to the Bungalow and stay home and watch Big Brother.
Are you a super fan of Big Brother?

I would say I'm a fan, but I haven't watched the other countries or anything like that. And season 16 is the only season I got to watch in full.
Are you a big Big Brother fan?

I became a big Big Brother fan being a part of this process. It's a very interesting show. It's going to be very cool I think.

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

UberTag

And all of the recruits will magically wind up friends, family members or acquaintances of past houseguests. Funny how that works.
Does anyone actually APPLY to be on this show any more?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
At least Alex sounds cool, and a few of the other women drop some game knowledge, but the men sound absolutely useless.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
And all of the recruits will magically wind up friends, family members or acquaintances of past houseguests. Funny how that works.
Does anyone actually APPLY to be on this show any more?
I applied with a buddy for the Canadian version in its first season. It was hundreds of people in a giant room with a number, they'd call you in groups of 6, have you stand in a circle and a producer would rapid fire ask each person to explain why they would be good for big brother in 30 seconds. That's it, they did call backs based on that. It was shitty because we waited 3-4 hours for the interview. I got to meet Boogie though so that was cool.

One downside to it only online is I don't know when the "show" part ends and the live feeds just keep going. Have to head to bed now and I don't know if Julie Chen was coming back.

beasty

I love how most of them didn't know who Jason was.

I hope they vote him out quickly.

Jason already acting like he knows everything. Dude gonna try the same gameplan that got him evicted last time

Cornbread pretty much has AFP on lock already.

UberTag

Jason already acting like he knows everything. Dude gonna try the same gameplan that got him evicted last time

Cornbread pretty much has AFP on lock already.
I'm getting awfully tired of returning houseguests acting like pompous blowhards. Especially if they sucked ass their first time in the house.

Why the hell can't a returnee either play humbled or - given a season of almost entirely recruits - act like they haven't played Big Brother at all before? Has anyone else in this house watched a lick of Big Brother outside of Grodner's favorite (BB16) in sequester?

beasty

I'm getting awfully tired of returning houseguests acting like pompous blowhards. Especially if they sucked ass their first time in the house.

Why the hell can't a returnee either play humbled or - given a season of almost entirely recruits - act like they haven't played Big Brother at all before? Has anyone else in this house watched a lick of Big Brother outside of Grodner's favorite (BB16) in sequester?

Some people were asking Jason for his name lol.

I like this season though, good strong personalities. Im not sure about the gameplay side yet, but I got high hopes for Shelby and Danielle.

kendrid

Banned
The HoH competition is:

Shane has the BB "bug" and is infected and cannot be HoH. When an alarm goes off he has to give the bug to another player. That player cannot be HoH. This will continue until one player is left and that player will be crowned HoH. This might cause some drama in the house. At least we can hope.

Oh, and Jason needs to shut the hell up.

netguy503

Where can I watch the full first episode playback on the cbs all access page? I paid for the service and can't find it anywhere. If you miss it "live" are you just not able to watch it at all? That's lame.

When will the next "episode" be?

kendrid

Banned
Where can I watch the full first episode playback on the cbs all access page? I paid for the service and can't find it anywhere. If you miss it "live" are you just not able to watch it at all? That's lame.

When will the next "episode" be?

Last night wasn't an episode, it was just them entering the house. Start the feeds at the very beginning. It was interesting to see what happens during the first few hours.

For the real episodes hopefully they link to the time they are on. At Jokers they have the schedule posted.

beasty

Jason might be gone week 1.

This HOH was brilliant its making people think about the game. It is starting to divide the house.

Its basically outcasts vs the jocks/cheerleaders..

My favorites Scott,Shelby and Danielle are putting themselves into good positions. Scott has been appointed the spy for both sides of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom