• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 Demo Thread (Players list, scores, etc.)

Neiteio

Dark FaZe said:
^ Yes split screen co-op although the screen sizes of both players are significantly minimized due to technical issues :(
Is this video an example of how the screens are minimized?

Because if so, that's not bad at all. I can watch it and enjoy it just fine at shitty YouTube size, so I think a friend and I would do fine by slightly letterboxed, off-center partitioning.

Morts

Finally burned and played the demo doing split-screen co-op. Fun as hell, but very disappointed in the screen sizes. Did they just want to keep each "screen" 16:9, or is there a different reason. I was looking forward to co-oping with my brother on a 19" tv, but I felt like I was missing stuff on a 26" today.

I still need to go back and play by myself so I can really appreciate the graphics and get a feel for it. Can't wait for the PS3 demo so I can try it on a system that I actually own.

Neiteio

Oh, I should've mentioned that I'm looking forward to co-op on a 42". I think on a screen that big splitscreen should work fine. They really ought to consider smaller sets, though. Maybe put in an option for a scalable camera, letting the user decide how close to view the action. Or maybe offer an alternate HUD that takes up less screen space.

Hrm.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I was able to play the split-screen just fine on a 19" LCD TV. Surprisingly easily actually, thank HD resolutions for that. :)

Neiteio

I'm just ecstatic splitscreen's in there, period. Splitscreen Warhawk has been the most enjoyable experience this gen for me. It's a shame more games don't use splitscreen these days, which is why it's great RE5 will have it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Is the demo officially unplayable now?
Im getting a "cant play" with both the downloaded version and the dvd version.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Capcom US had no idea the demo was being corrupted :lol

After confirming the issue on multiple consoles, WorthPlaying attempted to contact both Capcom and Microsoft for comment.

Chris Kramer, Senior Director of communications and community at Capcom said that Capcom US was aware that players outside Japan had downloaded the demo, but was very surprised to hear about the corruption issue. He assured us that it was not something that was planned or done at the request of Capcom US.

"This is the first that Capcom US has heard of the issue. We are looking into it with Microsoft and Capcom Japan and will have an update in 24 hours or less," said Kramer.

He also let us know that plans were in place to officially release the demo in the US and Europe and that Capcom would soon be making an announcement regarding the release timeline.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=58211

wenis said:
Is the demo officially unplayable now?
Im getting a "cant play" with both the downloaded version and the dvd version.
If you stay signed out of Xbox Live, you'll be able to play it.

At least, that's what worked for me, yesterday.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It'll be interesting seeing what Capcom US's next statement regarding this will be.

Would a "we're sorry, here, download the demo on the US marketplace" be too much to ask? :lol

Zeliard

Dark FaZe said:
I've heard some shit about the game being censored in the demo. Is there any confirmation to that?

Doesn't show any decapitations and such, but that's probably due to it being the Japanese version. RE4 was the same way. The American version of RE5 will likely be uncensored.

Anyone know if RE5 will support system link play? As in, I'm willing to drag my 1080i CRT over to a friends house, carry it in, and play all launch day in order to avoid split screen headaches and lag.

Hmm.. for that matter, do PS3's even link with each other for local play?

Sectus

Thrakier said:
Does this also work for a DVD? And I have to disconnect from live before?
Yes, CD or DVD is supposed to work just fine (DVD apparently works better since the 360 reads from DVDs faster than CDs). People are saying that the demo will become unplayable (even from cd/dvd) if you're online, so just stay disconnected while playing the demo to be on the safe side.

bumpkin

slasher_thrasher21 said:
In case anyone missed the new viral marketing webpage/video...

http://www.residentevil.com/5/kijuju/index.php?fbid=xQeLq_-8_J0#

But any word back from Capcom concerning the corrupted demo?
No idea, but odds are the response will be a PR-friendly version of "too damn bad." I mean after all, the demo wasn't intended for anyone outside of Japan to download and play.

I can say that if you make sure to sign out of your profile, you can play the demo without it ending up corrupted. It basically prompts you asking if you realize you can't play online without being signed in. If you ignore/cancel it, you basically just see the online co-op option grayed out. The single player and local co-op still work.

If Capcom announced a US demo is coming soon, I'll be very grateful. If Capcom packages a demo with RE: Degeneration on Blu-Ray, I'll buy the damn thing...Just give me a legit means of getting the demo in North American and I'll do it. Just make it happen dammit!

ArtOfLife

Neo Member
ToyMachine228 said:
If Capcom announced a US demo is coming soon, I'll be very grateful. If Capcom packages a demo with RE: Degeneration on Blu-Ray, I'll buy the damn thing...Just give me a legit means of getting the demo in North American and I'll do it. Just make it happen dammit!

I was hoping for this too; Square Enix seem to be making this move with Advent Children and FFXIII, and it'd be great if Capcom did the same with the Degeneration Blu-ray. I'll be buying it anyway, but a RE5 demo would surely secure quite a few more sales from those who aren't convinced on the movie but can't wait for the game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ArtOfLife said:
I was hoping for this too; Square Enix seem to be making this move with Advent Children and FFXIII, and it'd be great if Capcom did the same with the Degeneration Blu-ray. I'll be buying it anyway, but a RE5 demo would surely secure quite a few more sales from those who aren't convinced on the movie but can't wait for the game.
I think that's a terrible idea. I don't want to have to pay for a demo. Demoes should be free, the fact that Square is making their fans pay for FFXIII's is despicable.

ToyMachine228 said:
I think the op says the demo is out next month in the US.

ArtOfLife

Neo Member
Rez>You said:
I think that's a terrible idea. I don't want to have to pay for a demo. Demoes should be free, the fact that Square is making their fans pay for FFXIII's is despicable.

Yeah, it is annoying that Square won't just release it for free on the PSN/Live. And I suppose they don't really have any excuse now in the days of downloadable console demos. Konami got away with it when they released ZOE and the MGS2 demo, and Square with the FFXII demo in Dragon Quest VIII, but really there is no excuse in this day and age for them not to just provide it on the PSN for free like most other developers do. I can't see Square Enix doing that any time soon though.

With Capcom though, the fact that demo exists already on a free service, albeit only the Japanese one, says to me that they really should provide it to the rest of us. The news seems to be that they are going to do just that soon, which is thankful. If they had no plans for a free demo whatsoever though, I suppose one on a bonus disc would've been better than nothing at all (although a rather cheeky way of making money).

Sectus

Damnit, my demo just went corrupt all of a sudden, it's been some days since I tried it and I haven't been online with the demo so I don't know how it happened.

Blader

Demo still works, you just have to be signed out of Live. If you're signed onto XBL, the demo won't launch.

In case anyone was still having problems.

Zyzyxxz

ArtOfLife said:

Don't bother. That movie is so ridiculously bad I dont feel bad for watching it via the inproper channels.

big_z

Zyzyxxz said:
Don't bother. That movie is so ridiculously bad I dont feel bad for watching it via the inproper channels.

some horrible character models in that movie too(tranny surprise?) and they ruined leon completely.

bumpkin

boutrosinit said:
My demo also does not work any more. Do I have to be offline?
Same thing here. After word of the corruptions, I made sure I was signed out of Live when I played the demo. It worked just fine. Of course I went to play the demo last night and it was gone; checked my memory settings and it says "corrupted." Apparently MS are sneakier than we think. So lame.

RBH

So it looks like the link that allows you to put the demo file onto a burned DVD is now dead.

Shit, guess I have to wait for the US demo release now. :(

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
RBH said:
So it looks like the link that allows you to put the demo file onto a burned DVD is now dead.

Shit, guess I have to wait for the US demo release now. :(

yeah I just tried it and it doesn't work :(

but I burned it to a disc from data I had before and 360 says it can't launch :*(

nightez

Banned
Zeliard said:
I don't think you have to basically cripple the player's movement to elevate tension. Not being able to move while aiming is also jarring from a visual standpoint. You have this huge, muscular guy you're controlling, but he can't move an inch forward while holding up a pistol?
In real life people stand still when aiming and shooting.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Neiteio said:
I'm just ecstatic splitscreen's in there, period. Splitscreen Warhawk has been the most enjoyable experience this gen for me. It's a shame more games don't use splitscreen these days, which is why it's great RE5 will have it.
me too.
I don't think I'll buy it otherwise. If I can't play a game with my wife, I rarely play it.

Top Bottom