• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 Demo Thread (Players list, scores, etc.)

DrBo42

I just found this thread today...how did I miss out on this. Anyway, downloading the 5 part rar and giving it a shot. Are all the interface screens in Japanese?

DrBo42 said:
I just found this thread today...how did I miss out on this. Anyway, downloading the 5 part rar and giving it a shot. Are all the interface screens in Japanese?

No, the demo has various languages, so they will appear in English.

DrBo42

Just got through playing it. I'm sad that there don't seem to be new impact animations on the enemy AI/death animations. Also, is there no quick swap option for weapons? The interface is less clunky than the briefcase setup, but it bums me out that I still have to hit A twice to equip when it's open. Other than that, can't wait.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DrBo42 said:
Just got through playing it. I'm sad that there don't seem to be new impact animations on the enemy AI/death animations. Also, is there no quick swap option for weapons? The interface is less clunky than the briefcase setup, but it bums me out that I still have to hit A twice to equip when it's open. Other than that, can't wait.
whatever weapon is in the top, left, right or bottom spot in your inventionary can be quick selected on the d-pad. :)

DrBo42

Ahaha, figures. I don't remember seeing that listed anywhere. Thank you, that will make my next playthrough much better.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I would, if my 360 wasn't currently getting repaired. I would like to see how the net code holds up and how it handles lag for me if I try and join a US game. It was fine when I tried connecting with fellow Australians.

RBH

The demo should be released in about 3 hours provided that it follows the normal trend of demos going up at 5 am est.

Link

The Autumn Wind
RBH said:
The demo should be released in about 3 hours provided that it follows the normal trend of demos going up at 5 am est.
Tempting, but I think I'll just grab it in the morning.

Nemesis_

Even though I've played it and I know it'll be the same. I'm still just as excited as when the Japanese demo came out =P

ZeoVGM

Banned
Downloading now, but I had to do it manually. I added it to my queue through Xbox.com, but when I turned it on and went to my active downloads it said "assigned to other console".

Now I recently bought an Elite and used a memory unit to transfer everything over. But how do I fix it so that doesn't happen again?

Also, without that problem, would it download to my Xbox even if it's off? Like the Wii does?

Nemesis_

Dunno if it's just me, but I noticed less tearing.

Though, would running it off my 360 hard drive make a difference compared to running it off a DVD, which I was doing before?

USD

Hmm, with the US demo out now (don't know if it's on the Marketplace, but it's on Xbox.com) I thought I'd be able to join games without worrying about disconnections. Guess not. But I want to play as Sheva. :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
S1kkZ said:
does the us demo have more blood/ gore?
the japanese demo looked censored to me (chainsaw attack).
I think I remember reading that the game doesn't actually show decaps. :(

Is the demo up in Europe as well? (I notice it mentions Germany - or lack of - but I don't follow demo threads or anything to know if demo's are typically WW releases).

ZeoVGM

Banned
Holy crap this game is fantastic. I haven't decided which control scheme I like the most though. What are you guys using?

Either way, controls are fine. Can't believe anyone was bitching about them before.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
omg rite said:
Holy crap this game is fantastic. I haven't decided which control scheme I like the most though. What are you guys using?

Either way, controls are fine. Can't believe anyone was bitching about them before.
I prefer the standard RE4 control scheme. Like I said in another thread, when you're using the Gears control scheme your left thumb is left idling on the left thumb stick, whereas with RE4 controls your left thumb moves the stick it was using second earlier for general movement for the aiming, and the right thumb handles the shooting.

It just feels right, and helps negate the whole "oh, I can't move" thing.

I think that I'll probably end up using the control scheme that mixes strafing and the traditional RE4 aiming (Type B or C, I forgot which one). I like being able to look around the environments in strafing mode. ;)

At approximately 7am this morning a viral demo was downloaded to my xbox via the North American high command station at....

WTF I'm downloading the RESIDENT EVIL DEMO oh sooooo happy can't wait to come home from work.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could play with some of you guys now. Damn RROD. :/

ZeoVGM

Banned
Rez>You said:
I prefer the standard RE4 control scheme. Like I said in another thread, when you're using the Gears control scheme your left thumb is left idling on the left thumb stick, whereas with RE4 controls your left thumb moves the stick it was using second earlier for general movement for the aiming, and the right thumb handles the shooting.

It just feels right, and helps negate the whole "oh, I can't move" thing.

I think that I'll probably end up using the control scheme that mixes strafing and the traditional RE4 aiming (Type B or C, I forgot which one). I like being able to look around the environments in strafing mode. ;)

Yeah, same here. I just played around with all 4 schemes. Since you stop running when you shoot, it feels weird to then start using the right analog stick. Doesn't feel right for a game like this. And yeah, that one is C.

Kevtones

Not very stoked about these controls, particularly the inventory management. Makes me wish for the safety screen of previous titles. Gotta' say the Wii control for RE4 feels much better than this.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Kevtones said:
Not very stoked about these controls, particularly the inventory management. Makes me wish for the safety screen of previous titles. Gotta' say the Wii control for RE4 feels much better than this.

If you liked RE4, there's no reason to complain about the controls in RE5. Really.

What do you mean the inventory management though? What's wrong with it?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Personally I really like that you're not taken out of the action to manage your inventionary. I will miss tetris in an attache case, but it couldn't have possibly worked because a) it's an online game, b) it has a system whereby you're not taken out of the game, and c) it's a game where you have to trade items with a partner, doing so with items of a set size would be clunky.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Rez>You said:
Personally I really like that you're not taken out of the action to manage your inventionary. I will miss tetris in an attache case, but it couldn't have possibly worked because a) it's an online game, b) it has a system whereby you're not taken out of the game, and c) it's a game where you have to trade items with a partner, doing so with items of a set size would be clunky.

Oh wow, they took out that style of menu system?

I think I might end up missing that. : (

But it's understandable.

Kevtones

omg rite said:
If you liked RE4, there's no reason to complain about the controls in RE5. Really.

What do you mean the inventory management though? What's wrong with it?

I've become completely accustomed to the RE4Wii controls, which feel leagues better and smoother. My first go-round in the demo was awful (I was struggling), and I've played through RE4 9 times (3 Cube, 5 Wii, 1 PS2)... I also wasn't feeling the grenade controls.

I'm thinking Resident Evil 5 actually might've worked better as a single-player game. Or they could've given it a better safe-screen/inventory place. I really don't like it's setup in 5 thus far.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Kevtones said:
I've become completely accustomed to the RE4Wii controls, which feel leagues better and smoother.

Kind of hard to hold that against a game on a system without a motion control pointer.

Poona

omg rite said:
Downloading now, but I had to do it manually. I added it to my queue through Xbox.com, but when I turned it on and went to my active downloads it said "assigned to other console".

Now I recently bought an Elite and used a memory unit to transfer everything over. But how do I fix it so that doesn't happen again?

Probably need to use the licence transfer on all your previous DLC.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Top Bottom