• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock (not the sequel) coming to PS3? Edit: Confirmed, Fall 08

DuckRacer

pswii60 said:
Wow, like three completely separate confirmations in an hour! An embargo must be lifted.

As for Rayne S - he's redeemed! So maybe Fallout 3 will be a PS3 timed exclusive after all.
Actually, he had his little list of rumors with categories (true, unconfirmed, "fell flat", etc) in my thread and he essentially said his F3 rumor "fell flat". After all the denials and the continued "360/PC/PS3 Day 1!!!11" pimpage by Bethesda it's safe to say that isn't true. Or whatever.

I do find it a little interesting how Surfer Girl's (R.I.P.) eating a shitload of crow now.
3) Contrary to what the EGM section of gossip that was definitely told to them by insiders and that totally was not taken from the buffet of blogs including this one and a smorgasbord of message boards (sorry, had to do it), BioShock is still not coming to PS3 nor is there plans for a PS3 version of its sequel (extremely unlikely, as one in Redmond says they were only joking when they said they were joking that Microsoft paid for exclusivity rights and one in the Bay Area says the amount work it would take to develop a PS3 version is a "distraction" that would put too much stress on an already brief, crunch-filled development cycle).
lol.

BeeDog

I really wonder what drove them to decide to release this on the PS3. Anyone interested in this game would most likely have found a way to play it till now.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Duck said:
Actually, he had his little list of rumors with categories (true, unconfirmed, "fell flat", etc) in my thread and he essentially said his F3 rumor "fell flat". After all the denials and the continued "360/PC/PS3 Day 1!!!11" pimpage by Bethesda it's safe to say that isn't true. Or whatever.

I do find it a little interesting how Surfer Girl's (R.I.P.) eating a shitload of crow now.

lol.

Bwahaha! But RIP Surfer Girl? Is she gone?

Rlan

Duck said:

Bet they weren't thinking about doing a port BEFORE EA charged in gung ho though :|

Spend more money = too expensive to buy. The such-and-such pill effect I think it was called. Same thing Ubisoft did with EA's 11% and Assasins Creed.

pswii60

Duck said:

lol.
She'll have to come back now and redeem herself!

Walshicus

Anasui Kishibe said:
fantastic game, now those with shit PCs and PS3 users only can experience this really great game

don't listen to the haters, Bioshock is impressive

Impressive? Yes. A good game? I don't think so. But I've exhausted all my interest in pushing that point back after its original release.

Rezbit said:
What is an exclusive? A miserable little pile of secrets!
all third party exclusives are only timed. all of them. a later port may not be lucrative, or that time frame may be pretty long... but there is no such thing as a real third party exclusive.

no one would sign an exclusivity contract that didn't ever expire.

Buy two copies if port is good. This is motherfucking awesome game. You will never forget this experience if you don't do speed run and stop to look around and listen.

I'd appreciate it if they maybe added some extra stuff like weapons or plasmids, I'd be willing to give the game a second chance then.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Duck said:
She shut down her blog almost a month ago.

Huh, had no idea. Good.

Sir Fragula said:
Impressive? Yes. A good game? I don't think so. But I've exhausted all my interest in pushing that point back after its original release.

The one thing that worries me (which was fixed with a patch) is the unlimited continues and the enemies having persistent life even after you die. That's a major game breaker for me.

plagiarize said:
all third party exclusives are only timed. all of them. a later port may not be lucrative, or that time frame may be pretty long... but there is no such thing as a real third party exclusive.

What about Dead Rising?

kenta

Has no PEINS
pswii60 said:
Wow, like three completely separate confirmations in an hour! An embargo must be lifted.

As for Rayne S - he's redeemed! So maybe Fallout 3 will be a PS3 timed exclusive after all.
Mind me asking what the other two confirmations were? I'm not seeing anything particularly juicy on the first page

And this is fantastic news, I never played the original but was always enamored by watching videos. If it's a good port I'm absolutely there

atomico

cool. I always wanted to play Bioshock... but I just can't picture the ps3 port of such a graphically complex game being good (hope I'm wrong, though)

Chemo

DevilWillcry said:
What about Dead Rising?
This is the last fucking piece in the puzzle of my now 360-less gaming setup.

Dead Rising and BioShock were the only two ports I needed... one more to go. Come on, Capcom.

h3ro

atomico said:
cool. I always wanted to play Bioshock... but I just can't picture the ps3 port of a UE3 game being good (hope I'm wrong, though)

is that what you meant :p because if it isn't, the Uncharted Defense Force is incoming...

Roland said:
I'll buy it again if it comes with another Big Daddy.

Didn't think about that. I got the PC version with no Big Daddy, so I might pick it up again if they do include one in a special edition.

Rezbit said:
What is an exclusive? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Awesome.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
kenta said:
Mind me asking what the other two confirmations were? I'm not seeing anything particularly juicy on the first page

991.JPG

klee123

plagiarize said:

Western developers, definitely, but not so much with Japanese devs.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Will buy as soon as its released :)

Chemo said:
This is the last fucking piece in the puzzle of my now 360-less gaming setup.

Dead Rising and BioShock were the only two ports I needed... one more to go. Come on, Capcom.

I agree with you completely, I really loved Dead Rising. I would love to play it on my ps3 :(

DCharlie

Banned
safebet, i like how you are accusing people of apparantly doing something that you seem to have done last year :

Bioshock not worth buying....
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8517445&postcount=83

... which was previously an AAA title and how DARE MS use those to tie us to shoddy hardware.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7553836&postcount=82

also - i note you complain about the lenght of the game, yet your profile shows you havent finished it....

weird!

infact... you didnt even get to the twist (you lack that achievement) so... err... why exactly would you want to comment on Bioshock?

(baffled)

kenta

Has no PEINS
chubigans said:
I must be missing something. I see Bioshock PS3 confirmation, what two other things are confirmed on that cover?

Edit: And I meant "first page" of the forum

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
This is very good news but I'm really not looking forward to the fanboy wars comparing the 2 versions (360vsPS3) come september, I can feel 360 users waiting in the shadows ready to pounce with comparison shots :-(.

Mau ®

OMFG!!!!
OMFG!!!!
OMFG!!!!
YES!!!!
YES!!!!
YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Seriously Ive been waiting too long for this shit to happen. When I loaded up GAF I thought "will this be the day Bioshock PS3 is confirmed?" :D :D

atomico

h3ro said:
is that what you meant :p because if it isn't, the Uncharted Defense Force is incoming...

Uncharted was originally developed for PS3. I meant PC/360 ---> PS3 ports, e.g. Lost Planet, Orange Box...

lowrider007 said:
This is very good news but I'm really not looking to the fanboy wars comparing the 2 versions (360vsPS3) come september, I can feel 360 users waiting in the shadows ready to pounce with comparison shots :-(.

ofcourse the fall 08 version will look better in the time they have taken to develop this, but im sure bioshock 2 will look the same

RBH

I'm glad for PS3 owners. It's a terrific game that deserves to be experienced by as many people as possible.

WrikaWrek

Banned
DCharlie said:
safebet, i like how you are accusing people of apparantly doing something that you seem to have done last year :

Bioshock not worth buying....
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8517445&postcount=83

... which was previously an AAA title and how DARE MS use those to tie us to shoddy hardware.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7553836&postcount=82

also - i note you complain about the lenght of the game, yet your profile shows you havent finished it....

weird!

infact... you didnt even get to the twist (you lack that achievement) so... err... why exactly would you want to comment on Bioshock?

(baffled)

Bail out

stuntdog.gif

Top Bottom