• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock (not the sequel) coming to PS3? Edit: Confirmed, Fall 08

soldat7

pswii60 said:
Yes, it was a killer title. In August 2007.

Once a killer title, always a killer title. Just like Okami. It doesn't matter that the game is ported over much later, it's still a must-play game.

Paranoid_Robot said:
Well, it's definitely up there and I'm not happy, or sad. I don't care, already played it :p I just want to know what they're going to do for a sequel.
I am still very skeptical that any kind of sequel or prequel would be even close to as entertaining. The original felt like a complete vision to me.
soldat7 said:
Once a killer title, always a killer title. Just like Okami. It doesn't matter that the game is ported over much later, it's still a must-play game.
Damn straight.

Pojo

Banned
RE4 levels of betrayal going on here. Only this time, I welcome it instead of begrudgingly accepting it since I am a Wii/PS3 owner this gen. :p

a Master Ninja said:
I am still very skeptical that any kind of sequel or prequel would be even close to as entertaining. The original felt like a complete vision to me.

I agree. It was a very well condensed and perfected pulp experience. I'm not sure playing through the things that were hinted at in the atmosphere of the game will be as fun. They work better as these lost transmissions from the dead.

gkryhewy

Great for PS3-only owners! I've yet to play this on 360, but it's on my list.

There is no exclusive but a timed exclusive this gen, from a 3rd Party standpoint - if there's any chance a port will sell, it will be made.

I expect we'll see a few sacred cow exclusives going MP in both directions. It's the only way 'HD console + HD console + PC' > Wii works financially.

"PS3 sucks

Id actualy take a Wii over it, and the Wiis just sad.....

this is probly a resault of the EA takover since EA produses games for all systems always, unless its made by the maxis team Down with EA"

Man ... that dude has some serious hate going on there. :lol

Xisiqomelir said:
BTW, for the sake of keeping stupidity outside GAF instead of creating our own, there are many bitter tears at the 2KG forums:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17621

hahaha meltdowns galore.

So the PS3 will have improved graphics over my beloved Xbox 360?!

Bull! Now when I play Bioshock 2 on my 360, I will be like, I could be playing this with much better graphics than this. And my game experience will go down hill with it. This suks worse than a vacuum cleaner.

:lol

Pojo said:
RE4 levels of betrayal going on here. Only this time, I welcome it instead of begrudgingly accepting it since I am a Wii/PS3 owner this gen. :p

Not until 360 fans start calling for the murder of 2K employees.

McLovin

Fenderputty said:
"PS3 sucks

Id actualy take a Wii over it, and the Wiis just sad.....

this is probly a resault of the EA takover since EA produses games for all systems always, unless its made by the maxis team Down with EA"

Man ... that dude has some serious hate going on there. :lol
I wonder if he'll make it to member status?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I wonder if they will release it at $60. In all likelihood, the X360 version could be on shelves by then as a $29.99 Platinum Hits. Hard to justify paying $60 for a $30 game.

Xisiqomelir said:
"Your plane crashes" is all the backstory I had. I guess I'm out of this thread.

I would stay far, far away from anything BioShock since the expiration on spoilers has probably passed for most people, and you don't want to be fucking spoiled before you play this game.

Xisiqomelir said:
BTW, for the sake of keeping stupidity outside GAF instead of creating our own, there are many bitter tears at the 2KG forums:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17621

BenjaminBirdie, can you spoiler that please?

Uh, what? That when you get to Rapture it's past its prime? I wasn't referring to any specific character. It's part of the previewed game concept. You pick up recordings throughout the game of Rapture's inhabitants.

I already played the game, it's fucking excellent so needless to say PS3 only gamers are lucky this has been ported. I love the presentation of this game. Fucking. love. it.

WrikaWrek said:
Finally, something worth being played on the Ps3.

j/k :lol :p
Pathetic as always. I agree with krypt0nian.

Nafai1123

Banned
Good news for ps3 only owners. I have yet to play it and look forward to it. To anyone that has played the game, do the moral choices you need to make have anywhere near the impact of those made in GTA4? The decisions I'm forced to make in that game have haunted my dreams...

Kyoufu said:
You fail at reading. He was quoting a post from the 2kG forums....

Was I that vague? :lol

I'm super stoked about this. I don't have a PC and only own a PS3. Money is tight and the GF would kill me if a bought a second console while saving for a house.

Although ... this is just one more chunk out of my pocket this year. I'll have to do a sneak pick-up.

Nafai1123 said:
Good news for ps3 only owners. I have yet to play it and look forward to it. To anyone that has played the game, do the moral choices you need to make have anywhere near the impact of those made in GTA4? The decisions I'm forced to make in that game have haunted my dreams...

It's not really like that, but don't get yourself spoiled by asking too much. I can guarantee that you will have at least one impactful decision in the game, and the rest depends upon you.

markom58

Neo Member
In the Top 10 games I played in 2007. Good news for PS3 only owner,
although they got it already played it with their PC already amirite :D

Zophar

I was a little disappointed with Bioshock, but this is good news nonetheless for 2k and PS3 owners. If they release it as a budget title I'll probably pick it up but seeing as the game has so little replay value in its current state I'm hesitant to even buy it for the 360 and its low prices.

Now, if Mass Effect got a PS3 port, I'd be all over that. Make it happen EA!

Kyoufu

I'd only want a Mass Effect port if its the PC version, not the 360 version.

This needs to be budget title though. Can't see anyone paying full-price for a year old game thats available for less on 2 other platforms.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
speculawyer said:
This is a rumor that refuses to die.

I'm pretty sure the answer is "no". MS paid a bunch of money for it to be exclusive.
So much for clairvoyance.

watership said:
This basically confirms that the sequel is multi-platform.

One of the main reasons I would be picking it up. I mean ... besides the fact that I've heard little to nothing bad about it. I've heard the second iteration of the game would be a prequel and I wouldn't want to miss out on the story.

Top Bottom