• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection - Announcement Trailer

SilentRob

Never played Bioshock, so I'm mildly interested. Though I've never heard good things about 2 or Infinite. Then again I heard praise for Infinite the first few weeks and then suddenly all I saw was hate.

This happens to literally every big game loved by reviewers on GAF. Don't let that dissuade you. Bioshock Infinite is amazing and a master class in storytelling, the whole series is one of the most important, cherished video game franchises of all time. Try it!

I found these games to be some of the most over rated of all time especially Bioshock Infnite, but good for those willing to re-play.

Melchiah

Countless fans have asked for this since the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One arrived – and we listened! Working with Blind Squirrel Games, we’ve remastered BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC making them look better than ever*. BioShock: The Collection brings the three titles together for the first time, complete with all single-player DLC** and a never-before-seen video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” which includes insights from Ken Levine – over $100 of content – for only $59.99. It’s a circus of values!

While I do agree, that it has a great amount of content to offer, I don't really want to pay 60€ for a content I've already experienced. Let alone, that I don't really want to play through the whole trilogy again, just parts of it. So, I guess I'll be waiting for a price drop.

EDIT:

Good to hear!

Finally-! I can't wait to return to Rapture, and dev commentary is a fun addition. I'm also looking forward to Vanguard-ing my way through Infinite again, good times.

ETA: 60 fps, wahoo!

Never played Bioshock, so I'm mildly interested. Though I've never heard good things about 2 or Infinite. Then again I heard praise for Infinite the first few weeks and then suddenly all I saw was hate.

If you've never heard good things about Infinite, you must've avoided all Bioshock threads on GAF. The reactions for the game are overwhelmingly positive. It's a fantastic game. And the spoiler thread for it was one of the best threads I've ever seen on GAF. So many details in that OP. People are just disappointed because the game could've been so much more. It didn't do all the things it promised to do. It's still a damn good action shooter.

strafer

Walking around Columbia at the start is probably one of my favorite moments in the series.

The art direction. The music. The ambience.

Love it.

jediyoshi

Waiting for the inevitable comparison video like the one that was done for the Batman: Return to Arkham collection.

Considering they'd have to go more out of their way to then fuck things up, the very base line of just upres-ing textures like what's indicative of the trailer is pretty straight forward.

Burial at Sea kind of came and went, but I really encourage people to play through it if they haven't. It's much more core to the series and is not at all a "side story" like Minerva's Den.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Even though I own all of the games (just missing the Minerva's Den DLC), this is a very good deal, everyone who hasn't touched a Bioshock game or doesn't have a PC, do yourself a favor and buy this.

The 2nd one is better gameplay-wise than the 1st. Its only downside is, that it's a sequel, and therefore lacks the impact of its predecessor. Minerva's Den DLC is also fantastic.

Wonder if it would be better to jump right into the second game without replaying the first then? Perhaps a good amount of time between the two games will help out with that.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I can already see a new Bioshock being announced next year. 2K is preparing the ground for it.

ChaosXVI

Well I'm totally down...but September feels like a month where something else is coming out that I'm somehow forgetting.

Anyone willing to give a quick rundown of major September releases?

strafer

Nice.

ey5sF6s.png

E92 M3

Bioshock 1 is one of my all-time favorite games (the universe and characters are just unbeaten in many regards). Cannot fucking wait.

Genio88

"Free PC upgrades for Bioshock 1,2 and Minerva's Den" does that mean that my Bioshock 1 on Steam will get update to the remastered version for free? if that's true it's awesome, that's the one i wanna replay

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
My reaction:

iasip-dance.gif

Can't wait, best series of the previous gen

For a second I thought it was just bioshock and infinite

See developers , if you include every game in the franchise for a remaster I'd be more interested in buying it

Unlike Arkham Origins, Bioshock 2 is a fantastic game in it's own right that stands shoulder to shoulder with the other 2 games in the series. It also does not have a tonne of bugs, broken combat and isn't set in a barren copy/paste of the previous game's map.

haveheart

Banned
Would be better with some goodies in a collectors box...

I'll definitely get that but I really don't like the box art. Kind of lazy just mashing everything in on picture

Wonder how much of an upgrade the PC version will be compared to the originals. Played through 1 recently on PC and even maxed out it still looked dated. Wonder if they will re do the textures on it.

Top Bottom