• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioWare to announce how they're going to address ME: Andromeda on April 4th

What was your favorite video game disaster relief program?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingParappa

Neo Member
http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/04/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-05-notes/

Improved tutorial placement

Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression

Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO

Fixed various collision issues

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs

Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times

Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save

Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose

Fixes issues related to some saves

Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Streaming and stability improvements

No word yet on when these tweaks will go live, or to what degree they will fix some of the issues listed in the patch notes.

Parapraxis

What's the DLC schedule like? I mean, I'm so backlogged now as it is I may wait for the inevitable "complete" edition this winter.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I just don't understand how they can fix all the horribly animated faces and dead eyes with a patch, has that happened before? Like a complete overhaul?

The question would be why couldn't they fix it, the way everyone animates in the first place was created, there's no reason they couldn't change that. We know from other games that animations are done different depending on how they want it to look, Uncharted for instance edit all their recorded animation by hand afterwards to get what they want, I believe a number of other games can be done automatically to try and mimic what it thinks the mouth position is for an audio file.

It really comes down to how much time they want to put into it, they obviously didn't put enough effort or time into animations before shipping it, that or they didn't have enough time and they put their resources elsewhere. Patches can fix pretty much anything these days, it's never been easier to fix games, it just comes down to time and resources to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom