• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday $30 1y PS+ deal confirmed for Amazon, GS, BB, TRU, Walmart, & Fry's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borman

Got my code from Gamestop but it won't redeem on PSN. I tried 3 ways:

1 - PC via website - This code cannot be redeemed on the website
2 - PS4 - Says it's a 12-Year PS+, then craps out when I hit next with an error code
3 - Vita - Loses connection to Server error when I get to the same place.

Same here, not going to worry until the morning.

McDougles

So the only way for Canadians to pick up PS+ is to get it through PlayStation themselves at 3 AM ET? I have to be up at 6:30!

Nice, got them off Groupon.

Not sure why you guys are buying off GameStop. I'd recommend Groupon over GameStop, just a heads up. No tax.

When's the last time PSN did the "buy 12 months, get three free" for PS+? If it's an annual thing (like every spring, for example), I might save the code I buy from Amazon later.

Ok, so if I have $14 trade-in credit, could I apply that to the code and the pay the $16 with my card? I get the feeling that the website didn't acknowledge my trade-in credit because it didn't mention it on the order summary page.

Joeku

I'd have been able to go to bed and be okay if Gamestop took my Canadian credit card for my "American" address. Oh well, guess I wait for Amazon. Still worth the $20 off when I have no work tomorrow.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Got my code from Gamestop but it won't redeem on PSN. I tried 3 ways:

1 - PC via website - This code cannot be redeemed on the website
2 - PS4 - Says it's a 12-Year PS+, then craps out when I hit next with an error code
3 - Vita - Loses connection to Server error when I get to the same place.
1 is normal. 2 and 3 could be cause the store is getting hammered. Wait till morning.

Quick question about the PSN digital code. Do I have to enter it in now on my PSN account? Or can I wait for my 30 day free trial to expire and then enter it in?
You can wait.

Little off topic but is there any info on The Last of Us being $20 or less on Black Friday?
It was $25 at Amazon earlier today (retail iirc). I don't think it'll go lower than that cause the BF price Sony is advertising is $40.

When's the last time PSN did the "buy 12 months, get three free" for PS+? If it's an annual thing (like every spring, for example), I might save the code I buy from Amazon later.
The last promo ran from Jan to March. I want to say it's an annual offer they run one year after the last promo ended, but I'm not 100%.

Finally got PSN to accept the code. The store seems snappy but it appears the server that handles these pre-paid activations may be getting hammered.

Quick question about the PSN digital code. Do I have to enter it in now on my PSN account? Or can I wait for my 30 day free trial to expire and then enter it in?

You can certainly wait but I think it doesn't matter. If you put the code in now it will only extend your existing subscription.

Damn... is there a way to buy a ps+ code with a black friday discount anywhere? I'm not from US btw.

Gamestop now, Amazon later.

Finally able to get through on Gamestop. They still haven't emailed the code though. :/

The code should have appeared on the order complete screen toward the lower-left. You don't have to wait for the email, which just directs you back to your order history on the site anyway.

DukeSucks

Had to work tonight, sister picked me one up at walmart, then I drove across the street to gamestop after work at 1:30 am and got another one. Seemed to have plenty. Two coworkers went with me, one got the last xbone and the other got the last ps4, so we were all happy.

It's supposed to give you a code when you complete your order. Or at least that's the way mine worked.

I bought 2 PSN cards no problem. The third one came up with a message that they have to review my order and it could take 12 hrs. I am pissed. I used a gift card so I could buy PS+ from PSN

PrinceKee

Ordered it from GameStop. How long did it take for GameStop to send the code? My order doesn't even show up in my order history...

Sushen

Gamestop tried to charge me for tax, and BB didn't. No need to worry about waiting til 12am. Good night

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The code should have appeared on the order complete screen toward the lower-left. You don't have to wait for the email, which just directs you back to your order history on the site anyway.

Yeah, it showed up blank and it says they have to "review my order".

All this for a PS+ sub...

Got 8 cards (2 from BB, 2 from TRU, 4 from two GS). Will get two more from Amazon in an hour

And Gamestop did charge tax in-store so you've been warned.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Got 8 cards (2 from BB, 2 from TRU, 4 from two GS). Will get two more from Amazon in an hour

ibcgDQmD28eU04.png

I already bought a 1 year of PS+ on the 15th and redeemed it so what if i buy another one and redeem it? would i get that extra year on top of the one i recently got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom