• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday $30 1y PS+ deal confirmed for Amazon, GS, BB, TRU, Walmart, & Fry's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think any other vita games might get better prices at 3est/12am pst? Looking at dragons crown for $30 and persona 4 for $20 wanted to atleast get something but not sure if I can stay up the extra hour......thank God its friday lol

Edit: referring to amazon black friday deals already got gs ps plus code

DoomGyver

So if I buy 2 from Amazon I get two $5 video credits AND I get the $10 promo from PSN? How does that work? Does Sony count retail codes redeemed towards the spend $60 get $10?

If so I'm going amazon, I'd be set for the entirety of the generation.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So if I buy 2 from Amazon I get two $5 video credits AND I get the $10 promo from PSN? How does that work? Does Sony count retail codes redeemed towards the spend $60 get $10?

If so I'm going amazon, I'd be set for the entirety of the generation.
Sony only counts SEN wallet cash for their SEN spend $X and get credit promos. The PS+ codes bypass the SEN wallet so they don't count. PS Credit vouchers on the other hand should work since that credit is deposited into your SEN wallet when you redeem them but I don't think Amazon is offering any extra promo credit for purchasing those.

DoomGyver

Sony only counts SEN wallet cash for their SEN spend $X and get credit promos. The PS+ codes bypass the SEN wallet so they don't count. PS Credit vouchers on the other hand should work but I don't think Amazon is offering any extra promo credit for purchasing those.

Thanks Killthee for the clarification, I had a feeling that was too good to be true. I'll edit my post so I don't confuse anyone.

how come when i pay with a gift card (which covers the full amount) gamestop still wants my credit card information? how do you get around that? it keeps saying my cc info is bad even though my gift card covers the whole price...

Sony only counts SEN wallet cash for their SEN spend $X and get credit promos. The PS+ codes bypass the SEN wallet so they don't count. PS Credit vouchers on the other hand should work since that credit is deposited into your SEN wallet when you redeem them but I don't think Amazon is offering any extra promo credit for purchasing those.

Bummer. Amazon it is. I bought a $50 PSN card from Amazon to buy NGS1 on PSN for $35. I thought I was gonna be eligible once I buy PS+ for $30. I guess not.

Killthee

How can I check to see when my current subscription is set to end?

Go here and look for a PS+ game.

Q9rT1Vf.png

Sagitario

So, if I buy 2 subscriptions from the SEN store with money from my SEN wallet, it will count and I will get $10 back?

samman6

I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice. I have never had ps plus before, and I plan on buying a ps4 soon, I currently dont have any psn id or account, and I live in europe. Would it be smart to make my main psn account American when I make my account?

So for sure PSN will have one year of Plus for $30? And if you buy two you get $10 back.

So why would any of you buy the card at a store?

Killthee

So, if I buy 2 subscriptions from the SEN store with money from my SEN wallet, it will count and I will get $10 back?
Yes. You might also want to buy some cheap item like an avatar cause two subs are technically under the $60 requirement.
If I get two years, should I enter them both at the same time? Or enter one of them after the first session expires?
I'd personally wait till the next time they run this promo if you're buying multiple subs off a third party/have an active sub already. The last time they ran that promo retail cards qualified for it so if they do it again and you have a BF code lying around you just scored 15 months for $30.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice. I have never had ps plus before, and I plan on buying a ps4 soon, I currently dont have any psn id or account, and I live in europe. Would it be smart to make my main psn account American when I make my account?

I was in the same boat. outside of the non American part as I live here.

I'd suggest sticking with a euroPSN account as your main and a secondary American one for their deals whenever they happen. Don't know if PS+ rolls over from American to European.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom