• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops III is current gen only (PS4/XB1/PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Major props to Activision for this. We love to hate on them, but this is the kind of moves that are going to push next gen adoption.

If the Sony getting CoD marketting this time around turns out to be true, then that may well end up being a giant coup.

NastyBook

lol Activision bout to drag a lot of people kicking and screaming into current gen. Gamestop to be drowning in PS3/360s this holiday.

GodofWine

Hype up...might come back to cod, loved both blops.

Hype down, until I see how batshit stupid the movement is.

Hype up, three years development.

So I'm a +1 on hype

Paz

Honest question to all those actively hating on any cross-gen game: are you mad that underpowered current gen consoles are holding back PC?

Where do you draw the line on the term 'PC'? The vast majority (as in > 99%) of PC exclusive games released in the last year would run just fine on PS4/XBone.

Nothing is 'holding back' those games fyi.

Compare this to having to design your game around 512MB RAM as just one example and yeah this comparison doesn't hold up.

Great news, but it took too damn long for publishers to say goodbye to last gen. The same process will happen again too with the next generation of consoles.

There's absolutely no way a last gen version of CoD isn't being worked on for release this fall alongside the current gen game. The Xbox 360 Advanced Warfare SKU sold the most copies at launch. Activision isn't done with 360 and PS3 yet.

nOoblet16

I said this in the other thread but I'll say it again, Advanced Warfare wasn't being held back graphically for being on PS360 as it used a different engine for those platforms. It looked damn fine graphically and even tech wise it was pretty damn advanced while maintaining a pretty slick performance.

Though we can expect bigger areas and some changes in level design now that it's current gen only.

Where do you draw the line on the term 'PC'? The vast majority (as in > 99%) of PC exclusive games released in the last year would run just fine on PS4/XBone.

Nothing is 'holding back' those games fyi.

Compare this to having to design your game around 512MB RAM as just one example and yeah this comparison doesn't hold up.

Not to mention the majority of PC players are gaming on rigs around the strength of PS4 / Xbone. Now in 3 or so years that will be a different story

If I had the press release, I'd say so. I don't have any official information from Activision; I just don't think this is true based on what I've heard.

Ah my bad Jason, sorry didn't want to put any words in your mouth. I just assumed since the reveal was today basically all the journos got press releases. My bad man

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
So with both Black Ops and Advanced Warfare going for the near future setting, what on earth differentiates them now?

FATALITY

Banned
CDhwlC2WoAAmU5x.jpg:large

Really ?

lol jaggies on truck
thats some next level of nitpicking.
gamers these days

Nvzman

So with both Black Ops and Advanced Warfare going for the near future setting, what on earth differentiates them now?
BO3 = More horizontal agility, co-op campaign, class based MP
AW = Vertical agility
So basically AW is the same old CoD stuff but with exos while BO3 is a massive departure in everything except exos (kinda).

KZObsessed

Reading the article I don't think that's really confirmation it's not coming to last gen systems. Would be good if true, as it'd move a lot of PS4s this holiday.

This is great news. Cross gen needs to die.

I got Advanced Warfare with my PS4, and to my suprise, I really enjoyed it. Might have something to do with a jump in graphics and last gen fatigue though. If there is a demo for Black OPs 3, I'll try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom