• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade: Trinity currently 32% at Rotten Tomatoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prospero

RT reviews

Summary--

--just about every review mentions Buffy in a negative way: either "They tried to make the film like that terrible show Buffy and succeeded" or "It's like Buffy, but not as good"

--Goyer apparently can't direct

--too much product placement

--not enough Snipes

--reviewers who liked Blade 1 and 2 hate it; reviewers who didn't like Blade 1 and 2 hate it or give it a backhanded positive review by saying it's more of the same.

The soundtrack might be interesting, though:

1. Fatal - The RZA
2. I Gotta Get Paid - Lil' Flip featuring Ghostface Killah & Raekwon of Wu-Tang Clan
3. When The Guns Come Out - WC, E-40 & Christ Bearer of
4. Thirsty - Old Dirty Bastard AKA Dirt McGirt and Black Keith
5. Daywalkers - Ramin Djawadi & The RZA
6. Party In The Morgue (Club Mix) - Kool Keith Presents Thee Undatakerz
7. Skylight - Overseer
8. This Blood - Black Lab
9. Bombs Away (Danny Saber Remix) - Paris Texas
10. Weapons of Mad Distortion - The Crystal Method
11. Hard Wax - Manchild
12. Blade's Back - Ramin Djwadi

Limited Edition comes with a bonus DVD with lots of extra doodads.

Just came back from seeing it and all I feel is a big "meh" inside. It's not horrible, it's not incredible. It went by quick enough and every now and then an action piece was enjoyable. I do wish Guillermo had stayed on to direct another one though....:(

Prospero

Team Rancid said:
I'll still see it this weekend. Love Blade. One of the best comic book movies ever!

I'll probably see it this weekend as well. Maybe I'll benefit from lowered expectations.

Kenobi

Yes, but how is Mr Stephannie McMahon's acting?

"You are...uh...gonna die...uh...now, uh...Blade. Arrr"

MIMIC

Banned
Hated the first.

Hated the second (basically forced to watch it after one of my friends ordered it over hotel Pay-Per-View).

I don't see what's the big deal with all this Blade hype (but that's just my opinion).

I get the impression the movie focus' heavily on Biel's & Reynolds characters for a potential spin off. They seem to be featured more prominently in the commercials and movie posters too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
A friend of mine just saw it and found it "meh" too. He said it was still worth going to see if you want to see a mindless action flick, but that it was worse than Blade 2 was.

I'm sure I'll see it anyway regardless.

Matlock said:
blade dies
why post fake spoilers?

Anyways, it was about on par with Blade 2. I quite enjoyed it overall.
I thought that the whole new crew for Blade was unneccessary and he should have just fought everyone alone :p The final battle would have been much better if they didn't keep cutting to Van Wilder and Wrestling Dude

slayn

needs to show more effort.
so if I loved Blade 1 and thought Blade 2 was a CG piece of shit... what will I think of the third one?

Lyte Edge

slayn said:
so if I loved Blade 1 and thought Blade 2 was a CG piece of shit... what will I think of the third one?

That's what I want to know.

BUT IT STARS THE GAME IT CAN'T SUCK

triple1.jpg

Isn't Ocean's 12 also opening up this weekend? Wonder how Blade is going to far against it.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I liked the first one a lot. The second one took itself less seriously, and was pretty good 'cept for the awful CG work.

My hopes aren't too high.

david goyer didnt direct, he wrote the script.

And he directed it.

dorikyasu

LinesInTheSand said:
why post fake spoilers?

Anyways, it was about on par with Blade 2. I quite enjoyed it overall.
I thought that the whole new crew for Blade was unneccessary and he should have just fought everyone alone :p The final battle would have been much better if they didn't keep cutting to Van Wilder and Wrestling Dude
Does
Van Wilder
actually manages to beat
HHH
? If he does,
WWE really needs to recruit him
. :lol

Lakitu

st5fu
Liked Blade, loved Blade II, I hope I like this, although the reviews and stuff have been underwhelming to say the least :(

Willco

Hollywood Square
The first two aren't great, I can't imagine this being worse. If it is, it is DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE YEAR fo' sho.

Lyte Edge

dorikyasu said:
Does
Van Wilder
actually manages to beat
HHH
? If he does,
WWE really needs to recruit him
. :lol

Just when Van Wilder is about to
beat down Triple H, out comes Ric Flair as Dracula, and Batista runs in and KOs Van Wilder. Then the Rock runs in and cleans house, and Blade gets the pin for the title.

Ristamar

Yeah, the first two were just alright, but I didn't have any expectations going into them. I'm sure I'll see this eventually.

"They tried to make the film like that terrible show Buffy and succeeded"

Considering I never liked Buffy, that is NOT what I want to hear.

Lyte Edge

Naked Shuriken said:
Whats with the wrestling ties-in? I hate that shit.

:lol Nothing other than Triple H having a small role in the movie as one of the evil vampires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom