• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma |OT| Simultaneous worldwide release? What's that?

ggs Shark. I've played you before and you've gotten a lot better since. I'm good to go if Lemstar or OceanBlue is now.

I didn't know the competition would be as tough as it is on GAF, I knew Roe and Rhap would be pretty much lost causes but I had no idea we had a good Bang as well. Definitely need to be grinding matches with a lot of you guys more often in preparation for 2.0. GGs

RoeBear

I didn't know the competition would be as tough as it is on GAF, I knew Roe and Rhap would be pretty much lost causes but I had no idea we had a good Bang as well. Definitely need to be grinding matches with a lot of you guys more often in preparation for 2.0. GGs

Can't wait for the overhead fakeout!!!!!!

Rhapsody

Banned
Hahaha, that was a really fun set Rhapsody. GGs dude.

4-3 in Rhaps favor.

Man, that purple command grab super. That hurt lol. I thought I got a throw reject miss.

Also don't do 360A on wakeup against Rachel. Remember it's invul starts up at frame 3.

Edit: If anyone sees me not press X to mash to the next round, I'm not salty, I'm just thinking lol

Man, that purple command grab super. That hurt lol. I thought I got a throw reject miss.

Also don't do 360A on wakeup against Rachel. Remember it's invul starts up at frame 3.

Edit: If anyone sees me not press X to mash to the next round, I'm not salty, I'm just thinking lol

Ah yeah, that thought didn't occur to me until now but I guess that tactic's been working because of online delay. Trying to learn Rachel was probably the best thing I could have done to help me with that matchup though, at the very least I went out of my way to use those guard cancels and bursts to avoid the corner as much as I could. It strikes me now that I could probably use the wind effect as a tell for whether or not you're going to be going high or low after any particular string, at the very least something like that could give me a couple extra frames to react to things at least. At the moment it's just sort of a guessing game after any 5B/5A as to whether you'll go high or low.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ah yeah, that thought didn't occur to me until now but I guess that tactic's been working because of online delay. Trying to learn Rachel was probably the best thing I could have done to help me with that matchup though, at the very least I went out of my way to use those guard cancels and bursts to avoid the corner as much as I could. It strikes me now that I could probably use the wind effect as a tell for whether or not you're going to be going high or low after any particular string, at the very least something like that could give me a couple extra frames to react to things at least. At the moment it's just sort of a guessing game after any 5B/5A as to whether you'll go high or low.

You did really well, especially with how bad that matchup can get. Made me have to play lame after rushing in so much in neutral. And I never knew how scary that guard cancel buff was. Being put right next to Tager is terrifying.
I have no idea who my opponent is(or if they even post in this thread?), but I'm around.

It's round robin, so we're not going in order. Just by who's available.

Lemstar

GGs Lem. I don't see many people utilize the 50/50 of Terumi's stomp supers, so that threw me for a loop.
It'd be lovely if Orochi A had a followup that didn't require an RC - you might as well just block high (unless you're about to die) because getting hit by it is just 2k damage, whereas Orochi B in the same situation is meter-positive and does more damage and has better frame advantage at the end.

If anything, I should be RCing 236D on block. I'm gonna blame all the shit I've forgotten about the game on Titanfall.

cj_iwakura

Sorry Disco, it's good now. My PS3 is finicky with BRs. After a dozen tries or so it reads them and is fine until I switch it off.

Lemstar

me over Mdesilva 4-0

I sent you an invite, Iwakura. Think you're the last person on today that I haven't gotten to play yet.

OceanBlue

ggs Roe! Lol, I thought I'd do okay against people since I play the game every other week, but my lack of matchup knowledge is really bad. I'm kinda questioning if I really know how to play this game :V.

Sorry I didn't respond to anyone else's invites. I'm going to get food, but I might be up for doing some more after though.

Rhapsody

Banned
4-0 against mdesilva. GGs.

I have to go now for the day, so I'll play more people tomorrow or after.

Edit: I have never played Yo Tornado. On top of hearing that he's pretty good, I'm nervous about dealing with Bang's hitbox as Rachel, haha.

Mdesilva

4-0 against mdesilva. GGs.

I have to go now for the day, so I'll play more people tomorrow or after.

Edit: I have never played Yo Tornado. On top of hearing that he's pretty good, I'm nervous about dealing with Bang's hitbox as Rachel, haha.
Yeah GGs, wasn't able to do a lot that last game since people were trying to talk to me and stuff while I was playing (but that's my fault). but I really don't know that matchup :(

RoeBear

Heh, if it makes you feel better I felt the same way. You usually jump to an early lead so I tried to play as disrespectfully as possible throw you off.

Well I wish I would have baited your super more than once. Too bad it's recovery is so fast I can't do anything even when I block it.

Why aren't you using Koko Rhap? You own with her.

Me (4)- CjIwakura (0)

Well I wish I would have baited your super more than once. Too bad it's recovery is so fast I can't do anything even when I block it.

Yeah, Ashura is pretty godlike. If you're right next to me you can punish with 5A/2A but anything else will likely require an IB since it's -7. I've taken to using it as a reactionary anti-air since it's air-unblockable and Bang is kinda weak in that area. Plus they're nerfing the hell out of 2D in 2.0 so I need to learn another option fast, haha.

ggs Busaiku. I'll be on for about another half hour if anyone else wants to play. Otherwise I'll be on again tomorrow.

Rhapsody

Banned

Why aren't you using Koko Rhap? You own with her.

Me (4)- CjIwakura (0)

I stopped learning Koko midway through 1.1, so I'm not that comfortable with the new routes.
That and the new routes I learned were hard ones I can barely do offline (fireball bounce combos are really cool).

I have around 5-6 subs, but Rachel's why I play this game, so I'm sticking with her. lol

Top Bottom