• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazeBlue: New HD2D Fighter From Arc System Works

Archie said:
Apologies for bumping this thread, but I'm trying to preorder the game from Amazon and I am only seeing the limited edition $59.99 bundle available. Wasn't there supposed to be a standard edition that was $49.99 or did I just imagine that?
Misinformation.

Game will retail for $60

LE is a free upgrade for the initial shipment, SE will come later at $60

I cant wait to play this, but I wish it had animation on the level of sf3/Kof. 2D fighters benefit so much from it...well, I guess almost every game does. Animation brings life to a game in a very special way.

FoxSpirit said:
Well, here are two nice combo videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgcQD5elWYA
Oldie but goldie with the 100% Hakumen killcombo and Taokaka's 100% super=7000-9000 damage combos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zPso9f5wPc
Very nice Noel combo video. Especially the combos which use the negative proration of 22b/22c deal a lot hefty chunk of damage.
Please explain the bolded piece to me if possible, because I didnt understand a damn word of it :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So wait... is this game one of those button smasher games where you just get into a combo and kill someone in one sweep?

Relix said:
So wait... is this game one of those button smasher games where you just get into a combo and kill someone in one sweep?

ape.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Relix said:

Think Guilty Gear.

Relix said:
No, in fact the damage reduction algorithm eventually stops dealing any damage at all if you can manage to perform a combo that long

cheesybread

Neo Member
The wait for the game is death! I'm so down with this game. I loved guilty gear and still play #reload from time to time.

SF4/BB/KOF12/MVC2

My summer is going to dump all day status

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
_dementia said:
No, in fact the damage reduction algorithm eventually stops dealing any damage at all if you can manage to perform a combo that long

A love it or hate it deal, really. But it works out for the best.

Anyway, not long now until the juicy BlazBlue sprays all over my face oh my god let me drink it

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I bought Battle Fantasia a few weeks ago and just started playing it a few nights ago. Personally, this is a fighting game right up my alley. I absolutely love it! Being BlazeBlue is by the same folks who gave us that wonderful game, I'm actually seriously considering a pre-order.

FoxSpirit

abstract alien said:
I cant wait to play this, but I wish it had animation on the level of sf3/Kof. 2D fighters benefit so much from it...well, I guess almost every game does. Animation brings life to a game in a very special way.

Please explain the bolded piece to me if possible, because I didnt understand a damn word of it :lol

Okay, proration means that with every move you chain into a combo, the damage of the next move will decrease. Each move adds a set amount of subsequent damage reduction. This makes sure that combos deal more damage than a single strike but not redering single strikes obsolete by dealing hardly any damage.

Now, occasionally there are moves with "negative proration". That means that the moves following that one will deal MORE damage.

Now in Noel's case, depending on the character and place (corner), you can do multiple repetitions of the down, down+B or C (22B/22C) move which has this property. If you manage to get 3 or 4 of them in, the increase will add up and the subsequent combo will deal a large amount of damage.

Darkmakaimura said:
I bought Battle Fantasia a few weeks ago and just started playing it a few nights ago. Personally, this is a fighting game right up my alley. I absolutely love it! Being BlazeBlue is by the same folks who gave us that wonderful game, I'm actually seriously considering a pre-order.
BB is a different beast from BF, but I can't wait for it.

Have you tried GG?

SF4 noob totally addicted to fighters now thinking of buying this and about to place amazon order: anything I should be wary about?

cheesybread

Neo Member
myDingling said:
SF4 noob totally addicted to fighters now thinking of buying this and about to place amazon order: anything I should be wary about?

I think if you're down with 2D fighters you'll enjoy it. Its similar to Guilty Gear and yet different too..

It's worth mentioning to check out http://s1.zetaboards.com/blazblue/site/ or Dustloop.com lots of great info for guides and terminologies on how the characters work and understand a grasp of the game mechanics.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
official threads are usually 1-2 weeks before game release.

The game doesn't drop in NA until June 30.

cheesybread said:
The wait for the game is death! I'm so down with this game. I loved guilty gear and still play #reload from time to time.

SF4/BB/KOF12/MVC2

My summer is going to dump all day status

Those titles make me happy that I saved a bunch of my sick days:lol

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
_dementia said:
BB is a different beast from BF, but I can't wait for it.

Have you tried GG?
I've never played any of the Guilty Gear games, although I was considered the Xbox Original DLC.

Dedication Through Light said:
We already have two topics on this game. Just make one of these an official thread

No, that's boring. We need an impressive OP with lotsa info to get some new people on board for this game.

FoxSpirit said:
Okay, proration means that with every move you chain into a combo, the damage of the next move will decrease. Each move adds a set amount of subsequent damage reduction. This makes sure that combos deal more damage than a single strike but not redering single strikes obsolete by dealing hardly any damage.

Now, occasionally there are moves with "negative proration". That means that the moves following that one will deal MORE damage.

Now in Noel's case, depending on the character and place (corner), you can do multiple repetitions of the down, down+B or C (22B/22C) move which has this property. If you manage to get 3 or 4 of them in, the increase will add up and the subsequent combo will deal a large amount of damage.
Ah, gotcha. I didnt know what proration was(I didnt know the term at least) or what the 22b/22c referred to. Thanks for the info.

Just for your reference:

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

Refer to the directions on a stick.

So, 236 is a quarter-circle movement (supposedly towards the opponent.

632146 is the half-circle back forward movement (common in GG's Overdrives).

Shoryuken would be 623.

And so on.

abstract alien said:
^^^^^^^
Ok, now it has really come full circle, thanks :lol Ive never seen the directions mapped out by numbers anywhere.

I hear fighting forums use them a lot. Makes it easy and universal, and I agree.

Also, GG is freaking impossible to learn well. I got to Intermediate with DustLoop's guide, but it really is just too much.

Understanding all of the underlying systems is of great benefit, though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Uploading 720p version of the partial opening + promo vid. Hopefully it'll be available online tonight.

JEKKI

abstract alien said:
^^^^^^^
Ok, now it has really come full circle, thanks :lol Ive never seen the directions mapped out by numbers anywhere.
it's becoz a lot of moves change when pressed in conjunction with a directional input, so a lot of combo heavy fighters use it as official notation.

like in guilty gear for example, with Axl 5P 3P 6P and 2P all do different attacks.

JEKKI said:
it's becoz a lot of moves change when pressed in conjunction with a directional input, so a lot of combo heavy fighters use it as official notation.

like in guilty gear for example, with Axl 5P 3P 6P and 2P all do different attacks.
Yeah, Im aware of the direction + button attacks, but I was surprised that Id never seen this type of format before for filing moves. I took a look at "22b" and immediately though, "Holy shit, Im screwed when it comes to this game!" :lol

I guess its just odd to me, sense I know about things like buffering, frame data, kara, etc and Ive never in my life seen 22b lol. How weird.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
FlightOfHeaven said:
Holy fuck

You can select your character's color in this game with ease!

day 1 confirmed

This is why I love Arc System Works..the massive amount of attention to character colors

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
abstract alien said:
I guess its just odd to me, sense I know about things like buffering, frame data, kara, etc and Ive never in my life seen 22b lol. How weird.

I think that just means it's just down, down, medium, right? 22c would be down, down, heavy. I think there are more than a couple games where down, down moves are done, usually teleports.

JEKKI

I saw these on the dustloop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8hQ9dEqUEg

match vid from the US version of BB... english voices up in that! take at fanime 2009.

btw I have no idea how to beat nu-13 with Litchi o_O last weekend at Denjin one of the players got 60 wins with her and I could barely touch him... he coulda got more wins but decided to step off the machine once he reached 60.

and...

xo49hd.jpg

Teknoman

Gotta ask:

Will the game feature online play? And for those who have imported the game (if it features online play) is it about as smooth as SFIV?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Teknoman said:
Gotta ask:

Will the game feature online play? And for those who have imported the game (if it features online play) is it about as smooth as SFIV?

It has online, and I keep seeing that the netcode is GGPO inspired. Can't 100% confirm that, though.

Console release isn't out in Japan yet. They're getting it on June 25, we're getting it June 30.

Teknoman

ZealousD said:
It has online, and I keep seeing that the netcode is GGPO inspired. Can't 100% confirm that, though.

Console release isn't out in Japan yet. They're getting it on June 25, we're getting it June 30.

Wow seriously? Had no idea it was that close a release for both regions.

Top Bottom