• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PSN Pre-Load has started

cris7198

Will I still be able to preorder from psn in the 2 hour window after reviews are out? I remember REmake disappeared from psn hours before release, so I'm hoping the same doesn't happen for Bloodborne so I can still get the preorder bonus.

From what i saw on my Sony rewards e-mail you'll get the bonus stuff if you buy before the 31... IIRC

vjRFL9u.jpg

Sorry to ask again, but when I convert 10 AM EST, it says it was 90 minutes ago ?

Am I missing something obvious ?

Sorry to ask again, but when I convert 10 AM EST, it says it was 90 minutes ago ?

Am I missing something obvious ?
It was a mistype. It's around 10 pm est. But I saw some post suggesting reviewers can post a few hours early.
Edit: you could have read the last page as well..

Stanng243

You are all making me think about going digital. I pre-ordered the collectors edition from Bestbuy, and it hasn't even shipped yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Halp!

I'm on EU PSN, can I buy Bloodborne from US PSN and get to play it one day earlier or something? Does that even work with region-lock or some shit? What're the exact benefits of buying the game from US PSN if I'm in EU.

Also, does the digital code from US PSN work when I log onto my EU account?

joecanada

this game has perfect timing....

have a big stats assignment due tonight, will work on that while bloodborne loads , then go to bed go to work tomorrow and bam! tuesday night game time.

Halp!

I'm on EU PSN, can I buy Bloodborne from US PSN and get to play it one day earlier or something? Does that even work with region-lock or some shit? What're the exact benefits of buying the game from US PSN if I'm in EU.

Should work fine, you can just switch over to your EU account and play. I think the only negative is you'll need to buy the DLC from the same region the game was bought on.

daammyy

Should work fine, you can just switch over to your EU account and play. I think the only negative is you'll need to buy the DLC from the same region the game was bought on.

Yes, that is the only drawback and ofcourse that its a violation to the rules or w/e.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, I'm reading through the thread... am I understanding things correctly?

I buy the game on US PSN (despite living in EU).

To play the game on the 24th, I have to be online on my US PSN-account.

When the game opens up for EU (25th), I should be able to switch to EU account and play Bloodborne right? But I'd have to start over from scratch, I take it?

Putenrupfer

Neo Member
Halp!

in the past, it worked just fine and you was able to play the game early. however, this was not possible anymore in the case of hardline. there, after running out the timer switched to the eu countdown and i was not able to get my hands on hardline early..

Halp!

Set your both accounts on primary in the settings. Buy the game on PS4, begin loading and switch to your EU account. No problems. The only downside is, that you have to buy DLCs in the US store.

Yoshichan

fuck it. it's worth the 24h wait (i can't believe I just said that).

AngryMoth

Wait, I'm reading through the thread... am I understanding things correctly?

I buy the game on US PSN (despite living in EU).

To play the game on the 24th, I have to be online on my US PSN-account.

When the game opens up for EU (25th), I should be able to switch to EU account and play Bloodborne right? But I'd have to start over from scratch, I take it?
From what I understand you just have to unlock it with your US account then you can start playing with you're EU account straight away at 12am EST tonight.

Cheaper and earlier for us euro folks to buy digital from the US store. Join us!

Yoshi man I've been telling you for days you can play it at 5AM Tuesday here in Sweden, if only you would buy it on the US store.

You need to use US PSN cards though. Just search for "psncards" and you'll find the Swedish site I usually purchase them from.

Yoshichan

Yoshi man I've been telling you for days you can play it at 5AM Tuesday here in Sweden, if only you would buy it on the US store.

but I'd have to create a US account
and then find a US shipping address
and then I'd have to activate it or something on both accounts
and then when they release DLC I'd have to remember to buy it on US PSN

it's just not worth the trouble and the headache. I just get the feeling I'll get fucked in the ass, like I always do when it comes to these "early releases". I should just be happy that I'm getting the digital version gifted and play the game as it comes out in EU!

Less than 12 hours! My PS4 is now in deep sleep after so many hours spent on preloading the game.

I'll go sleep early today so I can get up at 4h30-4h45 and be ready once it unlocks at 5h00.

My CE from Amazon Prime has also not shipped yet. Haven't even been charged, distressingly.

Will probably give customer support a call during my lunch break, but my expectations for getting it tomorrow are evaporating fast.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
From what I understand you just have to unlock it with your US account then you can start playing with you're EU account straight away at 12am EST tonight.

Cheaper and earlier for us euro folks to buy digital from the US store. Join us!

Barely cheaper these days with the way the USD and Euro are congregating, in some cases its now cheaper the other way around with regional deals. 1 US Dollar equals 0.92 Euro.

Putenrupfer

Neo Member

You need to use US PSN cards though. Just search for "psncards" and you'll find the Swedish site I usually purchase them from.

sadly, that is not possible anymore... i even tried unlocking hardline with a vpn but it still remained locked until the eu release. i was logged in with my us account of course.

AngryMoth

Barely cheaper these days with the way the USD and Euro are congregating, in some cases its now cheaper the other way around with regional deals. 1 US Dollar equals 0.92 Euro.
Ah yeah forgot the euro has tanked recently. Still considerably cheaper if you're in the UK ;)

Yoshichan

jhwifd.gif

Yoshican extends his spazm for Bloodborne for another 24hrs?!?!?! :D
This is the most amazing hype train I've ever witnessed! How in the living did I miss this?!

My CE from Amazon Prime has also not shipped yet. Haven't even been charged, distressingly.

Will probably give customer support a call during my lunch break, but my expectations for getting it tomorrow are evaporating fast.

I would have been in the same boat as you but I canceled my CE and just went digital. I agree with you being a little antsy now since they haven't even charged you yet. From my experience they will always start the shipping process the morning before by charging the card very early. I'd call them.

DieH@rd

Banned
This is the most amazing hype train I've ever witnessed! How in the living did I miss this?!

:D You didn't, you were active in that thread [Bloodborne hype train was done for the Gamescom or TGS], but highly concentrated military-grade hype you have experienced since then has wiped some [many] parts of your brain. :D You have freed your memory from irrelevant stuff, and dedicated all towards Bloodborne.

Yoshichan

:D You didn't, you were active in that thread [Bloodborne hype train was done for the Gamescom or TGS], but highly concentrated military-grade hype you have experienced since then has wiped some [many] parts of your brain. :D You have freed your memory from irrelevant stuff, and dedicated all towards Bloodborne.
I am crowning this post as one my favorites of all time.

SrTASAi.png

Umbasa.

sadly, that is not possible anymore... i even tried unlocking hardline with a vpn but it still remained locked until the eu release. i was logged in with my us account of course.

What? I've never seen anyone say it doesn't work. If you have a game preloaded and it won't unlock you may have to re-download it though.

Maybesew

I went to bed thinking that I had fully downloaded the game, because the app opens up fine and shows the unlock countdown timer. What I didn't know is that I had less than half of the game fully downloaded.

Press options with the game selected, and choose information. My screen showed a download status of 10GB out of 29GB. Could have really ruined my night.

Ambient80

I keep checking the countdown on my PS4 and its like... [Heavy Breathing]

Can we just vote to progress the day automatically to midnight?

fedexpeon

Banned

But bro, you can't be in front if you aren't willing to create a US PSN account.
How can you truly be hyped with no attempt in playing the game early?

PS: Use Google HQ address for all your US address needs.

Yoshichan

But bro, you can't be in front if you aren't willing to create a US PSN account.
How can you truly be hyped with no attempt in playing the game early?

PS: Use Google HQ address for all your US address needs.

I'd have to create a US account

all of the above on top of the countless bullshit moments like this:
I'm going with the safe-bet here, instead of having to risk playing it on Thursday.

Yoshichan

Since we don't have a OT yet.

Stat video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwXQZLNwS54

No spoilers (outside of stat names).
Thanks for the link! I summarized it:

Stat purpose and soft/hardcaps:
Vitality - Softcap: 30, Hardcap: 50 (every build should have at least 30 of this)
Endurance - Hardcap: 40 (only increases stamina since equip burden is no more)

-

Softcap for everything below: 25
Hardcap for everything below: 50

Strength -
Skill - Previously known as Dexterity
Bloodtinge - Guns and anything that scales with Bloodtinge
Arcane - Increases the damage done by fire and bolt damaging equipment

-

Three builds for Echo Level 125

All builds below uses the class "Military veteran".

Overall Quality Character (can equip and use both STR and SKL-weapons effiecently)
Vit 50
End 40
Str 30
Skl 25
Bld 24
Arc 6

Strength Based Character
Vit 50
End 40
Str 50
Skl 14
Bld 15
Arc 6

Skill Based Character
Vit 50
End 40
Str 16
Skl 50
Bld 13
Arc 6

fedexpeon

Banned
I'd have to create a US account

all of the above on top of the countless bullshit moments like this:

I'm going with the safe-bet here, instead of having to risk playing it on Thursday.

It literally takes 5mins.
I even have a JP PSN account, and that shit requires a guide.
But a US account is 100x easier since it is in English.

I'm so excited Gaf, this is going to be my first "Souls" game. I've only fiddled around with the previous games. I have an early day tomorrow but I still plan on staying up until 1 or so to play this.

Great I did not know about this. Now I'll have less than 10 hours to download the game before midnight. :/

I saw different sites report about it either Thursday or Friday last week that there would be maintenance today but yeah...for anyone having to pre-order/preload it sucks

Top Bottom