• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PSN Pre-Load has started

are you sure ?

Why am i reading differents things..

I got 10AM EST from here:

Has a different time been confirmed now?

vjRFL9u.jpg

I think there has been some repost about the time when the reviews are out.
Edit: maybe in the other bloodborne thread. There are too many :/

Yeah just had a look through the spoiler thread and a tweet has been posted from Michael McWhertor saying the time is 7PM PT.

So 12 hours later than was mentioned earlier.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The countdown timer on my primary account which is Japanese is going crazy again, showing time until the Japanese release, despite buying the game from the US store.
I really hope that it fixes itself when the game releases, like Destiny.
Some games don't and you have to download them again after release.

MMaRsu

Banned
The countdown timer on my primary account which is Japanese is going crazy again, showing time until the Japanese release, despite buying the game from the US store.
I really hope that it fixes itself when the game releases, like Destiny.
Some games don't and you have to download them again after release.

Just login to your us account and the timer will adjust themselves

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
This. I have the same issue. Just log in to your us account when the game unlocks tomorrow and then switch to your JP account
Just login to your us account and the timer will adjust themselves
Oh I know how it works - like I said, it was the same for Destiny and a few other games.
The problem is that sometimes it bugs out and logging to the US account/restoring your licenses etc. simply doesn't work and you have to redownload the game or wait.
Happened to quite a few gaffers so far and they all tried everything they could before redownloading.

Bluenoser

So the game comes out March 24th but it seems like PSN downloads are available today, and my Canada Post shipment is showing that it will arrive today. I guess only people buying at retail have to wait?

All done for tomorrow

I bought bloodborne but got a ps4 from a friend (will not buy one here in Brasil JUST for this game, maybe later this year, but im definitely bying a ps4 pad this week for my pc)

Another friend who has PS+ wanted to split the costs so

- My acc primary on his PS4. He will be able to play the game online with his ACC.

- His acc primary no my PS4. I will be able to play the game online on my acc using his PS+

Right?

I checked on reddit, google, even sony faq, seems to be correct

TheHall

Yes. Embargo ends March 23, release date is March 24th. Not really rocket science type stuff here.

At least they didn't pull an AC:U and lift the embargo at noon on release day.

By the time the embargo ends in the US it's already March 24th elsewhere in the world.

drotahorror

Yes. Embargo ends March 23, release date is March 24th. Not really rocket science type stuff here.

At least they didn't pull an AC:U and lift the embargo at noon on release day.

A day before. The day before. There is a difference if you want to get anal about it. It's not rocket science.

Bluenoser

By the time the embargo ends in the US it's already March 24th elsewhere in the world.

So Europeans concerned about the game's quality will have to take their chances at their midnight launch, or wait until morning. Not really seeing a big deal about this.

Happens with almost every major release.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
So Europeans concerned about the game's quality will have to take their chances at their midnight launch, or wait until morning. Not really seeing a big deal about this.

Happens with almost every major release.

Bloodborne launches on March 25 in EU I think ...

Sanctuary

Do you really believe this crap, or did you just want to post something flippant? Next day is not the same as "a day later" at all. Would you be saying this if the embargo lifted at 11:59PM? The game goes on sale at midnight, not 8AM the following day. And it's actually two hours, not five.

Unfortunately I work until next Wednesday. I'll just pick up the physical copy on my way home.

In the mean time, I'll have to listen to you lucky bastages playing the game already.
Yeah I'm in Shanghai right now. Won't be able to get it until I am home. Will take a long time to download I think!

Bluenoser

Do you really believe this crap, or did you just want to post something flippant? Next day is not the same as "a day later" at all. Would you be saying this if the embargo lifted at 11:59PM? The game goes on sale at midnight, not 8AM the following day. And it's actually two hours, not five.

I wasn't aware there had to be 24 hours between embargo lifting and game releasing. In that case, I guess we should have had the embargo lift this past midnight.

Sorry for my tone I suppose, but really, this happens with almost every game. You will still be able to read reviews before the game officially launches, so not sure why people are complaining about it.

Highly doubt people going to a midnight launch for a game are going to have a radical change of heart when they see low review scores. And if they do, they can always return or exchange the game.

epmode

I wasn't aware there had to be 24 hours between embargo lifting and game releasing. In that case, I guess we should have had the embargo lift this past midnight.

Sorry for my tone I suppose, but really, this happens with almost every game. You will still be able to read reviews before the game officially launches, so not sure why people are complaining about it.

Release day embargoes were not common until recently. They used to be code for shit/buggy games but now that everyone's conditioned to accept them, they're even used for quality releases. I wouldn't even mind if it wasn't for the pre-order discounts and exclusive in-game content that are used to push uninformed purchases.

edit: I don't mean to sound paranoid! There's a good reason to push an embargo in this case, what with the game only being finished a few days ago plus the fact that there's a *ton* of content. I don't like when pre-order bonuses are combined with a last-second review embargos is all.

Idba

All done for tomorrow

I bought bloodborne but got a ps4 from a friend (will not buy one here in Brasil JUST for this game, maybe later this year, but im definitely bying a ps4 pad this week for my pc)

Another friend who has PS+ wanted to split the costs so

- My acc primary on his PS4. He will be able to play the game online with his ACC.

- His acc primary no my PS4. I will be able to play the game online on my acc using his PS+

Right?

I checked on reddit, google, even sony faq, seems to be correct

Youre good to go

Pinktaco

Ooh.. I pre-ordered on the us PSN to save Money, I didn't even realize there was a difference on release dates And I live in euro-land. Sweet, I suppose

How long would it take to download with a decent internet speed? Deciding on digital or physical.

It's playable after downloading 5 gigs + the 2.6 gig patch. But I guess it would depend on what your idea of decent speed is. My entire download finished in about 40 minutes.

Sanctuary

Hope you left your PS4 in rest mode. If you just DL'd the patch and the 5gb file I believe it was, you got more to go.

It's been stated more than once that the game was supposed to actually load the rest as you play. Is that not actually the case? No biggy either way.
I've never actually played a game while it's still downloading, so I don't see how that wouldn't impact performance a bit.

Edzi

Will I still be able to preorder from psn in the 2 hour window after reviews are out? I remember REmake disappeared from psn hours before release, so I'm hoping the same doesn't happen for Bloodborne so I can still get the preorder bonus.

Top Bottom