• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PSN Pre-Load has started

Portugeezer

Gold Member
UK GAF, check your emails, I got a promotional email recently from Paypal about a £10 off when you add £50 to your PSN wallet using Paypal.

So, essentially you can get Bloodborne (£50 on the store) for £40. I think I will pre-order Bloodborne before midnight Thursday to pre-load.

I have that 20% discount thing at Best Buy and a $40 gift card, so obviously I'm buying this there Tuesday morning.

But I'm soooo tempted to digitally preorder this so I can start playing Monday night.

DieH@rd

Banned
Does the physical copy install on the hard drive? If not I assume the loads on the digital are faster?

Every PS4 and Xbone game can be run only from the hard drive. Buying disc games only represent "faster way to install the game on HDD".

To speed up installation procedure, almost every PS4 games support PlayGo - segmented installations that allow gamers to start playing after only dozen or few dozen seconds. They can start opening sections of the game, while the rest is still being installed from disc to HDD.

Bought from the US store (I'm EU), downloading now but it's saying 4 days until it unlocks.

When the download started it said 1.

Wut.

Bought from the US store (I'm EU), downloading now but it's saying 4 days until it unlocks.

Wut.

You bought it from the US Store and it unlocks on the 25th (EU date)?

Welp...and i was just ready to buy it from US store tomorrow just to play it on 24th...

yatesl

I'm in the UK, and have Thursday and Friday off work. I have $13 of credit on my US account already, and $5 Gamestop credit from the Dying Light fiasco. Everything's pushing me towards preloading on the US store, despite my rule of never do a non-refundable preorder without reviews.

I know the hype is real, GAF, but talk to me - I've been on a media blackout, does this legit look good? Also, any word on server region locks?

Falifax

Welp...and i was just ready to buy it from US store tomorrow just to play it on 24th...

From my experience with past US pre-orders despite living in Europe is that you have to play it on the US account and then it should be playable on your main EU account.

To be honest mate I'm not too sure what's going on. Since I bought it (last week) it's been saying it will unlock on Tuesday on my US account, buy now it's saying 4 days :/

Gattsu25

Banned
I'm in the UK, and have Thursday and Friday off work. I have $13 of credit on my US account already, and $5 Gamestop credit from the Dying Light fiasco. Everything's pushing me towards preloading on the US store, despite my rule of never do a non-refundable preorder without reviews.

I know the hype is real, GAF, but talk to me - I've been on a media blackout, does this legit look good? Also, any word on server region locks?
It legit looks good. Very positive impressions from people who have played.

Regarding the region locks: I'd also like to know this.

Drencrom

EU Reviewer I know told me the embargo is the 23rd, don't see why European sites would have to wait a day when US sites will post their reviews.

Every PS4 and Xbone game can be run only from the hard drive. Buying disc games only represent "faster way to install the game on HDD".

To speed up installation procedure, almost every PS4 games support PlayGo - segmented installations that allow gamers to start playing after only dozen or few dozen seconds. They can start opening sections of the game, while the rest is still being installed from disc to HDD.

Huh? That's not true, is it?

Cob32

EU Reviewer I know told me the embargo is the 23rd, don't see why European sites would have to wait a day when US sites will post their reviews.

Americans get the games first, might as well let them release their reviews first too.

WhkIxHi.gif

I wonder how closely the CAG could match this? "Sir Bloodworth" is exactly 14 characters including the [space] !!!

Mik3F

Wut.

My UK account says 4 days, but my US account says 1 day

It will need unlocking on the US account and then it will be fine for the UK account

Wow, I didn't know that. Could have sworn I can hear my PS4 reading the disc while I play.

I'm shocked I haven't run out of space yet, I played all of the big releases last fall and I have quite a few download games. Looks like I'll have to update to a bigger hard drive at some point.

Hixx

To be honest mate I'm not too sure what's going on. Since I bought it (last week) it's been saying it will unlock on Tuesday on my US account, buy now it's saying 4 days :/

Don't worry about it. When I pre-ordered Destiny it said I was getting the digital deluxe edition on my UK account for some reason. Pre-orders don't seem to translate too well across the regions on the OS but once it launches in the US it'll all be fine!

pager99

Help me gaf, okay I bought on my American account And I've Started preload but unlock time is for Europe which is where I am, is there any way to trick it to unlock USA time as I had this exact same problem with lbp3

pager99

Don't worry about it. When I pre-ordered Destiny it said I was getting the digital deluxe edition on my UK account for some reason. Pre-orders don't seem to translate too well across the regions on the OS but once it launches in the US it'll all be fine!
I don't think so this happened me with lbp3 and I had to wait for Eu date, we need a plan!!!

Mik3F

Help me gaf, okay I bought on my American account And I've Started preload but unlock time is for Europe which is where I am, is there any way to trick it to unlock USA time as I had this exact same problem with lbp3

Check your US account time, the unlock will be correct on there, it will then work on your main account once it has been unlocked

Shin-Ra

Wow, I didn't know that. Could have sworn I can hear my PS4 reading the disc while I play.

I'm shocked I haven't run out of space yet, I played all of the big releases last fall and I have quite a few download games. Looks like I'll have to update to a bigger hard drive at some point.
Or delete the Blu-ray games you're no longer playing.

Top Bottom