• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PSN Pre-Load has started

I don't really mind it that much, the part that sucks is how games are no longer available to purchase after the first day it's released. It's a big problem with the game industry that really needs to change.

Why would you base your decision on the opinion of reviewers on a game like this? they play games as fast as they can and whether they want to or not. their opinion doesn't matter.

If I listened to these sites I wouldn't have bought Alien Isolation and had my best gaming experience of 2014.

TheRockApplauding.gif

Alo0oy

Banned
I have a question regarding the day 1 patch (the second one), it's supposed to go live as soon as the game unlocks right?

The problem is, I'll be at work when the game unlocks, is there a way to initiate the download from my phone or automatically? I don't want to come back from work & wait for the patch to download, I kinda consumed all my bandwidth watching bloodborne streams so my internet speed is throttled at 1Mbps for the remainder of the month, & it's gonna take ages to download a multi-gigs patch.

Afrodium

Banned
What's with the guide getting delayed? I'm not planning on buying it, but it seems weird that they would be unaware of apparently 128 pages worth of content. Clearly From didn't whip up whatever's in this patch in the last week, so why did the creators of the guide not know about it?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the icon is in my dashboard but I have to wait 1 more day...

lhjhbB9.gif

I need help gaf on my starting origin. Thinking shotgun with saw cleaver. I want to be agile with light weapons. Do you guys suggest Troubled childhood or professional ? Any input be greatly appreciated. Thx

I have a question regarding the day 1 patch (the second one), it's supposed to go live as soon as the game unlocks right?

The problem is, I'll be at work when the game unlocks, is there a way to initiate the download from my phone or automatically? I don't want to come back from work & wait for the patch to download, I kinda consumed all my bandwidth watching bloodborne streams so my internet speed is throttled at 1Mbps for the remainder of the month, & it's gonna take ages to download a multi-gigs patch.

I'm not sure there is a second day one patch. I haven't seen anything on it. I think 1.01 is going to be the version of the game on day of release, no other patches.

Afrodium

Banned
I need help gaf on my starting origin. Thinking shotgun with saw cleaver. I want to be agile with light weapons. Do you guys suggest Troubled childhood or professional ? Any input be greatly appreciated. Thx

Both of those are fine choices if you plan on being agile. Of the two I'd say Professional is the best because it's got a few more skill points (this stat will govern fast and agile weapons) but it's not a big enough difference to matter that much. The cane is the best starting weapon if you pick either of those classes, but if you want to choose saw cleaver then I don't think you'll have too hard of a time.

If you have an able phone. You can try remote play to start the game and then have the patch download that way.

Both of those are fine choices if you plan on being agile. Of the two I'd say Professional is the best because it's got a few more skill points (this stat will govern fast and agile weapons) but it's not a big enough difference to matter that much. The cane is the best starting weapon if you pick either of those classes, but if you want to choose saw cleaver then I don't think you'll have too hard of a time.
Thanks for input think I'm gonna stick with saw at first if it doesn't work go with cane. Thanks for help

From what I read saw scales good with skill as well

I got a message from a fellow gaffer on PS4 when I got home to check and found it downloaded already.

29.84GB with the Day One patch(version 1.01).

I'm ready for 10pm tomorrow, since my GS is going to sell the game around that time or perhaps slightly earlier so I'll have my physical CE and my digital copy.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Mine was going well then it got to 24.4 GB and slowed down to less than a crawl...no idea why it did

I recommend bringing the PS4 out of sleep mode, turning it off completely and back on, make sure the download is resumed and then put it back to sleep.

You're close to done!

I recommend bringing the PS4 out of sleep mode, turning it off completely and back on, make sure the download is resumed and then put it back to sleep.

You're close to done!

I did...had to do it a couple times to get it to kick back on to a faster download

If only there was some way to trick that damn countdown timer...I won't lie I just tried changing the internal clock

would be funny if the system put up a "You Died" message after you try and change the clock

Top Bottom