• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night |OT| What is a Kickstarter?!?! A Miserable Pile of Delays!

Lanrutcon

Just got the bad ending, and I'll be putting the game aside. It's great, but platformers aren't my thing. The game just reminded me of that.

- Gameplay is fine
- Graphics are fine
- The game is very true to its ancestry
- Difficulty is a bit unbalanced, and I'd almost recommend people play on Hard from day 1

I'd say that if you're a Castlevania fan then you'll be smiling all the way through.

There is one area that sadly felt to me like a severe disappointment.

The Behemoth area where all the Mooks are gigantic and the map itself feels like it was recycled

I felt that the 8-Bit Area would have been a great replacement as it would have referenced Castlevania.

Question: I cannot seem to craft Spagetti on its own but I can do Berry Spagetti and the Japanese Spagetti

Is there a book I am missing for it to give to the Old Lady?

Last edited:

Fatalmephisto29

Neo Member
Sweet! Tell me more!

Okay sorry for the late response. So there are a few things you need to do before this build to work properly and effectively. So ill break it down and also I do not take credit for this.

Step 1 - You will need all 7 of the MP quickcharge bonus food items done. This screenshot has all 7 in yellow text.

Foods You Need

Step 2 - These 3 shards in the image below you will need to get them at 9/9.

The 3 Shards You Need

Step 3 - This shard is a must 9/9 and 100% needed for this build.

Key Shard For Build

Step 4 - This is the location you wanna go too. You can find better spots but I find this spot just easier.

Map Location

I left names out for spoiler reasons in case someone doesnt want to know.

Last edited:
Here we go again.
379.gif

Hardest part of the game for me was finding the damn moon to slice. I knew I was supposed to look for it, but you can see it from so many different areas lol

Wonko_C

Hardest part of the game for me was finding the damn moon to slice. I knew I was supposed to look for it, but you can see it from so many different areas lol
This is weird, I instantly knew exactly where to go, since you go trough that place early in the game and it looks both eerie and beautiful at the same time, so it remained ingrained in my mind for the rest of the game.

nkarafo

I 100%ed the map and did all the quests. However there are still plenty of ???????? in my archives in several areas.

Petrae

Of course, that douchenozzle locked down his Twitter account after he didn’t get the desired reaction for his white-knighting effort. These are the kinds of people that Sarkeesian shrew and her ilk empower— people who weren’t ever going to buy or play the games in question, but still feel as though they need to tell the world how to morally fix them.

Okay sorry for the late response. So there are a few things you need to do before this build to work properly and effectively. So ill break it down and also I do not take credit for this.

Step 1 - You will need all 7 of the MP quickcharge bonus food items done. This screenshot has all 7 in yellow text.

Foods You Need

Step 2 - These 3 shards in the image below you will need to get them at 9/9.

The 3 Shards You Need

Step 3 - This shard is a must 9/9 and 100% needed for this build.

Key Shard For Build

Step 4 - This is the location you wanna go too. You can find better spots but I find this spot just easier.

Map Location

I left names out for spoiler reasons in case someone doesnt want to know.

Would you be able to say which Enemies Drop Acceleration and Money is Power? I think I have Augment Gold and know where to get more Detective Eye Shards.

What do the Stars mean on he food? D:

CAN YOU GET MORE BONUSES!!!

Last edited:

Fatalmephisto29

Neo Member
Would you be able to say which Enemies Drop Acceleration and Money is Power? I think I have Augment Gold and know where to get more Detective Eye Shards.

What do the Stars mean on he food? D:

CAN YOU GET MORE BONUSES!!!

You get Accelerator from enemy 097 Harrier.

Money Is Power is from enemy 048 mimic

The stars are just your favorite. Every meal you create or find. The first time you eat it gives you a permanent stat boost. Look at this image. The total bonus is max of what you can get after you consume every meal in the game.

Bonuses

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Last night I did the shard grind for the healing and regenerate shards. Now I have both at Level 9 / Grade 9 and... they're honestly pretty disappointing. Regenerate at level 9 being passive is pretty cool, I guess, but I get like +1 HP every 5 seconds or so, not really worth it in the end.

The stars are just your favorite. Every meal you create or find. The first time you eat it gives you a permanent stat boost. Look at this image. The total bonus is max of what you can get after you consume every meal in the game.

Bonuses
Jesus those stats :pie_starstruck:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
got my physical Switch copy today. it came in a nice cardboard box with artwork printed on it that has a big ugly shipping sticker over it lol. the backer slipcase is nice and shiny. no manual or anything, just a case with a disk, but this is 2019, this is how games are sold nowadays.

the game is cool, it plays & looks really nice on portable. the effects are toned down but in some cases that makes the game look better (the watery effect on the ship always looked off to me). docked mode has some major performance issues. it is playable, and if you only have a Switch, it's definitely worth getting, but if you have something else, stick with that. luckily they said they will devote resources to improving performance so that's nice. still far from done with my Steam game so i'll be playing that in the meantime.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Is there fan service in this game?

seems to be a little from what google search shows. I dont see anything that overt though that is for sure. If you are into metroidvania seems that sort of gameplay fanservice is well represented. If you are in to large anime breasts, there seems to be some. But not at the Senran Kagura level, I dont own the game, just was searching around after i saw some details about it (high meta review score).

looks like a fun game, but i'll wait until ~15$ or less likely.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
There is a bunny suit girl enemy type and u can use the shard to turn the main character into one as well

Last edited:

Silvawuff

Really had fun with this one. Played it today to clean up a few things. Not sure of what other post-game type things there are to do. I enjoyed my time with this and thought it scratched my SotN itch quite nicely. It'll be interesting to see how future game updates/DLCs change stuff.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
been mostly exploring the underground caves, finding tons of diamonds, using the cool flip move. it can save you from falling in the lava. i found an umbrella that is really fast and hits hard lol. here's that pose in the lava area.

TK0KZvY.jpg

Last edited:

Ivellios

Can anyone confirm if the Switch version is as unplayable as i read everywhere? Its the only version i got of the game and im really anxious to start playing, but i can wait for the devs to patch the game if necessary.

These are just a very minority thankfully, still it is painful and sad to read people actually waste their time to complain about something like this....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seems like this map should go over 100%. I just arrived at the ice caves level and I'm at 98%. Guess that means I'm almost done?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I got to 99.8% at 30 hours. I got to 99.9% at 40 hours.

How long will it take for that last .1%? I've been running around with the detective eye on for ages.

How about this. If someone has 100%, post a screenshot of the whole map. I'll hue shift it green and overlay my own map to find the missing block.

Last edited:

jshackles

Bloodstained is borderline uplayable on the Switch. It sometimes felt like I was playing at 15FPS
I fought the gambler boss guy and my framerate (which has been a rock solid 60fps) on PC dropped down into the single digits. I've got a Radeon RX580 / 8GB. Seems like some places are worse than others, regardless of the platform.

Shame the Switch port is kind of a mess though.

Komatsu

What spots?
I canceled my amazon preorder but i would love to hear where

In the boat (intro level) and at different spots in the castle, like in the Garden, further into the Sorcery Lab, etc. Input lag was also a thing, it felt like something in the 50-60ms range.

Hosam6xavi

Banned
I was planning to get it day 1 on switch .. but after how poorly they handled the port I'm not going to buy it

I'm done with half-ass ports

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah the gambler is the one and only enemy that caused slowdown. They probably should have just faked the 3D on the coins or something.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
In the boat (intro level) and at different spots in the castle, like in the Garden, further into the Sorcery Lab, etc. Input lag was also a thing, it felt like something in the 50-60ms range.
Damn shame man

BruceCM

Seems like this map should go over 100%. I just arrived at the ice caves level and I'm at 98%. Guess that means I'm almost done?
Not that far myself but I'd expect the map to be more :D Shouldn't be possible for people to have completed everything in 15-20 hours.... :p

I fought the gambler boss guy and my framerate (which has been a rock solid 60fps) on PC dropped down into the single digits. I've got a Radeon RX580 / 8GB. Seems like some places are worse than others, regardless of the platform.

Shame the Switch port is kind of a mess though.
Yeah that boss gave me almost single digits framedrops too on PS4. Game struggled to render his chips and my magic at once.

Bonuses

I knew about the stat bonuses but assumed the Stars were maxed out stats on shards.

I'm going to try and level up as many yellow shards as possible now.

Thanks!

After getting a humpscare from Enemy 44 I can't trigger the scene again. Is it timed?

Hotspurr

Banned
I'm going to grab the Xbox one x version instead of the switch. Apparently the switch version is OK for the first hour or two and then goes off a cliff. I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick fix - they knew the state the game was in and released it anyway. Suddenly they became aware of the issues and are allocating all resources to it? Yeah I don't buy it. It will likely get better but it's unclear how soon and to what extent.

Does the X version run at 4K and 60 fps without issues?

I like it. I didn't think i would like this game style as much as i used to but i slowly got into it and now i am hooked. The switch version def needs a few patches. When can i play as the David Hayter voiced character?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I'm going to grab the Xbox one x version instead of the switch. Apparently the switch version is OK for the first hour or two and then goes off a cliff. I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick fix - they knew the state the game was in and released it anyway. Suddenly they became aware of the issues and are allocating all resources to it? Yeah I don't buy it. It will likely get better but it's unclear how soon and to what extent.

Does the X version run at 4K and 60 fps without issues?
It stutters at 3 rooms. Nothing to be worried about.

Top Bottom