• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night |OT| What is a Kickstarter?!?! A Miserable Pile of Delays!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
enQRdKR.png

60DhBoJ.png

Where to buy:
GOG:

Steam:

Playstation 4:

Xbox One:

Switch:

Trailers:

Screenshots:
TVFHnMQ.png

6bwHfEp.png

3Nn7JbU.png

Last edited:

cr0w

Old Member
Played a little of my PS4 copy at lunch. It's shamelessly Castlevania, down to the appearance of a mysterious castle followed by legions of demons attacking the world, but to expect anything else from Igarashi would be setting yourself up for disappointment. It feels a lot better than I'd anticipated, not as floaty as I worried it would be. Looking forward to putting some time in tonight.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was going to wait until the Switch release next week because I usually have a lot more time to play my Switch these days when I'm out and about.

But everyone's impressions of this seem like it's really good. And it's available on GOG which is awesome, so I might have to pick up the PC release.

Pejo

Nice OT! I remoted into my PC at home so I could have the game ready and installed when I walk through the door. Impressions seem very positive, I loved the demos I played, and I couldn't be more excited. What's the Iga Backpack DLC all about? I got it from the kickstarter but I didn't really read on what it is.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It looks super slow in previews.
I honestly couldn't relate to videos because its all about the player's movements. If you're going too fast then you might get destroyed by a group of enemies that dash in, drop onto your head, and block your pathway. It isn't like Abyss Odyssey where you feel like you're slowed down on purpose. There's always the back dash too.

I played quite a bit on my iPhone via Remote Play. It plays very well this way. What's sad is my connection on my phone was better than my Vita's. I didn't have any slowdowns and the cutscenes weren't choppy like they were on my Vita when 30 feet away.
IMG-5690.png

IMG-5692.png

Great OT!

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Someone PLLLLLLLEASE post a capture of the "castle" from the opening story cinematic.....you will know which one I mean the instant you see it. Since I have not watched many extended game play videos I saw that and it was extremely disheartening. I get that it is a tongue in cheek joke moment but I wonder how many people who don't know anything about the background of the developer and game would see that and just piss all over the game.

Happily I can say that two minutes into the game its classic Metroidvania at its finest.

Andyliini

This thread does not make my wait for my Switch version any easier. I also backed for a physical version, and I'm certain it won't arrive on time.

Drake

Yeah I just went ahead and bought it without waiting for reviews. It's everything I hoped for in a modern igavania. I fucking love it so far.

NahaNago

Played it for about an hour and have been enjoying. Actually forgot I had kickstarted this game. I didn't pay enough attention to the music but I'm trying to get a better handle on how close I can get to the enemy and that backing away button.

Shouta

I found the backer weapons. You can craft them from Johannes using the coin items you buy from Dominique. It looks like they have 3 tiers of them so their final forms will take a bunch of gold.

The Snake

I found the backer weapons. You can craft them from Johannes using the coin items you buy from Dominique. It looks like they have 3 tiers of them so their final forms will take a bunch of gold.

How do you get the backer stuff? Not seeing any codes or anything in my accounts.

This may be a dumb question.

Shouta

How do you get the backer stuff? Not seeing any codes or anything in my accounts.

This may be a dumb question.

The Iga's Backpack thing, if you got it, is a code on your backer page on fangamer. You can use that to get that. Other than that, stuff like the backer weapons folks created are crafted by buying that 8-bit coin then doing it Johannes.

The Snake

The Iga's Backpack thing, if you got it, is a code on your backer page on fangamer. You can use that to get that. Other than that, stuff like the backer weapons folks created are crafted by buying that 8-bit coin then doing it Johannes.

I see. Had to access it thru the link they emailed. I was trying to check it from their main site.

Thanks!

Shouta

I was messing with my backer weapon and the way it works with the move set may have created a movement option after than backdashing, lol. I'd need to actually test the two but I'm pretty happy that I found this. At the very least, it seems pretty comparable.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Actually, just checked and the only code I have is for the 8-bit prequel.

if you haven't played it, do so! it's really good.

playing this is a lot of fun. i have died many times in the hour or two of playing. difficulty wise i'd put it next to Dawn of Sorrow. it kinda reminds me of that game, especially when swinging the Claymore.

so far the cutscenes are really the only rough part of the game, and that is fine with me, i prefer they put their attention elsewhere.

Last edited:

jshackles

so far the cutscenes are really the only rough part of the game, and that is fine with me, i prefer they put their attention elsewhere.
That was my only real complaint with Cadence of Hyrule, and it was a minor one. The cut scenes in that game look like they're straight out of DeviantArt.

But it didn't matter, they accounted for less than 5% of the time I spent playing the game, maybe even less than 1%. Game was still dope as hell and a lot of fun. So I don't really care how your cut scenes play out as long as they a) advance the story properly and b) are not a major part of the game. Bonus points if they're skippable.

Ogbert

Really enjoying it.

Stupid question. Anyway to shortcut potions to a button press? Or favourited weapons?

Shouta

Really enjoying it.

Stupid question. Anyway to shortcut potions to a button press? Or favourited weapons?

You'll get a slot shortcut eventually that lets you quickly switch to whatever load out of equipment, weapons, and shards you want. It looks like 8 in total spread throughout the game.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I caved and got it on PSN despite being a backer. I'll gift my code to a friend of mine who was interested anyway.

2nd boss rocked me, until I discovered the power of pizza! If this continues to be this good...fuck it might truly dethrone Symphony of the Night as the apex of the genre. And I truly meant that.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
COxKhjC.jpg

here are a few more early game screenshots from the Steam version
Those are much more flattering image of the castle. These are the two I am referring to (removed since they no longer exist). I 5 time dipped on this game (my friends are old and have kids and don't get much time to play games....so I send them good stuff when it comes out on the off chance they get a few precious moments of free-time) and I don't regret it....I just wish these images were not part of the intro cinematic.

UPDATE: They patched these images out with the day one update....so....nothing to see here carry on and enjoy this awesome game! :messenger_beaming:

Hope it fixes my crashing problem, I've had 4 total today. I'm starting to wonder if the hard drive on my pro is taking a shit on me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm playing on PC with nVidia in 4k with everything maxed but there is still aliasing. In fact, antialias setting seem to do absolutely nothing. Anyone know what my nvidia settings should be?

Last edited:
Top Bottom