• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob's Burgers Season 2 Thread of Burgers, Zombies, and Unicorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
oRVmo.jpg

PLOT
The show centers on the Belcher family, who run a hamburger restaurant. Creator Loren Bouchard said Bob's Burgers came about because Fox's animation brand centers mostly on family, but he also wanted to dabble in workplace comedy. The show is said to fill the void created by the cancellation of King of the Hill, which Bob's Burgers executive producer Jim Dauterive worked on for nearly its entire run
CHARACTERS

MwzQ3.png

Name: Bob Belcher
The husband of Linda, the father of Tina, Gene, and Louise, and the main character of the series. He is the proprietor of a burger restaurant which he enjoys almost more than anything else.​

fkAp7.png

Name: Linda Belcher
Bob's wife and the mother of Tina, Gene, and Louise. She stands by Bob's side through thick and thin. She is always trying new things, even if she has no idea how exactly to go about it or hasn't the support of anybody else.​

osGhp.png

Name: Tina Belcher
The eldest Belcher child and the "goof" of the family. She generally speaks in a monotone voice, works part-time at the restaurant and is often the voice of reason among the Belcher children. She is trying to come to grips with her entry into adulthood, and claims to have a complicated relationship with zombies.​

hzXHq.png

Name: Gene Belcher
The only son of the family. He is very enthusiastic about almost everything and enjoys playing his keyboard. He often promotes the restaurant by wearing a burger costume, and dreams of one day being a famous musician​

YT5or.png

Name: Louise Belcher
The youngest of the Belcher siblings. She enjoys pulling pranks on people she deems stupid, and is more than willing to exploit people if there is anything to be gained. She has an offbeat sense of humor and picks locks as a hobby. In the episode "Torpedo"​

Season 1 Can be found HERE

Some images from season 1

qYo5z.gif

UUqAR.jpg

6E9TV.gif

H3sZn.jpg

FGZLO.jpg

Season 2 Preview

HeySeuss

Yes! Fuck you Napoleon Dynamite and that terrible Jonah Hill show that pushed this back.

And fuck you Fox for delaying the best show on Animation Domination.

I love, love, love this show. The first episode did not gab me right away, but by the time the episode aired with the animal butthole paintings, I was swept off my feet. Every character serves a purpose. The family dynamic is believable. The jokes are both subversive and over the top. This and Archer are my 2 favorite shows on TV right now. This is a worthy successor to Home Movies, one of my favorite shows where I am the only person I know who has seen it.

tumblr_lt1gtcNYwY1r2a4s5o2_250.gif

tumblr_lt1gtcNYwY1r2a4s5o4_500.gif

tumblr_lsvt7vvpN31qa54hvo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lsvt7vvpN31qa54hvo2_500.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
Hell yeah!

I was worried that this got cancelled. It's their best new cartoon in years and it's like they don't trust it.

Poyunch

I basically stopped watching Animation Domination when the new season came around. Now that Bob's Burgers is back I'll at least pop in to watch it. Funniest cartoon on Fox.

AAequal

Banned
Welcome back! Bob's Burger became fast the highlight of animation sunday for me. Even though it's another show about family it still stands out from rest of the shows and that's pretty much all I needed :D I'm so glad it's back on. I'm probably going to do some rewatching today, right now I'm watching Weekend at Mort's and it's really great episode.

etiolate

Banned
Finally. Looks like we'll get a nice dose of Tina's awkward sexuality.

Louise leading a Goonies squad should be awesome.

Man it's been so long, about time. Love this.

Also it's amazing how H Jon Benjamin doesn't even bother changing his voice yet I can separate the cool douchebag Archer from the lovable loser Bob.

(and coach mcguirk)

Canuck76

Banned
I don't know how i feel about this show. It's not actually funny or hilarious but it's not total crap like allan gregory, it is interesting enough for me to watch an episode.

I think i'll continue to watch it and see how i feel about it. Reminds me of arrested development in that i didn't find it super funny but it was still entertaining/interesting nonetheless and i found myself seeking it out.

Sanjuro

Man it's been so long, about time. Love this.

Also it's amazing how H Jon Benjamin doesn't even bother changing his voice yet I can separate the cool douchebag Archer from the lovable loser Bob.

(and coach mcguirk)

Only a couple years ago: It's Coach McGuirk
Currently: It's that guy from Bob's Burgers and Archer...and he was Coach McGuirk.

Was wondering why this couldn't be posted in the FOX Animation Domination thread but then I remembered that BB is so awesome that it deserves it's own thread.

carlos

Now maybe I'm imagining things, but the ending song to that first episode sounded A LOT like the NES goonies theme. I imagine they did that on purpose with the whole cave/treasure aspect, but it still surprised me that they went with that reference.

edit: well excuse me for hating music with lyrics (not that I even remember a similar song in the movie)

Now maybe I'm imagining things, but the ending song to that first episode sounded A LOT like the NES goonies theme. I imagine they did that on purpose with the whole cave/treasure aspect, but it still surprised me that they went with that reference.

NES GOONIES? N E FUCKING S GOONIES?

MAN, THAT'S Cyndi Lauper! And it's from THE GOONIES. NOT THE NES GAME!!!

/nerdrage

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't necessarily love the first episode but it had its moments. I love the Olly twins (played by Sarah Silverman). Ok maybe they aren't twins, I don't remember.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
"Let's find BUTT TREASURE!"

Gene cracks me up with every line. Show is awesome.

HeySeuss

Anyone know why hulu doesn't have last weeks episode? They have all of season one up like they always have but not last weeks premier.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come as I don't have a dvr and work Sunday nights...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom