• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob's Burgers Season 2 Thread of Burgers, Zombies, and Unicorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also season 2 has really upped the animation quality, hopefully all those people who said the show was ugly are now ashamed of themselves.

Yeah, I'm constantly impressed by how smooth the animation is especially when characters start dancing. They don't seem to use zooms as much this year, but those are still great when they happen as well.

JTran2003

That was so amazing. Just that line alone was better than both Cleveland and FG this week.

edit: dat pixel art for those who may want it for an avatar etc.

EPV4f.jpg
xeQzo.jpg

Thanks for the gift!

Odoul

Tina is quickly turning into my favorite character ever.

All of the kids really, they're just so cartoony and expressive. Like in the festival episode where the van exploded.

Bob jumps out with Louise and she's just got this huge expression of unbridled glee. Or how Tina stares at people so uncomfortably hard or pushing her glasses back to flip her hair.

Love this show.

yes i thought season two would be worse than the first for some reason. but besides the first episode (did not enjoy it that much) i love this season so far. i enjoy it the most when it is more subtle

Another awesome episode. Show has really hit its stride.

Can't believe people are actually watching it. This is the kind of awesome show I'd normally expect to crash and burn.

Another awesome episode. Show has really hit its stride.

Can't believe people are actually watching it. This is the kind of awesome show I'd normally expect to crash and burn.

FOX usually reschedules the shows it wants to crash and burn. Or delay them for baseball.

Last night's episode was pretty tame compared to the Ski Resort escapade. The wet willy scene and 'quick, circumcise Gene!' were the high points.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Love the show to pieces, only annoying part sometimes is Gene. This season has really delivered.

Yeah the kids are amazing. 9 times out of 10, this show is the most fun on Animation Domination.

I will be completely honest, the kids were my least favorite part of the very first episode. I didn't like the extended 'gene plays rude sounds on a casio, Tina is repressed and Louise is a sociopath' notes they kept pushing in place of a real family bond between the characters.

However, by the time the hurricane episode came around I was completely in love with their antics.

I will be completely honest, the kids were my least favorite part of the very first episode. I didn't like the extended 'gene plays rude sounds on a casio, Tina is repressed and Louise is a sociopath' notes they kept pushing in place of a real family bond between the characters.

However, by the time the hurricane episode came around I was completely in love with their antics.

Yeah, Gene and Louise walk a fine line between "lovably crazy" and "annoying" but it's pulled off well, especially when Bob is around getting frustrated. The way they'll say outlandish things followed by H. Jon Benjamin's pitch perfect responses is gold.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm sure someone will note reports today that Bob's Burgers was renewed; this isn't totally accurate. Bob's has 13 episodes in the can from this season that will air next year. Maybe it'll be renewed, maybe it won't, but its presence on next year's schedule just means they'll use the shows they have in the can. This is not uncommon in animated shows, since it takes a very long time to put together an episode so they order the episodes well well in advance of having to actually air them.

I'm sure someone will note reports today that Bob's Burgers was renewed; this isn't totally accurate. Bob's has 13 episodes in the can from this season that will air next year. Maybe it'll be renewed, maybe it won't, but its presence on next year's schedule just means they'll use the shows they have in the can. This is not uncommon in animated shows, since it takes a very long time to put together an episode so they order the episodes well well in advance of having to actually air them.

this is interesting. thanks!

Hmm. I just happen to be watching the first season of this.

I absolutely love Louise. She is the best part of the show by leaps and bounds. I'm pretty mixed on the rest, save for Linda, whom I loathe.

Season 3 of Bob's Burger announced - September 30, 2012.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/fox-broadcasting/fox-announces-fall-premiere-dates/10151831545410557

Other fox shows fall lineup

Wednesday, Sept. 12
8:00-10:00 PM THE X FACTOR (Season Premiere, Part One)

Thursday, Sept. 13
8:00-9:00 PM THE X FACTOR (Season Premiere, Part Two)
9:00-10:00 PM GLEE (Season Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 17
8:00-9:00 PM BONES (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM THE MOB DOCTOR (Series Premiere)

Tuesday, Sept. 25
8:00-8:30 PM NEW GIRL (Special All-New Episode)
8:30-9:00 PM BEN AND KATE (Series Premiere)
9:00-9:30 PM NEW GIRL (Season Premiere)
9:30-10:00 PM THE MINDY PROJECT (Series Premiere)

Friday, Sept. 28
8:00-9:00 PM KITCHEN NIGHTMARES (All-New Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM FRINGE (Season Premiere)

Sunday, Sept. 30
8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS (Season Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM BOB’S BURGERS (Season Premiere)
9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY (Season Premiere)
9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD (Season Premiere)

Tuesday, Oct. 2
8:00-8:30 PM RAISING HOPE (Season Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM BEN AND KATE
9:00-9:30 PM NEW GIRL
9:30-10:00 PM THE MINDY PROJECT

Sunday, Oct. 7
7:30-8:00 PM THE CLEVELAND SHOW (Season Premiere)
8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS
8:30-9:00 PM BOB’S BURGERS
9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY
9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

Friday, Oct. 26
8:00-9:00 PM TOUCH (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM FRINGE

Just got to season 2 of this show. I remember when the trailers came out originally I thought this show would suck and ignored it. Holy hell was I wrong. This is easily one of the best shows on television right now.

Just re-watched season 2 all at once, and this series has now definitely won me over. The quality is steadily rising from season 1 to 3.

The best thing about it is the mindless chatter between the family members, especially when the three kids are deliberately annoying their parents. It's very charming and "life like".

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Catching up on the last three eps, they've been amazing. Is there a season 3 thread?

I got sucked in entirely after the most recent Thanksgiving episode. Holy shit, this show is fantastic. I've been going back and watching the previous seasons with my friends, and there hasn't been an episode I haven't cared for yet.

I
LOVE
TINA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom