• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob's Burgers Season 2 Thread of Burgers, Zombies, and Unicorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I got sucked in entrirely after the most recent Thanksgiving episode. Holy shit, this show is fantastic. I've been going back and watching the previous seasons with my friends, and there hasn't been an episode I haven't cared for yet.

I
LOVE
TINA

Bob talking to the turkey for the whole episode was fantastic.

Meier

They are airing the first season here...maybe I should watch it.

Bob's Burgers is absolutely in the top 5 shows on TV. You should most definitely watch it.

Edit: Holy cow, I'm not surprised but the ratings are terrible. We're lucky they've renewed it for a season 4 already. I hope it goes on forever.

Bob's Burgers is definitely in the top 5 shows on TV. You should most definitely watch it.

Seconded. It's earned the right to be compared to The Simpsons at its best. It's taken the loose dialogue greatness of stuff like Home Movies and built into it animation and stories that are among the best out there.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"For lunch today we're having... YOUR SOUL!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO that's the same thing we had yesterday!"

Had me laughing HARD.
KuGsj.gif

"For lunch today we're having... YOUR SOUL!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO that's the same thing we had yesterday!"

Had me laughing HARD.
KuGsj.gif

I watched the last two back to back and was just floored every time Linda was on screen. She has emerged into such a hilarious character, and everyone else is honestly just as good.

Ridiculous how great this show is.

I cracked up during the exchange between Bob and Tina in the basement, when he's trying to convince her not to tell Linda about the driving, and Bob lets Tina have a fake boyfriend in the scenario.

"How long is his hair?"
"I... I don't know. But it's greasy."
"Yes!"

I love how much Bob loves his kids. It's really fuckin' adorable as shit.

This show. So good.

I love how much Bob loves his kids. It's really fuckin' adorable as shit.

This show. So good.

There are tons of little moments like that which put it so far above the rest of Animation Domination. Check out how Bob often chuckles at the kids' jokes even when he's telling them to stop, it's great.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There are tons of little moments like that which put it so far above the rest of Animation Domination. Check out how Bob often chuckles at the kids' jokes even when he's telling them to stop, it's great.

This is what I love about the show the most. Comparing it to other animated shows "like" it, they're all just so much more cynical and mean in comparison. How many times do we have to hear "Pete what the hell!" and "Shut up, Meg."

I love that this show isn't like that, although to be fair early Family Guy sort of had this too. But it went out the window when the show came back in favor of half-second "laughs."

This is what I love about the show the most. Comparing it to other animated shows "like" it, they're all just so much more cynical and mean in comparison. How many times do we have to hear "Pete what the hell!" and "Shut up, Meg."

I love that this show isn't like that, although to be fair early Family Guy sort of had this too. But it went out the window when the show came back in favor of half-second "laughs."

Yup. It's got the heart that elevated The Simpsons at its prime.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Latest episode was so funny. Less the Mad Pooper stuff and more the mini Bob stuff.

"I don't have a daughter!"

"Aww, don't say that!"

"No Lyn, he should be saying it."

KuGsj.gif

effzee

This show is amazing! How is it doing in the ratings dept?

Would hate to see it cancelled. I just feel like it isn't doing as well as the other shows.

Anyone else feel like this show fills the King of The Hill void? The shows aren't so similar but the type of humor seems to be. Either way I love both shows. The whole little Bob thing was just perfect.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Say 'I love you, Tina.'"

"I love you Tina."

"Now say, 'I love you Tina and I'm not a toilet, I'm a, uhh, boy.'"

"No."

This show.

Practically squee'd my friend's ears off when they surprised me that Bob's Burgers LIVE was going to be in town in May! I bought that shit so fast~

Just a heads up for anyone that might wanna get a ticket, or see if it'll be in their city!

Guevara

That's great news.

PS funniest moment this season for me was when Teddy though Bob's last name was Burger. Bob Burger.

trinest

Jado

Banned
Just began watching season 3 on Hulu, and found season 1 on Netflix. If anyone starts watching at the very beginning and feels iffy about it: stick with it! The humor and pacing picks up after only a couple of episodes. This show is simply fantastic. I'd also say it's easily up there with the Simpsons at its best. It's also nice to finally have an animated show where the father figure isn't a huge asshole to his family for no apparent reason.

Irish

My goodness... this show is freaking hilarious. Started watching on Hulu a few months back with the Thanksgiving episode and haven't been able to stop since. It went to the top of my AD list after only a few episodes. Usually watch the bad stuff first and save Bob's Burgers for last.

Simpsons (which is clearly not at the same level it used to be) -> AD -> TCS -> FG (although, thinking about switching this with The Cleveland Show) -> BB

AlexMogil

I will say it over and over... Tina Belcher is the best character on Animation Domination. She might make me change my avatar. She's so full of... bridled passion.

My goodness... this show is freaking hilarious. Started watching on Hulu a few months back with the Thanksgiving episode and haven't been able to stop since. It went to the top of my AD list after only a few episodes. Usually watch the bad stuff first and save Bob's Burgers for last.

Simpsons (which is clearly not at the same level it used to be) -> AD -> TCS -> FG (although, thinking about switching this with The Cleveland Show) -> BB

Fuck yes. That's the ep that hooked me as well; subsequently went back and watched every damn episode I'd missed. I love this shit!

I will say it over and over... Tina Belcher is the best character on Animation Domination. She might make me change my avatar. She's so full of... bridled passion.

"Everybody know what they're doing?"

"In general, or in the plan?"

"The plan, Tina."

"Oh. Phew."

Best character by far.

lil' babies

Favorite moment in the show so far.
I'm so happy this show is pulling so well in the ratings. Shakey start, and even I did a 180 on it after hearing the good word of mouth for season 2. Finally, KotH's void has been filled.

Ourobolus

Banned
Just watched the snake/retirement home episode. I was dying at "The red pairs really well with this white."

Damn I love this show.

Just watched the snake/retirement home episode. I was dying at "The red pairs really well with this white."

Damn I love this show.

Haha! I threw my hands up in the air and exclaimed "That's how I feel about wine in general!" when he said that.

I'm jonesing for the episode where you learn Teddy has the fear of people in animal outfits. Damn season three isn't on iTunes yet!

Oh, and kudos for bringing a flashback of beefsquatch this week. Milking the cow! Milking the cow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom