• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boko Haram Pledges Support For ISIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boko Haram has killed thousands and kidnapped hundreds during its six-year campaign to carve out an Islamist state in northern Nigeria. In recent months it has increased cross-border raids into Cameroon, Chad and Niger.

"We announce our allegiance to the Caliph ... and will hear and obey in times of difficulty and prosperity, in hardship and ease," read an English language translation of the audio broadcast in Arabic that purported to be from the Nigerian militant group.

"We call upon Muslims everywhere to pledge allegiance to the Caliph," it read.

The pledge of allegiance was attributed to Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau.

The audio script identified the Caliph as Ibrahim ibn Awad ibn Ibrahim al-Awad al-Qurashi, who is better known as Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of Islamic State and self-proclaimed caliph of the Muslim world.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nigerias-boko-haram-pledges-allegiance-to-islamic-state-audio-clip/ar-AA9v5Sl?ocid=mailsignout

Well, he'll die along with ISIS soon enough (Once the International community steps up combat).

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It mentions in the article how they are copying isis style videos and audio. They were talking about that on NPR the other day.

Raistlin

Given their size, held lands, equipment, monies, numbers, etc ... this is not good.

Well not good in the sense of making the war against ISIS more difficult. I'd argue however it is actually good in that they're easily as terrible as ISIS yet have somehow escaped the same level of international scorn and direct confrontation. At least this paints a direct target on them.

Truant

Man if these cats just had a sip of the sweet life I'm living right now they'd all put down their guns.

It's 2015, extremists. The medieval party ended ages ago.

Karolinen

Banned
Can't the west go and bomb the fuck out of both of them? the local governments have shown that they are incompetent in dealing with this threats.

Can't the west go and bomb the fuck out of both of them? the local governments have shown that they are incompetent in dealing with this threats.

Bombing them would imply knowlingly killing civilians, something that wouldn't make us look much better than them, now would it? You have to remember where these people set up. They don't just choose a random mud hole in the middle of nowhere, they choose to take over towns and cities full of civilians which prevents us from just wiping them out all at once.

We could, but just bombing everything will kill lots of people that are just stuck there. These terrorists hold base in towns and cities. Bomb those, kill innocents, breed more extremism, and repeat the whole thing over.

Karolinen

Banned
Bombing them would imply killing civilians, something that wouldn't make us look much better than them, now would it?

What is the alternative? Letting them run amok while the local governments sit with their thumbs up their buttholes and do nothing? Or do you want boots on the ground instead? There are no easy answer to this and either way, civilians will die. I think it is a far better alternative then to let this scumbag run amok and killing people without someone going in to stop them.

What is the alternative? Letting them run amok while the local governments sit with their thumbs up their buttholes and do nothing? Or do you want boots on the ground instead? There are no easy answer to this and either way, civilians will die. I think it is a far better alternative then to let this scumbag run amok and killing people without someone going in to stop them.

Innocent people will die no matter what method is used. The point is to make that number as low as possible, something that just bombarding every single area with any amount of extremists, isn't going to do very well. How much better than them would we be, if we were willing to consciously wipe out hundreds of thousands of innocents, just to wipe out those who are against us? That is exactly what they want us to do, because they know damn well that it will lead to even more hatred and will continue their mission even in death.

This will change nothing, they'll both continue to do as they please.

We in the West don't prevent catastrophes, we react to them. Until we see a successful 9/11 style attack by one of these groups, they're free to murder and rape at their convenience.

Karolinen

Banned
Innocent people will die no matter what method is used. The point is to make that number as low as possible, something that just bombarding every single area with any amount of extremists, isn't going to do very well.

As a I said, no easy answer. And as ISIS and Boko Haram does not play by the rules of war, it is going to be hard as balls to keep that number low in either cases.

akira28

well then i guess that means they can get bombed like ISIS too.

I'm sure we can infiltrate the areas and find them easier than they can in Syria. Cooperation with locals, so they don't kill locals. Make sure they do that.

Man if these cats just had a sip of the sweet life I'm living right now they'd all put down their guns.

It's 2015, extremists. The medieval party ended ages ago.

Didn't you get the memo ? We are on our way back to the middle ages, and in full force.

Truant

Didn't you get the memo ? We are on our way back to the middle ages, and in full force.

We need to get these dudes laid, that's what. Years of built up sexual frustration and a spiritual chastity belt promising a pizza party in the sky with unsoiled vaginas.

We need to get these dudes laid, that's what. Years of built up sexual frustration and a spiritual chastity belt promising a pizza party in the sky with unsoiled vaginas.

That's hardly what it is when they already kidnap and rape every woman(or child) they can get ahold of.

Tagyhag

Of course this is bad but silver lining is that maybe Boko Haram will not continue to be ignored, they're just as barbaric as ISIS.

iceatcs

Well, he'll die along with ISIS soon enough (Once the International community steps up combat).

Pretty much. Near all of knowledge non-ISIS Islam terrorist groups around the world have moved to Syria/Iraq. Good for finding them as all might be in one place. That's why I don't want to see any peace deal in there, just wipe them out.

Boko Haram want Nigeria and non-western education, but ISIS want them to join for their state. It'll going to be crazy. I won't surprise sudden they will against each other.

Valhelm

contribute something
This might be a strange question, but how does ISIS feel about Black people, generally? They seem much more welcoming to Westerners, and I know that some Islamic cultures have very nasty histories of anti-Blackness.

Diablos

I'm sure this makes Republican opportunists all warm and fuzzy inside, because it generally means fuck all to American safety but they will try their hardest to make sure voters don't believe that.

Chariot

Isn't that actually good? They were a inhuman danger for the people before, but now the international community can't just ignore them anymore and pretend that they're not there. Maybe now somebody get's his or her ass up to fight Boku Haram.

Also what kind of muslim hear the call of theirs and goes "Oh yes, I didn't like ISIS before, BUT if Boko Haram tells me that they're cool, I might bite."

Polari

Also what kind of muslim hear the call of theirs and goes "Oh yes, I didn't like ISIS before, BUT if Boko Haram tells me that they're cool, I might bite."

It runs a little deeper than that. It further legitimises ISIS's claim to the establishment of a worldwide caliphate. This isn't really good news in any shape or form.

?oe?oe

This is the west on terrorism:

seinfled.gif

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
It's all really going to shit isn't it.

Send half a million troops over there, make a line backed up with tanks n shit and just march them into the sea.

Baki

Why would they do that? Not like this actually means anything. Are they hoping to get some Isis recruits onto their side?

Lautaro

Ha what a stupid strategic move, this only creates more enemies for them. Boko Haram could have outlived ISIS easily but I imagine the local government will have to accept international help now due to the increasing pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom