• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA Pikachu 3DS XL $160 at Target on March 24th

Yeah, the blue one looks pretty sweet. I'm definitely going to order one for my newly bought Blue 3DS XL once I get my PO box issues sorted out again.

#NINTENDOSWAG

Gotta love it! My pouch just shipped yesterday.

Mad props to Wario64 for making this thread. I wouldn't have my new red XL without it.

Iacobellis

Club Nintendo pouch it is! Any idea on when Nintendo will restock the 3DS Card Case? I already have some points saved up and will be a load more (XL + Luigi's Mansion + free game and Animal Crossing, etc.) soon.

Club Nintendo pouch it is! Any idea on when Nintendo will restock the 3DS Card Case? I already have some points saved up and will be a load more (XL + Luigi's Mansion + free game and Animal Crossing, etc.) soon.

Which one is the 3DS card case? The one with the swappable covers of Mario, Peach, Luigi, Yoshi? If so, it's a shame those are gone. I got two of them last year for my DS and 3DS collection and they've been great. I also love the suede pouch.

Iacobellis

Which one is the 3DS card case? The one with the swappable covers of Mario, Peach, Luigi, Yoshi? If so, it's a shame those are gone. I got two of them last year for my DS and 3DS collection and they've been great. I also love the suede pouch.

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. :(

Alchemy

Preordered one of these on Gamestop.com the day they had it up, but my credit card didn't like they charges. Order remained open but switched it to my debit card, went through, and just got the 3DS in the mail today. Actually kind of impressed with Gamestop, figured they would have immediately sold it to someone else.

Korosenai

Gonna pick up two (my friend and I are getting one)

xYz7m5v.jpg

Just walked into a bx (military shop) and they had four of them.

So it's the last day of the Target sale. Just checked and the 10 Targets around me received no shipments of the Pikachu XL today. So for those keeping score, each Target received 0-3 Pikachu XLs for this sale. For the entire week. Reggie, you're awful.

NoRéN

So it's the last day of the Target sale. Just checked and the 10 Targets around me received no shipments of the Pikachu XL today. So for those keeping score, each Target received 0-3 Pikachu XLs for this sale. For the entire week. Reggie, you're awful.

Nah, man. The target stores near me got 4. 4!

If anyone still really wants one, 2 gamestops near me still have the 1 they received. I'm sure they will be gone tomorrow since according to the employees everyone who has come in asking for it was hoping for a pricematch. So it seems like people are holding out for a Target restock.

Raxious

So im probably gonna pick this up next week, and I was wondering how the screen is. I know the original 3DS had that yellow tint, and I believe the XL does as well. ( My XL doesn't have the problem ). So I was wondering if u guys have experienced this yet on your Pikachu edition.

Iacobellis

Yeah, so the rubber feet on the bottom of my XL have turned a little pink today. The same thing happened on my old PSP Go. What causes this and how can I fix it?

Take some pictures and post thoughts on how it is. How easy it is to apply, what modifications, if any, you needed to do, etc.

Mostly images to see the quality. I'm worried it'll peel off over time.

Yo. Bumping the topic but my decal came in today.

PcB9oWi.jpg

Not the best quality because my iPhone's camera is all I have, but there ya go.

It took all of two minutes to apply and looks quite good! You don't have to do much other than clean off the surface and stick the thing on. Recommended if you find a decal you want to buy.

No it's not upside-down no one say that it's upside-downnnn

Unicorn

Yo. Bumping the topic but my decal came in today.

PcB9oWi.jpg

Not the best quality because my iPhone's camera is all I have, but there ya go.

It took all of two minutes to apply and looks quite good! You don't have to do much other than clean off the surface and stick the thing on. Recommended if you find a decal you want to buy.

No it's not upside-down no one say that it's upside-downnnn

How do you feel about its permanence? I'm most worried that putting it in and pulling it out of my pouch or pocket (lol) will eventually tug an edge of the decal until it looks dreadful and I peel it off. How thick is it, or how susceptible do you think it is?

Easy to apply? Easy to lineup with where you wanted it? feel securely stuck? air bubble problems?

Yeah, so the rubber feet on the bottom of my XL have turned a little pink today. The same thing happened on my old PSP Go. What causes this and how can I fix it?

cheeto fingers? are you setting it on anything with red dye (sheets, clothing)?

Gonna pick up two (my friend and I are getting one)

Just walked into a bx (military shop) and they had four of them.

Wow. looks like you ran across 10% of the total stock in the US!

How do you feel about its permanence? I'm most worried that putting it in and pulling it out of my pouch or pocket (lol) will eventually tug an edge of the decal until it looks dreadful and I peel it off. How thick is it, or how susceptible do you think it is?

Easy to apply? Easy to lineup with where you wanted it? feel securely stuck? air bubble problems?

Easy to apply. Easy to line up (this would depend on the person doing it though), no air bubbles.

Permanence seems fine. It's pretty thin. Not really sure if it's perfect though, I could potentially see it getting tugged in some situations. That said, it's still on there pretty good. I don't see how taking it in and out of a pocket would do much to it.

Unicorn

They are priced pretty decently too. about 6$ isn't too bad, if it at least lasts 6 months or a year.

Hopefully they'll get around to my clefairy custom order shortly after their Convention preparations. I'll probably buy 5 decals of it as backups. White clefairy decal on a pink XL is just too good.
035.jpg

I always wondered, is this photo from an interview with Reggie? What's the source?

I know its off-topic (and I could be wrong) but I *think* the image is from a Nintendo presentation that NoA gave in 2011 where Reggie basically said if you didn't have a 3DS then "what is wrong with you" and he shrugged at that point.

Or at least that's what I remember - it was something like that anyway ;)

Iacobellis

I know its off-topic (and I could be wrong) but I *think* the image is from a Nintendo presentation that NoA gave in 2011 where Reggie basically said if you didn't have a 3DS then "what is wrong with you" and he shrugged at that point.

Or at least that's what I remember - it was something like that anyway ;)

Nah, it's definitely not that. That was from the first Nintendo Direct (I think). The common meme is most likely from 2004-2006, seeing as there is a GameCube in the background.

Top Bottom