• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Animation was dope as hell.

Sakura should have stomped the shit out of Shin with ease but fuck it, they all got nerfed so it's to be expected.

I personally hope Naruto teaches Sarada the Rasengan, only seems fair if Boruto is getting taught by Sasuke.

Pein

Banned
I hope Sarada just uses nature techniques and combines them with each other, I want crazy fire level techniques amped with wind.

I want Madara level scale + hiruzen level mastery.

CrazyDude

New OP and ED coming in October.
OP: Little Glee Monsters: I'm in charge (They did MHA second season 1st ed.)
ED: Melofloat: I was selected (chosen)

lol. Wow. I only watched Boruto movie. Seemed like they killed him off.

That's cool.

Did you watch the credits?

He survived

tumblr_ouv26eqhZN1stfsp8o1_1280.png

Sakuras ape punches are just as boring as Sasuke.

Sarada needs a completely different and out of left field teacher.

Killer Bee.

Just?

Just?

Yes I liked Sasuke's fighting style better before all of the Sharingan craziness but it is not "just as boring" as punching really hard... lol

New OP and ED coming in October.
OP: Little Glee Monsters: I'm in charge (They did MHA second season 1st ed.)
ED: Melofloat: I was selected (chosen)

Finally! ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ

Animation was dope as hell.

Sakura should have stomped the shit out of Shin with ease but fuck it, they all got nerfed so it's to be expected.

I personally hope Naruto teaches Sarada the Rasengan, only seems fair if Boruto is getting taught by Sasuke.

Konohamaru can teach Sarada the Rasengan, he taught Boruto it and he is their Team Sensei

Naruto on the other hand seems to pressed to even teach anyone besides his family seeing as

spoilers for this month's chapter
he was brawling with Boruto but even then he had to have it as a full on demonstration for the other Genin to watch

Wild Card

I still can't believe those fuckers screwed up the Chibaku Tensei episode. My favorite manga chapter and I was so hyped. They fucked it up beyond mention. Ruined my hype for Naruto Shippuden for a long time.

It was really only a few scenes, as jarring as they were, that episode is still hype as fuck. You can just look at that episode and see how it was supposed to be a climax, that animation is incredible, especially that scene on Naruto chasing Pain through the woods on the outskirts of Konoha.

Khezu

I didn't like it because neither of them were fighting with their canon abilities, and it bugged the hell out of me.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I've always just ignored it, but super strength isn't hereditary right? Like, there's no kekkai genkai for it, the Haruno's aren't famous for it, it's basically just a byproduct of Tsunade's medical jutsu? So where is Sarada suddenly getting that herculean strength from?

Always thought it was a throwaway trait from Kishi in the gaiden so it didn't matter, but now it's confirmed, what's going on?

From what I remember, Sakura didn't exhibit super strength in the Chunin exams...and the only occasion you could argue for, I'd say was just psychological (vs. Ino).

Sakura wasn't being trained by Tsunade til after the Chunin exams. I assume the takeaway from that is Sakura must've trained Sarada in the technique as well.

I watched the first ep last night, wasn't too bad. When does the action start ramping up? Also nice how Shikadai is a bit like Boruto's common sense guardian.

PK Gaming

Sarada is such a great character. I hope that pairing with Boruto is permanent. Imagine if they had offspring.

I hope the anime does her justice like how they're doing now because the current Boruto manga doesn't respect the character at all.

kinda contradicts what happened on Boruto movie. but i might just jumping to conclusion. lets just wait it out and see what happens.

The special ninja tools aren't inherently bad. It's using them in a test that explicitly forbids them that was the issue.

MartyStu

I hope the anime does her justice like how they're doing now because the current Boruto manga doesn't respect the character at all.

The special ninja tools aren't inherently bad. It's using them in a test that explicitly forbids them that was the issue.

Yup, it s is essentially the idea that you should know how to do math by hand before you can start using a calculator.

kinda contradicts what happened on Boruto movie. but i might just jumping to conclusion. lets just wait it out and see what happens.

think of it this way, he is the Hokage he is anticipating a clan of Otsutski that is stronger then Momo and he is the standard weapon of the village the Jinjuriki
Like his father using those Kunais he opted to add a tool to his list for an ability he couldn't do, that rinnegan ability, preta path.

Compared to Boruto who was literally in a test to showcase his abilities, Naruto himself is already OP and is not in a test he is anticipating a war with aliens and is beefing up.

Parshias7

Naruto and Sasuke have both been nerfed in their old age, because Toriyama Kishimoto forgot.

Sasuke never uses his Rinnegan abilities other than the swapping places one, even though Kurama stated back during the Naruto/Sasuke fight he should have all the moves Pain did. (and he used Chibaku Tensei)

Naruto never uses his dad's teleport move even though he totally had it and it was even called out by name in chapter 700. Plus he should have all those nutty chakra natures from the pieces of the other eight Bijuus inside him, unless that was just a temporary thing. And where are those black orbs, man?

It isn't really their story any more so it isn't that big a deal. But I guess Kishimoto and now the anime writers gotta come up with some reason why Naruto and the Sauce didn't just walk all over some chump like Shin.

EDIT: Oh and Naruto pulled a Kurama-swap off camera. He has the original half of Kurama that got sucked out of him back inside him instead of his dad's half. Unless they squeezed the two foxes back together or something.

Ross61

Kishimoto just said fuck it and gave Naruto and Sasuke every god damn thing at the end. Tbh, I'm kinda glad it's not showing up.

Sesha

Sasuke will never use the
Asura path
(at least in the manga) because that'd be gross and Saskay-koon!kyaaa~ can't ever not be smooth and cool.

Shouta

I liked the additional scene with all of them at the dinner table and Sakura making it clear that Sarada is her daughter, lol. Always bothered me that they didn't make that clear to Sarada in the manga version.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Naruto and Sasuke have both been nerfed in their old age, because Toriyama Kishimoto forgot.

Sasuke never uses his Rinnegan abilities other than the swapping places one, even though Kurama stated back during the Naruto/Sasuke fight he should have all the moves Pain did. (and he used Chibaku Tensei)

Naruto never uses his dad's teleport move even though he totally had it and it was even called out by name in chapter 700. Plus he should have all those nutty chakra natures from the pieces of the other eight Bijuus inside him, unless that was just a temporary thing. And where are those black orbs, man?

It isn't really their story any more so it isn't that big a deal. But I guess Kishimoto and now the anime writers gotta come up with some reason why Naruto and the Sauce didn't just walk all over some chump like Shin.

EDIT: Oh and Naruto pulled a Kurama-swap off camera. He has the original half of Kurama that got sucked out of him back inside him instead of his dad's half. Unless they squeezed the two foxes back together or something.

Do you have a link to the page where Naruto uses the Flying Thunder God technique? I don't remember that at all.

I think the elemental moves were only available when the beasts were inside of him. Once he released them all back into the wild he lost those abilities. The orbs got explained away by being "nullified" / voided by 10-tails Madara and/or Kaguya while fighting, I think? The point was that he can't summon or regenerate them at will, I guess.

Related: was there ever an explanation why each of the Paths of Pain could only use 1 type of technique? They were just bodies controlled by chakra rods...I'd think they would each have access to any of the jutsus?

Khezu

Pain could only use one ability per body because he got fucked up by Salamander guy.
And I guess the corpses were only strong enough to support one ability.

I miss the truth seeking orbs, I mean Naruto doesn't really fight anymore, but those things were cool as hell.

Considering how much we saw the previous Hokage fight, I'm betting before this series is said and done, or at least before Naruto dies, we'll see tons of him in action bossing it up.

Next week is basically chapter 700 with a few exceptions, they won't be as young as they were in chapter 700 and Sarada will want to be Hokage.

I had a feeling this would happen since that episode were Boruto and Naruto were in the ramen shop and the news played about the summit approaching.

One more major arc or more like a mini arc and we are done with the academy.

They are also going to pan out the genin stuff too before the movie and add more plot to the overall movie arc

Any interesting fights in the series yet?

The thing is the series has been showing some cool fight scenes but either they are training matches or just quick exchanges before a hold up in the match or someone who is an adult that is already developed (ahem Naruto or Sasuke) just ending it quickly.

Makes sense since they are still kids but I hope they extend battles when they become genins and face off people more akin to their level.

Chengxi Huang is a good animator in this series. Did the parts of the Nue vs Boruto fight, the Sakura vs Shin fight, the Hanabi vs Boruto spar, etc...

The Academy stuff is great though since the parents are missing.

I agree. There's been glimpses of great action but it's always so short. Some of the animation on Boruto like that whole sequence with Nue and Mitsuki look amazing.

Watch that if you haven't Slayven but yeah it's all just glimpses. Nothing sustained just yet I don't think.

edit: Totally forgot about the Hanabi vs Boruto spar. That was great too.

I like the very brief Mitsuki vs class president (what's her name again?) Mitsuki in general is a pretty cool character to watch in action.

I hope we get the ultimate Boruto leaves town and embarks on the stereotypical shounen epic training journey where he matures and returns a grown man with new tricks and whatnot.

Visits different villages and trains with different people. Including Sasuke and Naruto at some point.

I need this.

Episode 23 has to be the best episode of the series so far. If only every episode featured Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura who was really good. Also, for a show that's called "Boruto" Sarada is a more interesting and enjoyable character than him. I rather she be the lead character in the series than Boruto.

Episode 23 has to be the best episode of the series so far. If only every episode featured Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura who was really good. Also, for a show that's called "Boruto" Sarada is a more interesting and enjoyable character than him. I rather she be the lead character in the series compared to Boruto.

I like Sarada a lot but I think they're playing the long game with Boruto since it is his series. He still has tons of room for development to get to his eventual badass ninja state

I do love the role reversal of Sarada being interesting in Hokage and Borute settling for badass protector like sasuke. It's a good dynamic because Sarada is pretty cool.

Top Bottom