• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Pein

Banned
Queen.
LikelyMammothDolphin-size_restricted.gif

FrankImpureDachshund-size_restricted.gif

ImprobableNegativeGourami-size_restricted.gif

seriously, its tragic one piece and DB super don't get this level of animation

Khezu

seriously, its tragic one piece and DB super don't get this level of animation

Eh, I don't know about One Piece (because I irrationally hate it's artstyle), but Super's boring ass fight scenes don't really need fancy animations.

It would be like wasting good animation on a Ichigo fight in Bleach.

I also realized via this episode that Sasuke's VA didn't really try to change his characters voice from Shippuden to adulthood

same voice, same pitch

Naruto's VA at least deepened it a little or made him speak slower or something

Pein

Banned
Eh, I don't know about One Piece (because I irrationally hate it's artstyle), but Super's boring ass fight scenes don't really need fancy animations.

It would be like wasting good animation on a Ichigo fight in Bleach.
Go back and watch some of bleachs best fights ichigo vs grimmijow was bonkers

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
this fucking episode with the fight scenes..wew Can’t wait for Disney to buy the US rights to Boruto, edit all the blood from today’s episode to green kool aid, and Shin is presumed dead from a broken heart.

new ED 😴

sounds like the movie arc has to start soon..i guess in a month. They already have to change some parts of it since Boruto knows Sarada’s dream now unless post credit stuff isn’t canon. I hope they don’t pull a DB Super and stretch the movie arc tor 20 episodes. I was going to get that Road To Boruto game since it seems to follow the movie plot and some stuff before and after.

theWB27

I also realized via this episode that Sasuke's VA didn't really try to change his characters voice from Shippuden to adulthood

same voice, same pitch

Naruto's VA at least deepened it a little or made him speak slower or something

Really just sounds like naruto is copying sauce's monotone.... dig it though.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

The animation hasnt always been this good has it.
I missed the last few episodes because of reasons, came back watched this one and was like WTF is this from the movie or something?

That was amazing.

KHlover

Banned
Posting a gif from an episode with amazing animation isn't the best example
Yeah, just last episode (or was it two weeks ago?) we've had a fight with some awful animation. If we cherry pic just the very best parts even One Piece and DB Super have great animation (though DB Super at least has a much higher baseline than One Piece nowadays).

Verelios

I've always just ignored it, but super strength isn't hereditary right? Like, there's no kekkai genkai for it, the Haruno's aren't famous for it, it's basically just a byproduct of Tsunade's medical jutsu? So where is Sarada suddenly getting that herculean strength from?

Always thought it was a throwaway trait from Kishi in the gaiden so it didn't matter, but now it's confirmed, what's going on?

From what I remember, Sakura didn't exhibit super strength in the Chunin exams...and the only occasion you could argue for, I'd say was just psychological (vs. Ino).

VariantX

I've always just ignored it, but super strength isn't hereditary right? Like, there's no kekkai genkai for it, the Haruno's aren't famous for it, it's basically just a byproduct of Tsunade's medical jutsu? So where is Sarada suddenly getting that herculean strength from?

Always thought it was a throwaway trait from Kishi in the gaiden so it didn't matter, but now it's confirmed, what's going on?

From what I remember, Sakura didn't exhibit super strength in the Chunin exams...and the only occasion you could argue for, I'd say was just psychological (vs. Ino).

The super strength is from perfect chakra control I believe. It's closer to a talent rather than a bloodline trait so theoretically, anyone can do it if they have the talent for it. Those punches that can seemingly split the earth and their ability lift insanely heavy objects comes from concentrating the flow of their chakra to certain parts of their body with extremely high precision when needed. Also know that just like Tsunade, at all times shes also managing to feed chakra into that jewel on her forehead while doing all these other things.

My head hurts when people post this gif as example of bad animation. It might not have art style you like but that is some damn fine animation (like most of Pain fight).
I can appreciate what they were going for, but in execution they made it look like a scene from loony tunes.

The super strength is from perfect chakra control I believe. It's closer to a talent rather than a bloodline trait so theoretically, anyone can do it if they have the talent for it. Those punches that can seemingly split the earth and their ability lift insanely heavy objects comes from concentrating the flow of their chakra to certain parts of their body with extremely high precision when needed. Also know that just like Tsunade, at all times shes also managing to feed chakra into that jewel on her forehead while doing all these other things.

It's kinda strange how Shizune was never able to utilise super strength when she has showcased excellent chakra control, as shown by her using strands of Neji's hair to help repair his injuries after the Sound 4 battle. I mean she had a team to help her but still. Her level of chakra control should have been high enough to properly learn the ability imo.

I think the dude that animated that Sakura vs Shin fight is the same dude that did that Nue Boruto bit
tumblr_osm9a7nAiO1r2rp33o3_r1_540.gif

tumblr_osm9a7nAiO1r2rp33o1_540.gif

tumblr_osm9a7nAiO1r2rp33o2_540.gif

It's kinda strange how Shizune was never able to utilise super strength when she has showcased excellent chakra control, as shown by her using strands of Neji's hair to help repair his injuries after the Sound 4 battle. I mean she had a team to help her but still. Her level of chakra control should have been high enough to properly learn the ability imo.

yeah but then you wouldn't have the disciple pupil stuff with the Sanin

even Kabuto was rejected and his all character arc was him just injecting Orochi cells instead to surpass Orochi, compared to Sasuke that was the disciple (even though Sasuke didn't really get anything other then the curse seal - now gone, the snake summon, and poison tolerance).

Some Boruto Chapter 16 spoiler pages leaked

Naruto can do other affinities like a earth wall with ease
Makes sense since in the end of the series he got all the affinities and applied it to his Rasen Shuriken

teaching Boruto stuff

Boruto can do a water wave ability

Edit:

Naruto Also upgraded his arm via the science/tech/development department so that his fake arm can absorb certain ninjitsus like Momo

he can't expel them after though

Verelios

That makes sense then, I guess. Kind of weird that no one else has been utilizing it, but in a world where huge chakra= country Buster's I can see why.

VariantX

That makes sense then, I guess. Kind of weird that no one else has been utilizing it, but in a world where huge chakra= country Buster's I can see why.

On another note, Sakura doesn't have much chakra to begin with. I don't exactly know how much but given Kakashis comments about how much more quickly she learned to control her chakra and walk up to the top of the tree, she likely has an average amount compared to the monstrous amount of chakra reserves that Sasuke and Naruto have at their disposal.

Khezu

Makes sense since in the end of the series he got all the affinities and applied it to his Rasen Shuriken

teaching Boruto stuff

Edit:

Naruto Also upgraded his arm via the science/tech/development department so that his fake arm can absorb certain ninjitsus like Momo

Shit is starting to get interesting.

I can look past the art if the story is decent enough.

The thing with CES (Chakra Enhanced Strength) is that it isn't really ideal in close quarter combat, especially when you are facing off against people with taijutsu skill (like gates and gentle-fist) also people with precognitive (sharingan, sage mode, byakugan, etc...) abilities (even chakra sensing like what Karin has since Sasuke told her to help predict Killer Bees movements in that fight. Dodging is another scenario).

If you look here you see Shin (who has precog) parry Sakura at her wrist.
The reason for this is that CES brings out chakra from the hands and feet in order to cause damage/strength. A regular non clan based ninja can only bring out chakra from their hands and feet or chakra from one particular limb at one particular time, instead of it being in conjunction.
So parrying via the wrist protects the user from the CES fist since if they did fist to fist then there hand would likely shatter from the CES.

Add the fact that the Sharingan (Shin) can see chakra to some extent (not the network like the byakugan) and also has precognitive abilities and Shin would be able to parry accordingly.
This is why CES is never actually used as one of Tsunade's medical rules until you have the byakugou (or seal of 100). By having that healing factor then you can go into a slug fest with more risks and be able to do more unorthodox'd moves that would put your body in danger against the opponent.

Another thing that I find interesting is besides the gentle fist and its ability to shut down the chakra network, would the Rinnegan Preta Path be able to negate a CES impact fist or kick to the body if activate? Since CES is a chakra infused fist after all and not actual physical strength.
It would likely count if you can take a real punch still since the force of a punch is still coming at you even if you absorbed the CES.

rambis

Banned

teaching Boruto stuff

Edit:

Holy shit,
It never crossed my mind that Naruto would instruct Boruto. Thought they would be at odds the whole way. Also, if the War arc showed us anything,
its that everyone can basically do limited amounts of all the elements, like when Shika had everyone do a douton wall against the Juubi.

I need it now damnit.

ghstwrld

On another note, Sakura doesn't have much chakra to begin with. I don't exactly know how much but given Kakashis comments about how much more quickly she learned to control her chakra and walk up to the top of the tree, she likely has an average amount compared to the monstrous amount of chakra reserves that Sasuke and Naruto have at their disposal.

but when it comes to chakra control, their overall reserves at that point don't matter because they're only working from the small pool they've kneaded to do whatever

rambis

Banned

I don't think Sasuke was ever said to have impressive chakra reserves until he was using Susanno powers. He was markedly weaker at things like the fireball jutsu at the same age of Itachi and couldn't impress his dad without a ton of work. He was amazed at what Naruto could do in the war arc.

Pein

Banned
I don't think Sasuke was ever said to have impressive chakra reserves until he was using Susanno powers. He was markedly weaker at things like the fireball jutsu at the same age of Itachi and couldn't impress his dad without a ton of work. He was amazed at what Naruto could do in the war arc.
That's because naruto didn't just rely on eye ball power ups and that's all sasuke did. Sasuke got so boring when he just started using MS all the time.

teaching Boruto stuff

Edit:

oh man this is interesting AF on multiple levels

why does this shit have to be monthly?

Wasn't everyone just hatin hard on developments in the last chapter

How do you guys feel about the overall direction the manga is heading?

rambis

Banned
That's because naruto didn't just rely on eye ball power ups and that's all sasuke did. Sasuke got so boring when he just started using MS all the time.
Yeah honestly the uchihas in general got boring. Getting stronger as they get madder is as bad as Saiyans powering up just from surviving battles. It seems like kishi just flipped switches at random points giving Sasuke buffs.

I actually like the setup at the start with the flash forward and the overall premise. I think there's so much potential to go back to telling good ninja stories while developing Boruto and the rest of the cast in a cool way that doesn't get all absorbed by a war arc that lasts a thousand chapters.

I reeeeeeealllllly dislike that it's monthly. Hard to gain momentum and feel like things are really going. Every 2 weeks with the same length would be better to me.

Pein

Banned

story wise its fine and boruto learning from different teachers and making friends and hinting at new villains is all good but that art though, jesus.

MartyStu

Yeah honestly the uchihas in general got boring. Getting stronger as they get madder is as bad as Saiyans powering up just from surviving battles. It seems like kishi just flipped switches at random points giving Sasuke buffs.

I would be VERY impressed and grateful if the writer subverted expectations and did not have Sarada's eyes get any fancier than they are now. Evolving her powers on a different track. Closer to Sakura--without the medical stuff.

Khezu

Sakuras ape punches are just as boring as Sasuke.

Sarada needs a completely different and out of left field teacher.

Killer Bee.

Top Bottom