• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boy-Age: Because boys will be cute and silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jin34 said:
Well most people are.

Edit:
Ok so that was pretty a Capt. Obvious statement

Yeah I think she's also held back by the traditional norm of the guy asking the girl out. She's not one to break out of certain molds.

_Isaac

Devolution said:
Signs include when they're out making sure she's always around him, if she wants to wonder off and do something else, he insists that she stick around with him and his friends and do something else. Taking her out alone. And getting a bit pissy when other guys are doting on her.

I said she should get up the courage and ask him if he won't do it. I don't know what to tell her at this point.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I've done all this stuff with a girl, and I'm gay, so that still might not mean he's into her. :p

Jin34

Devolution said:
Yeah I think she's also held back by the traditional norm of the guy asking the girl out. She's not one to break out of certain molds.

I'm all for making girls be more direct, some of you are too damn vague!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Devolution said:
I actually have a question for the guys.

One of my friends has a "guy friend" right now who is sending all these signals that he's really into her but it's been months and he's made no move. She likes him a lot and would love to have him as a bf but long story short she's too chickenshit to ask him out and doesn't want to "lose" what they currently have.

Signs include when they're out making sure she's always around him, if she wants to wonder off and do something else, he insists that she stick around with him and his friends and do something else. Taking her out alone. And getting a bit pissy when other guys are doting on her.

I said she should get up the courage and ask him if he won't do it. I don't know what to tell her at this point.
Honestly? If you're that sure that they're both into each other, then this is the point at which you work to set them up. It actually worked really well for me and one girl who I dated for almost a year when her friends said "hey dipshit, she likes you too so just ask her out"
Sometimes the guy just needs that little push to get over the fear of rejection.

The_Technomancer said:
Honestly? If you're that sure that they're both into each other, then this is the point at which you work to set them up. It actually worked really well for me and one girl who I dated for almost a year when her friends said "hey dipshit, she likes you too so just ask her out"
Sometimes the guy just needs that little push to get over the fear of rejection.

I'd do it but I don't know him. Haven't even met him yet. He lives around where she works.

Ultima_5

soultron said:
There's nothing wrong in asking a guy out if you like him. I've had girls who've admitted feelings for me and I just told them, "Sorry, that's not the way I see you. I value our friendship though." And, to this day, we're still good friends. No animosity, nothing.
I really like it when girls do this... Tell her to break with tradition and ask him out. Like others have said, he's probably a GAF member and has been told hundreds of times that if he doesn't make a move in the first 10 minutes he's friendzoned, so he's to afraid to do anything

Big B

this guy told me he can't date or get serious with me because he's too much of a whore. After 2 months of heavy flirting and cuddling. Thanks for the absolute waste of time.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Big B said:
this guy told me he can't date or get serious with me because he's too much of a whore. After 2 months of heavy flirting and cuddling. Thanks for the absolute waste of time.

At least it was only two months, it could be much worse. Maybe he felt you getting more serious than he would like and that is why he only said so now? It probably hurts a lot now, but it will fade. Don't worry!

Devolution said:
Yeah I think she's really afraid of rejection though.

So is he.

It is sort of amazing to me (as a guy) that so many girls will outright refuse to ask a guy out, ever. Some of my female friends have asked me a similar question to what you're saying, that there's a guy they think likes them and OH WHYYYYYY won't he make a move. Suggest they do something about it and they recoil, "what if he says no??"

It's sort of a shame, really. From an objective view I think more girls should try it out and get rejected so that both sides know what it's like. But eh, useless to worry about it.

I don't want the relationship to degrade into just "going through the motions" but we've been together so long, it's hard work to keep the relationship from becoming stale. We're not having problems or anything, but I've been wondering lately how people who have been together so long do it. Or if a lot of long term relationships are more about routine, which is just depressing.

I've been wondering this myself, being in a long-term relationship (nearly 6 years). But then again, I think we both kind of like how comfortable it is. I think it's a case of "the grass is greener," if you follow. Routine actually allows you to pull off a lot of fun surprises because if you go to the effort, it's actually unexpected at that point. It doesn't usually have the same crazy highs and lows as a new relationship but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

timetokill said:
So is he.

It is sort of amazing to me (as a guy) that so many girls will outright refuse to ask a guy out, ever. Some of my female friends have asked me a similar question to what you're saying, that there's a guy they think likes them and OH WHYYYYYY won't he make a move. Suggest they do something about it and they recoil, "what if he says no??"

It's sort of a shame, really. From an objective view I think more girls should try it out and get rejected so that both sides know what it's like. But eh, useless to worry about it.
That's how me and my ex ended up together. I wanted to test the waters for a week or so, and she (literally) smacked me in the head and wanted us to go out.

timetokill said:
I've been wondering this myself, being in a long-term relationship (nearly 6 years). But then again, I think we both kind of like how comfortable it is. I think it's a case of "the grass is greener," if you follow. Routine actually allows you to pull off a lot of fun surprises because if you go to the effort, it's actually unexpected at that point. It doesn't usually have the same crazy highs and lows as a new relationship but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

(going on 8 myself)

It's not necessarily bad, just different. Most of the time I just think, could someone else put up with my shit this much. And that pretty much squashes it lol.

Devolution said:
(going on 8 myself)

It's not necessarily bad, just different. Most of the time I just think, could someone else put up with my shit this much. And that pretty much squashes it lol.

Pretty much the exact thoughts right out of my head!

Devolution said:
Change of topic, tinychat reminded me how much I loathe dudebro shirts on guys.

What exactly is a dudebro shirt? Affliction/Tapout/Ed Hardy shit? Because those are abominations. Or is a dudebro shirt like a guy wearing a popped collar? Cause most of the time the only thing wrong there is the popped collar. It's amazing how many guys I have seen that wouldn't look like idiots without the popped collar. In either case, I wonder what they were thinking.

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
What exactly is a dudebro shirt? Affliction/Tapout/Ed Hardy shit? Because those are abominations. Or is a dudebro shirt like a guy wearing a popped collar? Cause most of the time the only thing wrong there is the popped collar. It's amazing how many guys I have seen that wouldn't look like idiots without the popped collar. In either case, I wonder what they were thinking.

Spot on. Yes those.

CHEEZMO™ said:
Conversely, what is your opinion on MLP shirts?
Daenerys-mylittlepony.jpg

CHEEZMO™ said:

Not as cool as the awesome Donatello TMNT shirt my mother-in-law bought me for some god forsaken reason. You know, the one where the shirt is green and it has their bandanna and outline of their faces?

Eh, I guess it's good or lounging around the house.... I guess...

Edit: Or was it Leo... hmmm

CHEEZMO™ said:

I wouldn't know what to think are we talking like this?

Ladies_Diamante_My_Little_Pony_Blue_T_Shirt_from_Famous_Forever_500_247_290_76.jpg

Because I'd be bothered by anyone wearing such a shirt that isn't a kid. And not because it's ponies, I'd feel the same about Transformers or something. It's kind of an age relative thing.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Devolution said:
I wouldn't know what to think are we talking like this?

http://images.truffleshuffle.co.uk/store/images/thumb_cache/Ladies_Diamante_My_Little_Pony_Blue_T_Shirt_from_Famous_Forever_500_247_290_76.jpg[img]

Because I'd be bothered by anyone wearing such a shirt that isn't a kid. And not because it's ponies, I'd feel the same about Transformers or something. It's kind of an age relative thing.[/QUOTE]
More like:

[URL="http://shirtsbyshift.spreadshirt.com/cooler-from-the-front-hw-A7228897/customize/color/2"]This[/URL]

[URL="http://shirtbrony.spreadshirt.com/about-how-much-cooler-v2-hw-A7227605/customize/color/63"]And this.[/URL]

Specimens of smexiness.

CHEEZMO™ said:
More like:

This

And this.

Specimens of smexiness.

Oh those are fine. But to be honest I prefer stuff without words/logos. Nothing wrong with plain colored shirts. People making statements with their clothes reminds me of highschool too much.

Fetts_Jets said:
ZkJ9i.jpg

Nothing says "Mid-Life Crisis" like an Ed Hardy tiger face shirt...

Perfect example, just ugh.

Devolution said:
I don't even understand why someone would tuck a shirt into their jeans.
I have a buddy that is guilty of doing this all the damn time with his t-shirts. You should never tuck in a t-shirt. It's like wearing black socks with velcro sandals.

Fetts_Jets said:
I have a buddy that is guilty of doing this all the damn time with his t-shirts. You should never tuck in a t-shirt. It's like wearing black socks with velcro sandals.

Tucking a shirt is fine when you're wearing a suit, but unless you buy well fitted stuff, there's like this weird muffin top fold with the shirt that happens.

This isn't too bad but displays what I'm talking about on the sides:

button-down-collar-mini-houndstooth-business-shirt1.jpg

Edit: And tucking in a t-shirt just seems dumb in general.

SolKane

If you're a man over the age of 18, you shouldn't be wearing graphic Ts. That's all, and it goes for all the dudebro shirts and manchild MLP shirts.

And band shirts.

SolKane said:
If you're a man over the age of 18, you shouldn't be wearing graphic Ts. That's all, and it goes for all the dudebro shirts and manchild MLP shirts.

And band shirts.

Should they all wear checkered shirts and loafers? I refuse to buy into this mentality that once one turns x they should start doing y, it's HOT PANTS for me FOREVER.

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I resent the fact that you look down on my extensive collection of graphic Ts representing Philadelphia Sports Teams.

Oh I wasn't really considering jerseys and sports teams stuff when talking about graphic ts. I was mostly thinking of obnoxious stuff. I got some giants gear myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom