• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boy-Age: Because boys will be cute and silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fetts_Jets said:
Sometimes I wonder if guys know how awesome they can look in plain black tees...

Black tees are all well and good unless you have dry skin or are in a dusty environment for more than 15 minutes. Oh and avoid black lights.

rataplein

hi, i have beard and long hair.

girls seem to like it. i mean, REALLY like it.

i only read the first few pages... but was kind of surprised that LONG hair and beard are a turn off. boo.

suzu

I'd say that most people who come into contact with guys with long hair + beards look dirty or unkempt. I'm sure you're doing fine if girls dig it.

Koodo

Banned
Fetts_Jets said:
Sometimes I wonder if guys know how awesome they can look in plain black tees...
I don't think the majority know because I can only recall one guy with a black tee at my campus. The other black clothing I've seen guys wear are those tacky muscle/tight shirts (emphasis on tacky).

rataplein said:
i only read the first few pages... but was kind of surprised that LONG hair and beard are a turn off. boo.
Really? I think a lot of people here like beards (I just posted a pic on the previous page of David Williams with a hot beard). Long hair is indeed debatable though. :lol

suzu said:
I'd say that most people who come into contact with guys with long hair + beards look dirty or unkempt. I'm sure you're doing fine if girls dig it.

This. If you got the hair for it too, it's better. Not my ideal though.

There certain types of guys that can totally pull off the long hair look (as long as they take care of it). But I totally dig guys with shorter hair. As for beards I don't know if I'd wanna kiss a guy that had a full on beard. It's just not super appealing to me... like it wouldn't feel that great or something....

Oozinator

Banned
I'm attempting the plain white t-shirt style during summer but I noticed that my nipples are slightly visible through the shirt, OK or KO ?

5'10", 150 lbs guy here

rataplein

yes, i have a beautiful, incredible nice smelling hair (lol, really). but i know the beard is pushing it know. i was using a short trimed full beard, but now i have a long goatee like brad pitt a few months ago. (without the good looks i think...)

_Isaac

Fetts_Jets said:
There certain types of guys that can totally pull off the long hair look (as long as they take care of it). But I totally dig guys with shorter hair. As for beards I don't know if I'd wanna kiss a guy that had a full on beard. It's just not super appealing to me... like it wouldn't feel that great or something....

Yeah. I don't know what it is, but some guys can really pull off long hair and look pretty good. Of course, they would look 5000 times better with short hair.

G-Fex

That reminds me I think my clothes are bland but it's okay cause I don't go out that much to at all.

I just wear t-shirts all the time and jean pants. Pretty normal pretty plain.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
_Isaac said:
Yeah. I don't know what it is, but some guys can really pull off long hair and look pretty good. Of course, they would look 5000 times better with short hair.

I do -not- look good with short hair. I will always look better with my dreads.

NjIYt.jpg

"Feels good man."

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Devolution said:
I dunno, you look like you could pull off a close cropped fade.

Eh, I might be able to look okay with short hair, at best - but the dreads have aged me well, they give me a slight air of mystery and make my ethnicity even more ambiguous. All things that work in my favour, went to a club a little while ago and literally had half a dozen girls touching, grabbing and commenting on my hair. Mind you it was a hipster club full of drunk white girls who probably wanted to talk to one of the 3 black guys in the club that wasn't a bouncer, but still.

Admit it! I look better with long hair. I look even better now.

Kinitari said:
Eh, I might be able to look okay with short hair, at best - but the dreads have aged me well, they give me a slight air of mystery and make my ethnicity even more ambiguous. All things that work in my favour, went to a club a little while ago and literally had half a dozen girls touching, grabbing and commenting on my hair. Mind you it was a hipster club full of drunk white girls who probably wanted to talk to one of the 3 black guys in the club that wasn't a bouncer, but still.

Admit it! I look better with long hair. I look even better now.

I dunno I'm gonna need more pics before I decide ;).

yuna55

I like Kinitari's hair - looks good on him. Some guys can pull off long hair, but most of the time when they do chop it off.... drooooollll so hot.

It's like seeing a guy dressed up for work for the first time after only knowing him to wear casual stuff. Oh my, well don't you clean up nice. Now take off your pants.

Jackson50

Devolution said:
If they're graphic I prefer they be abstract and void of any stupid messages/text.
I generally find most graphic t-shirts gaudy and lame. I only wear them when I work out. And those are t-shirts I was given for volunteering at the Humane Society.
Fetts_Jets said:
Just don't tuck your t-shirts into your jeans
Yes. All men must heed this. I see this sin committed with frightening frequency.

So update on my girlfriend. The guy she was into asked her to be his girlfriend, long story short they hooked up because he was down about his grandpa dying and they were both drunk. He called her the next day and broke up with her. What the fuck...

Devolution said:
So update on my girlfriend. The guy she was into asked her to be his girlfriend, long story short they hooked up because he was down about his grandpa dying and they were both drunk. He called her the next day and broke up with her. What the fuck...

I'm still in disbelief after reading this. This guy ASKS her to be his GF, has sex, and breaks up with her. What the fuck? She needs to check her LJBF circle, she probably has a semi-decent guy somewhere in there.

Devolution said:

That's ridiculous, really fucked up. I guess it's for the best if she realizes she should move on, he sounds pretty "off" if you catch my meaning.

HeySeuss

Devolution said:
Maybe she smells down there. Can be a complete deal breaker.

Devolution said:

Weird. I'd wager a guess that he's not that in touch with his feelings, because the first sex he has with someone being grief sex doesn't seem like the most auspicious way to start. Either that or he had some idea and did it anyways, which shows some lack of concern. Either way he seems too fickle to be very interesting. I mean, yes, feelings do fluctuate, I could personally write an essay on that... but come on.

I do know some people that kind of remind me of that. They can get themselves so excited about the idea of something, that they can begin to believe their own contorted version of the truth. This makes it hard to ever know if they are 'lying', so it undermines all the confidence you might hold them in, as you just begin to see almost everything about them as somewhat dubious. But at the same time you can't entirely blame them, because they seem just as subject to their own deluded perceptions of reality. You can't really hate them, but they're entirely unmanageable. I think they're best left to their own devices, if they ever come to their senses it will probably be alone, because if you convince them they might just want to begin believing in a beautiful and partial truth again, and string you along on the way. So all of those things considered it's probably best to just avoid people like that.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
MaestroRyan said:
Hello, Boy-Age. I am a boy. And I have a question for you (kinda the opposite of the thread, but the other thread will prob give bad advice).

There is a girl at my school that I very much want to date. She and I hang out multiple times a week, we have a bunch in common (sincerely, not forced). We're both English/Political Science, we both love writing, the same bands, the same activities..

But, she has a boyfriend. They both live in NYC, but he goes to Michigan.. He is smarter than I am, more attractive than I am, more athletic than I am, etc. But I must win, I must defeat him.

How?

14tr3vl.png

MaestroRyan said:
Hello, Boy-Age. I am a boy. And I have a question for you (kinda the opposite of the thread, but the other thread will prob give bad advice).

There is a girl at my school that I very much want to date. She and I hang out multiple times a week, we have a bunch in common (sincerely, not forced). We're both English/Political Science, we both love writing, the same bands, the same activities..

But, she has a boyfriend. They both live in NYC, but he goes to Michigan.. He is smarter than I am, more attractive than I am, more athletic than I am, etc. But I must win, I must defeat him.

How?
If she has a boyfriend, you'd be risking your friendship to poison their relationship.

umop_3pisdn said:
Weird. I'd wager a guess that he's not that in touch with his feelings, because the first sex he has with someone being grief sex doesn't seem like the most auspicious way to start. Either that or he had some idea and did it anyways, which shows some lack of concern. Either way he seems too fickle to be very interesting. I mean, yes, feelings do fluctuate, I could personally write an essay on that... but come on.

I do know some people that kind of remind me of that. They can get themselves so excited about the idea of something, that they can begin to believe their own contorted version of the truth. This makes it hard to ever know if they are 'lying', so it undermines all the confidence you might hold them in, as you just begin to see almost everything about them as somewhat dubious. But at the same time you can't entirely blame them, because they seem just as subject to their own deluded perceptions of reality. You can't really hate them, but they're entirely unmanageable. I think they're best left to their own devices, if they ever come to their senses it will probably be alone, because if you convince them they might just want to begin believing in a beautiful and partial truth again, and string you along on the way. So all of those things considered it's probably best to just avoid people like that.

I feel awful because here she was trying to go for a guy she thought was a genuinely decent guy and he turns out to be a douchebag too.

KAOz

Short bus special
Devolution said:
I feel awful because here she was trying to go for a guy she thought was a genuinely decent guy and he turns out to be a douchebag too.

We have a saying for this in Swedish.

"The ugliest fishes, are always in the calmest of waters." (Roughly translated.)

-Babyteks-

Neo Member
Oozinator said:
I'm attempting the plain white t-shirt style during summer but I noticed that my nipples are slightly visible through the shirt, OK or KO ?

5'10", 150 lbs guy here

That's more than all right (unless U have manboobs in which case the nipples aren't the issue)

EDIT: Actually I don't know why the fuck I answered. As with everything some ppl will think it's gross others will love it and yet more won't notice.

Do whatever the hell U feel like.

Jin34

Devolution said:

Try and find out how the sex was from both sides, and the post-coital. People are weird and it could be many things (smelly cooch, she stealth fingered him and he had some freak out about it because he liked it) who knows.

Somewhat unrelated but a girl at my job was saying how she wears boardshorts or shirts whenever she goes to the beach because she conscious about how she looks but what I'm thinking while she says that is: "The fuck? You are probably the girl I'm most attracted to here, the hell are you talking about?". Like I said, we are all weirdos to a degree and can have blow-up reactions to silly things.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The post your pic thread got me thinking, why is it common to not associate the word beautiful towards guys? Its not a word I would ever use towards describing men because I don't see the beauty in them(well maybe the eyes and smile) as a whole. Hot and handsome, I can. But with women, I can look at them as beautiful.

I guess I never seen a beautiful men, if such a thing exist :p

/random thought

Marius_ said:
The post your pic thread got me thinking, why is it common to not associate the word beautiful towards guys? Its not a word I would ever use towards describing men because I don't see the beauty in them(well maybe the eyes and smile) as a whole. Hot and handsome, I can. But with women, I can look at them as beautiful.

/random thought
Oh, trust me, beautiful men exist:

bernardo-velasco-f.jpg

this is very much a definition of the word 'beautiful'

Marius_ said:

/random thought
Guys can be beautiful. I'm fuckin' beautiful.

Although I see what you're saying. I've noticed that it's less common for guys to call each other beautiful, but I know girls who will talk about how beautiful some guys are, and (obviously) guys who will call females beautiful. Kinda weird, but that's how it is.

I think this is the most I've used the word "beautiful" that I can remember.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
umop_3pisdn said:
I think of men as beautiful all the time. Think about mountains, they can be both rugged and beautiful :p

The vista can be beautiful but never the mountain itself. I guess I associate beauty with nature and femininity

That guy is hot though, *drools

Marius_ said:
The vista can be beautiful but never the mountain itself. I guess I associate beauty with nature and femininity

You're wrong (I love mountains!) but I can understand that association, the association between beauty and femininity does seem stronger, but beauty basically just means "aesthetic", so I see it as more of a gender-neutral thing by default.

LProtag

rataplein said:
hi, i have beard and long hair.

girls seem to like it. i mean, REALLY like it.

I dunno. I had shaggy shaggy hair that I hadn't gotten cut for a good half a year or so, sort of like a massive mop top. My girlfriend liked it, as well as the fact that I was lazy and had beard.

Recently I got a lot of my hair cut off, not using a razor but pretty much as close as you can with scissors, with a little more left on top. I also shaved. She seemed to like this look as well.

Then again, this is my girlfriend so I assume she's going to think I look cute no matter what I do (unless I shave my head or something equally as dramatic probably).

Beautiful and gorgeous, both, since they're normally reserved for women, seem a bigger compliment when applied to men.

(I don't think I've ever been called either - sans by my gf - which is likely why I feel this way.)

Kyon

Banned
These threads are everything! *subscribes* <3

btw i've noticed many gay guys identify as "straight acting", i have never judged other gay guys cause i love them all, but whats the deal with the "straight acting" deal? am i missing something? i thought we all liked guys here? or is it another term for "masculine"? How do you act straight? just curious :X

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Kyon said:
These threads are everything! *subscribes* <3

btw i've noticed many gay guys identify as "straight acting", i have never judged other gay guys cause i love them all, but whats the deal with the "straight acting" deal? am i missing something? i thought we all liked guys here? or is it another term for "masculine"? How do you act straight? just curious :X

They are not out yet?

Kyon

Banned
:lol they are. but i guess they dont know if they want to embrace who they are fully yet. idk also i dont get all the hate for the more feminine gay guys! they are so funny and lovable i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom