• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second: End Layer |OT| Those Thighs, Good Gravy! [out now in NA]

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Brakke

Banned
Entering chapter 3 and I still don't have a fun class build idea. What's a good subclass for Tomahawk?

I like it with Astrologer or Fencer. Stack a buff or two onto yourself via spell or stance, then put up Harpoon and a Warhead and you just savagely murder fools. Also your MP demands in Tomahawk are pretty low, so it doesn't hurt to double up as off-support.

A lot of my boss fights now are a couple of turns of me putting up healing mists and figuring out patterns and then I save up BP for a super-buffed Tomahawk to unleash four Barrage shots on the Boss, then four again, then get Undo BP from an Excorcist for two more blasts.

vareon

I like it with Astrologer or Fencer. Stack a buff or two onto yourself via spell or stance, then put up Harpoon and a Warhead and you just savagely murder fools. Also your MP demands in Tomahawk are pretty low, so it doesn't hurt to double up as off-support.

A lot of my boss fights now are a couple of turns of me putting up healing mists and figuring out patterns and then I save up BP for a super-buffed Tomahawk to unleash four Barrage shots on the Boss, then four again, then get Undo BP from an Excorcist for two more blasts.

Yeah right now I have Tomahawk + Astral Magic plus spellcraft sincs they have a good MP reserve. Thanks!

Right now I have:
- Tomahawk Yew
- Magnolia the Triple Wielding fencer/blademastee who deals a lot of damage each turn (but dies if enemy dared attack)
- Knight/Fencer Edea which is pretty much unstoppable but low atk power
- Triple wielding Wizard/Bishop Tiz with great magic power but dies at a stone throw.

Since I haven't found a good grinding spot, I'm not really comfortable in switching classrs just yet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've just been doing super boring stuff like mimic'd summon amped spellcrafted stuff.

Quad wielding wands of course because I find the idea too humorous.

zelhawks37

Just got to chapter 1. Loving this game so far with my favorite part being the party chats. The combat is flawless like the first game and the music is great too. Looking forward to getting further in this.

Wagram

Well they solved the issue of the
hourglass
. Tricky bastards.

Managed to complete the main campaign on hard at 64 hours. I really liked it overall. It's true that it does reuse a lot of assets from its predecessor, but considering it's a JRPG in which you explored the entire world in the previous entry; it's not surprising. I think there's been enough time that's passed since Bravely Default and enough new content that it doesn't matter. The story is executed much better than the first, there's no ridiculous second half that breaks the pacing, and the characters are overall in my opinion better. Thank god for no main party Agnes. The OST was a slight step down, but only slight. I liked that they used older songs and what not. Great game and definitely deserves better sales than it seems to be receiving. 8.5/10

I hope there's a sequel,
there seems to be ideas for one creatively if the ending is anything to go by.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If anyone wants a free Gathelatio DLC costume set here you go:
B0KWHYX73R6J6DVF
giphy.gif

Thank you

Sifl

Question about skills for a certain job:
So, can you get
Catmancy abilities from enemies you missed after chapter 5?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Finished the game yesterday, and just finished completing a couple things I wanted to do (bestiary and equipment, didn't bother getting all the titles). Overall I enjoyed the game, though I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't anything similar to the boss gauntlet in BD. A lot of the new jobs were pretty cool, though I didn't really scratch the surface in terms of seeing how potent a lot of them are (like guardian). Spellcraft is by far my favorite addition job-wise, and mechanics-wise I liked the continuing battles for more exp, pg, and jp. Music wasn't as good as BD's, but I didn't mind it overall. Story was alright, but I liked what they did with the last boss and the midpoint. I understood what they were trying to do with the job choice sidequests, but a lot of those choices were really stupid. Choosing was a decent way to limit how many jobs you had at any given point though I guess. There were a lot of them. End of the game seems to hint at continuing the story, so I do hope we can get another game someday.

Chastten

Banned

Finally got around to playing this properly on my new n3DS. Abused the First Born Baal trick to overlevel my characters to hell and back in endgame, so that even the optional final boss doesn't do any damage anymore.

Gotta say I enjoyed the first game more (although that may simply be because it was the first and I hadn't played a proper turnbased RPG in a while) but this was still pretty good. Some of the new classes were really fun to mess with.

Now playing Final Fantasy Explorers, hoping to finish that before Fire Emblem Fates releases :)

How's the story and voice acting for this one guys? Is it an improvement?

I love the combat of the original it might be the greatest turn based battle system IMO but the voice acting and story of the original was disappointing. I did like the characters to some degree, but wishing it had a Final Fantasy caliber story (maybe that's an unfair expectation) to match how great it is to play.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I love the combat of the original it might be the greatest turn based battle system IMO but the voice acting and story of the original was disappointing. I did like the characters to some degree, but wishing it had a Final Fantasy caliber story (maybe that's an unfair expectation) to match how great it is to play.

It's only better in that it doesn't take itself as seriously. The actual story is arguably even worse than the original.

Wagram

Voice acting is fine, nothing special, but not bad. The story is considerably better.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It's better in that it doesn't encourage you to read into it or think about it as much. It's pretty thin and lighthearted compared to the first game. If you do pay attention to the details you will be rolling your eyes at the stupidity of a lot of the situations.

"This enemy was able to attack us all the way across an ocean and is apparently capable of keeping an entire army at bay. Let's attack!

Okay, that was a bad idea. Retreat!

Wait, why is retreating even an option if they were able to attack us from halfway across the world?
"

"This enemy was able to attack us all the way across an ocean and is apparently capable of keeping an entire army at bay. Let's attack!

Okay, that was a bad idea. Retreat!

Wait, why is retreating even an option if they were able to attack us from halfway across the world?
"

lol the logic checks out

Can someone help me figure out some job combos. I can't seem to get to 9999 damn let alone breaking the damage limit. I'm lv 99 and have all jobs not all are maxed but it won't take me long to max one if need be. Any help is appreciated.
If you want to add me I'm 0130-1951-8180
If you add me reply or send a pm.

Heero5

Can someone help me figure out some job combos. I can't seem to get to 9999 damn let alone breaking the damage limit. I'm lv 99 and have all jobs not all are maxed but it won't take me long to max one if need be. Any help is appreciated.
If you want to add me I'm 0130-1951-8180
If you add me reply or send a pm.
An easy way to hit 9999 is to use the Pirate class's "Amped Strike" combined with the Swordmaster's "Free Lunch" ability. I recommend adding the Knight's ability "Two-Hands", Charioteer's "P-Atk up 20%", and if necessary Fencer's "Eye of the Wolf".

Hope this helps.

Deadman

End of game and chapter 5 spoilers:

I'm at the final battle now, but before I commit I wanted to know if there is a proper new game plus? And if yes what carries over to the new game?

When i search about new game plus all the results are just about the one at the start of chapter 5

I want to play around with all the jobs I didn't use on this run, but don't particularly want to start from nothing.

spiritfox

I'm at the final battle now, but before I commit I wanted to know if there is a proper new game plus? And if yes what carries over to the new game?

When i search about new game plus all the results are just about the one at the start of chapter 5

I want to play around with all the jobs I didn't use on this run, but don't particularly want to start from nothing.

There is a proper New Game+ after the final boss.

you can pick stuff that you want to bring over to new game plus, such as levels, chara names, items etc. heck, you can choose which chapter that you want to start at lol

Voror

Playing the demo now for the little bonuses, but wow am I having a hard time getting any street passes for the rebuilding. Carried my 3DS with me all day as I went around and not a single ping. If it's like this with the demo then I can only imagine what it will be like for the main game.

Weiss

Banned
Bought the game today. Haven't done the demo, so I hope it's nothing plot significant.

Yew is somehow more Tiz than Tiz was, but at least Edea has made her glorious return. I was hoping Magnolia was going to be the lead judging by the end of BD, because Yew is hella bland so far.

Back to slowly making my way through the game.

Is the Urchin Ba'al beatable when everyone is level 14? That downpour attack decimates everyone even when defaulting.

Top Bottom